X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no bare feet
    started a topic The Official Matt Stafford Thread

The Official Matt Stafford Thread

I think he will be amazing. Anyone else agree? : )

I want a minute by minute update as to what is going on with his life. I heard he is doing quite well during camp, but that is just camp. Good news is better than no news.

• georgiafan
    replied
    It's been a great year for stafford and everyone can breath a little easier when it comes to Stafford. The beauty of a true franchise QB is that he hides the flaws of the offense. One of the worst running games in the NFL and a average OL. Even if the lions gets blown at in the playoffs now you are more attractable to free agents and still have draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler
    replied
    He's been greater than my wildest dreams. I was concerned about the hits that he was taking earlier in his career. I thought that although he had a shaky oline, it was mostly due to horrible presnap recognition by Stafford. Stafford has greatly improved in that area and at times has looked unstoppable due to knowing his matchups and executing the throws. I had a few issues with his accuracy in a couple games, but absolutely no complaints. His throws are a thing of beauty.

421 Completions 663 Attempts 5,038 Yards 63.5% 7.60 YPA 41 TDs 16Ints 97.2 Rating 36 Sacks

He led the league in Attempts(how about that for being injury prone?), 2nd in completions, 5th in completion %, 3rd in Yards, 3rd in TDs, 5th in Rating. The 36 sacks are high, but guess what? Aaron Rodgers had 36 sacks as well.

In my mind the QB hierarchy at this moment goes Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton at top in some order. I'd put Stafford and Eli in that next tier battling for 5th place. Stafford won that battle this year.

As he continues to develop, I want to see his sack numbers drop to the 20s and the interceptions late in games to go away. 16 interceptions is still a very respectable number for leading the league in passing attempts. All the skills are there, its just polishing time. Stability on our coaching staff will enable him to challenge Aaron Rodgers and replace Manning/Brady in that top tier after a few more seasons.

Leave a comment:

• no bare feet
    replied
    Thoughts on Matt's season? Pretty amazing overall.

Leave a comment:

• Brothgar
    replied
    Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
    I thought Matt Stafford was the no brainer and I will stand by that until the day I die.
    I knew he was a great prospect but I thought the O-Line would give him the David Carr treatment.

Leave a comment:

• no bare feet
    replied
    I thought Matt Stafford was the no brainer and I will stand by that until the day I die.

Leave a comment:

• Brothgar
    replied
    Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
    I remember many of debates of me and u being the only ones here defending stafford
    I think mine was BJ Raji and a 2nd round LT.

Leave a comment:

• georgiafan
    replied
    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    Or Aaron Curry. My third favorite prospect ever after John Elway and Jake Locker, love what's going on there in motown.
    I remember many of debates of me and u being the only ones here defending stafford

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    anyone still want jason smith over stafford?
    Or Aaron Curry. My third favorite prospect ever after John Elway and Jake Locker, love what's going on there in motown.

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    I'm a proud member of the Matt Stafford bandwaggon since Day 1.

: )

Leave a comment:

• Prowler
    replied
    If not Stafford, then I had wanted Orakpo or Raji.

Leave a comment:

• SRogers92
    replied
    Most wanted Aaron Curry :p

Leave a comment:

• no bare feet
    replied
    Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
    I think he will be amazing. Anyone else agree? : )

I want a minute by minute update as to what is going on with his life. I heard he is doing quite well during camp, but that is just camp. Good news is better than no news.
    How awesome is he?

Leave a comment:

• georgiafan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Prowler
    replied
    as long as he doesn't lose to Eric Zeier. i want to see him break some random dude's hand with a fastball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information