Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody tell me why Stan Kwan still has a job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody tell me why Stan Kwan still has a job?

He's the lone survivor from the 0-16 disaster, and for what reason? Unless you give him credit for Jason Hanson, our special teams has been nowhere near good the past four years under him. And it was proven yet again against the Bears. I've been saying he should be fired for the past 2 years.

Can somebody defend this guy?.. good luck.

Because he's the only Asian guy in Detroit.

Comment

He's got Asian Persuasion

There are a couple other holdovers too. Sam Gash and Jefferson the Receivers coach.

Kwan should be fired...out of a canon into the sun

Comment

Any coach that was brought in by Rod Marinelli should be sent as far away from Detroit as possible.

Comment

Special teams was pathetic. Most punts there wasn't a Lion within 10 yards.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Chicago starting field position

Chi 27 TD drive 7-7

Chi 40(25 yard Punt Return) Chi Punt

Det 35 (24 yard Hester return) Chi Td

Det 8 from Int, Chi Td

Chi 39(25 yard PR) Chi Punt

Chi 40(out of bounds kick) Halftime

Kickoff return for TD

Det 38, Chicago FG

Chi 48 Chi Punt

Det 19 from sack/fumble Chi FG

Chi 48 Punt

Det 47 from 43 yard KR, Chi TD

Det 48 after TO on downs, Chi TD

That has to be some sort of record for starting field position. Backup Dline playing more so hurt special teams due to Hill/White injury, Pearson out, Kwan terrible. Plus 3 legit returners in Hester,Knox and Manning. Not a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              I know you're probably trying to be funny but that was a dumb statement ...

My guess on why Stan Kwan is still employeed is b/c Chuck Prefer (sp?) was a special teams guru here and this was his "chosen" under study. Also, apparently those in the coaching circle say his work ethic is outstanding for what that is worth in the NFL.

Our special teams woes really speaks to the lack of depth/talent from years of Millen abuse in Detroit. He's Caucasian if any of you did not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                Chicago starting field position

Chi 27 TD drive 7-7

Chi 40(25 yard Punt Return) Chi Punt

Det 35 (24 yard Hester return) Chi Td

Det 8 from Int, Chi Td

Chi 39(25 yard PR) Chi Punt

Chi 40(out of bounds kick) Halftime

Kickoff return for TD

Det 38, Chicago FG

Chi 48 Chi Punt

Det 19 from sack/fumble Chi FG

Chi 48 Punt

Det 47 from 43 yard KR, Chi TD

Det 48 after TO on downs, Chi TD

That has to be some sort of record for starting field position. Backup Dline playing more so hurt special teams due to Hill/White injury, Pearson out, Kwan terrible. Plus 3 legit returners in Hester,Knox and Manning. Not a good day.
                On the chicago radio I heard something like their average starting field position was their 38 or 40 and our average starting position was our 18.

18!!!!! Thats not even the 20 yard line accepting a touchback (which should be the bare minimum average). Stafford threw just shy of 300 yards (296) and got us 24 points despite our horrible special teams. I'm amazed we got 24 points!

Cutler threw for a buck and change because he didn't have to threw for any more. He had a short field EVERY TIME! Special teams all around was awful. I agree; Kwan did an awful job.

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                  On the chicago radio I heard something like their average starting field position was their 38 or 40 and our average starting position was our 18.

18!!!!! Thats not even the 20 yard line accepting a touchback (which should be the bare minimum average). Stafford threw just shy of 300 yards (296) and got us 24 points despite our horrible special teams. I'm amazed we got 24 points!

Cutler threw for a buck and change because he didn't have to threw for any more. He had a short field EVERY TIME! Special teams all around was awful. I agree; Kwan did an awful job.

Yes field position means alot in this league. Lions actually had poor field position for the Washington game too and Stafford still managed to get us a win with some long drives. I just hope he's healthy.

Washington game our scoring drives were from the 1(TD),6(FG),6(FG)and 15(TD). Washington never had great field position in the game.

Minnesota game their 2 td drives came off of Lions offensive miscues starting at Det 27 from Smith fumble and Det 16 from Stafford Int(although Stafford made a play earlier that was called back on Gosder non penalty chop block). Min had two long drives, end of first half from their own 24 in 2 minute drill and from their own 17 to get a FG to go up 20-10. Field goal to tie they started at Det 47(after Detroit two sack series to start second half).

NO game, NO 46(Td),NO 47(Td),NO 19 Punt, No 12 Punt, NO19 Int, No 35 TD, No 41 Td,Det 30 missed FG, NO 16 FG, NO 42 TD, Det 30(fumble return by Detroit), NO 22 TD, Det 44 game. If New Orleans got half a field they scored a td basically except for the last drive which was long. Come back was made when NO had poor field position. Hence why turnovers and special teams are important.
                  Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2; 10-08-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post

My guess on why Stan Kwan is still employeed is b/c Chuck Prefer (sp?) was a special teams guru here and this was his "chosen" under study. Also, apparently those in the coaching circle say his work ethic is outstanding for what that is worth in the NFL.

Our special teams woes really speaks to the lack of depth/talent from years of Millen abuse in Detroit. He's Caucasian if any of you did not know.

He's white? are you sure?

Also Kwan was not Marinelli's ST coach Kwan came in under... Mariuchi? or his predecessor
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post

He's white? are you sure?

Also Kwan was not Marinelli's ST coach Kwan came in under... Mariuchi? or his predecessor
                      Kwan has been here since Bobby Ross coached but he was made ST coach under Rod.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Stan Kwan son you bring great dishonor to famiree!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

Comment

You do not talk back to my Scotty.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              Pay attention, Brodeur!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information