Lions @ Packers ... discuss here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions @ Packers ... discuss here.

Do we have any shot at winning this game today? I know it's been since 1991 since the Leo's won @ Lambeau and our pass defense has given up 15 touchdowns already this year combined with a league best (worst?) 73.5% completion rate, BUT it's the NFL and anything is possible right? Discuss ....

daunte still hasn't 'won' with the lions so he'll be amped up to prove he can win. the packers' oline could give us hope, but rodgers is smart and accurate so we have to win the turnover battle to stay in this thing.

also, this win would have huge draft implications.

0-5 teams
    chiefs
    tampa bay
    st louis
    tennessee

1 win teams
    us 1-4
    buffalo 1-4
    oakland 1-4
    cleveland 1-4
    and carolina is 1-3.

a victory can completely take us out of the top 5 and more likely be in 10th pick range with st louis and cleveland still coming up later this year.
    Last edited by Prowler; 10-18-2009, 11:41 AM. Reason: double posting myself is stupid
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

we need to cut manuel......atleast make the tackle so it's only a rediculously long catch....james jones spun him like a top because manuel didn't commit to the tackle.
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Manuel is garbage.

Not very happy with Ernie Sims's decision on that Kuhn (FB) TD in the 1st quarter. Did anyone see him look lost on that replay? He was a total deer in the headlights ... did not commit to the rush nor the pass coverage. Frozen. It was embarrassing.

This team is so void of talent. They have some 1st string play makers but their 2nd & 3rd stringers are just awful. Thanks for that legacy Matty Millen ... you incompetent SOB drafter!#$@?!@

Comment

They aren't showing the game in Chicago. what happened at QB? Was culpepper benched for throwing two INTS? Injured? Or does it look like a lost cause and Stanton is just getting scrap time?

Comment

Terrible offensive performance but what do you expect without Calvin and Stafford.

Defense, well gave up 26, but were put in terrible situations early. 13 points from terrible situation, 13 on the D.

Pettigrew played horrible, beat on an early sack by Matthews, dropped a pass on a 3 and out, and that int was in hands but bounced into Al Harris. Terrible game for Pettigrew.

Expected blow out and it was a blow out. Nothing else to say really.

Comment

daunte was scrambling and pulled up as he went out of bounds with probably a pulled hamstring.
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

This team is so devoid of talent it's unfair. Props to Jim Schwartz for keeping them from being the worst team in the league. Outside of Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford, Louis Delmas, Larry Foote, and [maybe] Gosder Cherilus; I'm not sure we have anyone who would start for any other team. I think 3-13 would be a decent start considering how bad we were last year and how little talent we have. If Schwartz can get this team to 8-8 by the 2011 season, we should build him a monument.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  This team is so devoid of talent it's unfair. Props to Jim Schwartz for keeping them from being the worst team in the league. Outside of Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford, Louis Delmas, Larry Foote, and [maybe] Gosder Cherilus; I'm not sure we have anyone who would start for any other team. I think 3-13 would be a decent start considering how bad we were last year and how little talent we have. If Schwartz can get this team to 8-8 by the 2011 season, we should build him a monument.
                  Julian Peterson, and Kevin Smith could start for a few teams.
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

don't forget hanson, but yeah that's about it
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                      Terrible offensive performance but what do you expect without Calvin and Stafford.

Defense, well gave up 26, but were put in terrible situations early. 13 points from terrible situation, 13 on the D.

[bold]Pettigrew played horrible, beat on an early sack by Matthews, dropped a pass on a 3 and out, and that int was in hands but bounced into Al Harris. Terrible game for Pettigrew.[/bold]

Expected blow out and it was a blow out. Nothing else to say really.
                      Is anyone else extremely disappointed in how often Pettigrew drops? I have seen parts of about 3-4 games and I have seen more miscues and drops than I have good plays. I know its early and he is a rook, but so far I'm not hugely impressed.

Comment

Pettigrew shows flashes for instance his vertical leap but those drops are not good. Sure its early so we'll wait and see. He's done some good things but has a long way to go. Of course we took him with a Roy Williams traded pick, so we needed someone to take over the Roy drops.

As for the Pettigrew blocking, its been decent but the run game still isn't where it should be by a long shot. LG and Raiola still an issue and Gosder still has some growing. Although this last game I was not impressed at all with Pettigrews blocking in pass protection. Matthews first sack he ran over Pettigrew. I did a double take and was like who is 84 on his back, and I was like crap thats Pettigrew.

Comment

ironic how it turned out when you think about it ... Detroit received not only Pettigrew, but Derrick Williams & Aaron Brown in that Roy Williams trade. All offensive players who catch the ball and have been in the dog house with coaches or fans so far. (in certain capacities)

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                            ironic how it turned out when you think about it ... Detroit received not only Pettigrew, but Derrick Williams & Aaron Brown in that Roy Williams trade. All offensive players who catch the ball and have been in the dog house with coaches or fans so far. (in certain capacities)
                            Derrick Williams has seem to perform pretty well every time I see him on the field, I don't get the negative vibe for him. I'm a little worried about Pettigrew's play but sometimes we forget that this a rookie playing in his first game at Lambeau field. You know what I mean? I'm still expecting more from him, but he is was basically handled the starting job as a rookie and has huge responsibilities in the running and passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              I totally agree. After 7 years of Millen drafting, the cupboard is bare. We are as close to an expansion team as it gets. I place no blame on the coaches or the current management for this mess. Expecting a lot of wins with this personnel is just wishful thinking. What I like is that the draft looks to have been pretty good but we will need 2 or 3 more good ones to be competitive and I'm saisfied so far that Schwartz was a good hire.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information