No announcement yet.

Darby and Cason released! Discuss cuts here!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darby and Cason released! Discuss cuts here!

Billy Cundiff too. Great news, Darby and Cason are bums.

darby was instrumental in our efforts against the run last year. how will we ever repeat our perfection without him?
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

I have never understood what the Lion's have liked so much about Cason as a RB/KR ... finally he's out.

Regarding other teams cuts:
      Deltha O'Neil CB & former 1st rd pick, was released by the Houston Texans today. I would give him a look since we are very thin at CB.

The same Houston Texans who are also thin at CB?

Deltha O'neil is freaking ancient. I'd sooner give Demarcus Faggins a shot.

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            The same Houston Texans who are also thin at CB?

Really, were you joking with someone about this or serious? The Jays are 18.5 out of the wild card today. Oh and giving away Rios & shopping the best pitcher in the game are not moves play-off contenders make in Aug/Sept so I hope you were just showing a little Canadian bias on that one.

(lol ... just poking some fun)

As for football related matters: I was just saying CB is a position of concern for the Lions and O'Neil is a guy who has had some success in the league and may be worth a look since we have first draw on the the waiver wire.

We should give Jack Ikegwuonu a shot. He was released by the Eagles, he seemed like a good enough prospect a few years ago.

the only thing i know about cason is that he's a scrub. and he is fast in madden.

LB Rufus Alexander
                  QB Brooks Bollinger
                  G Milford Brown
                  TE Carson Butler
                  RB Aveion Cason
                  WR Keary Colbert
                  DE Sean Conover
                  K Billy Cundiff
                  DT Chuck Darby
                  RB Tristan Davis
                  LB Zack Follett
                  C Dan Gerberry
                  TE Dan Gronkowski
                  WR Dane Looker
                  DB Calvin Lowry
                  T Lydon Murtha
                  DB Ramzee Robinson
                  DB Stuart Schweigert
                  DT Shaun Smith
                  LB Spenser Smith
                  WR John Standeford

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    We should give Jack Ikegwuonu a shot. He was released by the Eagles, he seemed like a good enough prospect a few years ago.
                    careful ... your XBOX might show up missing ;o)

He can take my XBox as long as the 360 is still here. Not that I play that or anything.

Jack hasn't even played yet.. he missed all of last year. If all else fails, he'd at least give Drew Stanton some company on IR.

According to Tim Twentyman (who?) on

A few names could surface as possible waiver claims for the Lions by Sunday's noon deadline.

Safety Bernard Pollard was waived by the Chiefs and he has some history with current Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham. Pollard has started 31 games over the last two seasons in Kansas City and is a hard-hitting strong safety who was the team's leading tackler with a career-high 98 stops in 2008.

The Vikings released former cornerback Marcus McCauley, a former third-round pick. McCauley could perhaps be an option for the Lions, who are looking for depth in the secondary. He's flashed enough potential over the last two years that he could be attractive to the Lions.

Um .... okay, I guess. Any teams previous years leading tackler (Pollard) is fine by me.

I was surprised to see Bernard Pollard get cut. I wouldn't mind a Marcus McCauley pickup, either. I liked him and wanted him on the Lions two years ago.

Avien Cason will never leave. He may seem like he's gone now but he'll be back, oh he'll be back.

RIP TheManInBlack

Cutting Shaun Smith is kind of surprising.

Debug Information