The Official Matt Stafford Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Now I'm reading Stafford will start, if that offensive line has any respect for themselves they will give 110% and not let him get drove into the ground repeatedly this game to make matters worse.
    backus is the most worthless POS in the league. didn't even touch that packer on the hail mary attempt at end of half. i can't wait until he's gone.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Hey what about Jason Smith?? Look at how awesome the Rams are doing!
      Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.

Comment

• Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
        Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.
        I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.
          Who wanted the Lions to draft Smith? The only alternatives i saw were Curry or Sanchez and maybe Andre Smith.

Comment

• So how's our boy looking in the games? His stats aren't great but I guess no big surprise since he's a rookie and playing with... well OUR offense ;).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• they must continue to support him with talent ... both sides of the ball. HE is the franchise so get him players. (including on D to get him field position & to stop ... oh say, anybody)

Comment

• Gawt damn

Comment

• She must be from Georgia, down south thickness. Daaamn.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• does anybody doubt that stafford is a winner? i wish i lived someplace besides michigan...like texas.
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Very nice....good to see our star QB likes women and not playing piano and consuming strawberries and champagne......

Comment

• Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                        Very nice....good to see our star QB likes women and not playing piano and consuming strawberries and champagne......
                        The guy could be into donkeys and banjos for all I care. As long as he moves the ball and finds open receivers in the end zone I don't care (within reason of the law) what he does in his spare time.

I better watch myself...I almost said "I don't care if he tortures puppies." Had to reel that one back in.

Comment

• He will break his leg in 24 places during the Pre-Season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MATTYxICE View Post
                            He will break his leg in 24 places during the Pre-Season.
                            i'm blaming you, matt millen, and osama if that happens. then again he'd probably play through it.

i would personally never leave my mansion since he's obviously a walking playboy party.
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                              The guy could be into donkeys and banjos for all I care. As long as he moves the ball and finds open receivers in the end zone I don't care (within reason of the law) what he does in his spare time.

I better watch myself...I almost said "I don't care if he tortures puppies." Had to reel that one back in.
                              Right, I mean on a personal level I could careless (cept about the puppies, i luuuuuuv puppies). Although, it's nice to see our QB endear himself to his teammates and bond on some level. Joey ballgame never did that. Which, I believe, was a contributing factor in him being a bust as an NFL QB....
                              Last edited by cotts1; 02-22-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MATTYxICE View Post
                                He will break his leg in 24 places during the Pre-Season.
                                Did Stafford sleep with your girl or something? You seem to have something against him.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information