Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Mulitalo Visits

http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=455877

It looks like Multalo is visiting Detroit today. Depending on his health and his price, he would be a decent stopgap solution at Left Guard. He's a better run blocker than pass blocker, but he's better than what we have right now at Left Guard, which is nobody. I would still want to draft a good guard in Round 2 for the future if Grubbs or Blalock fell.

Any thoughts on Mulitalo?

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post

It looks like Multalo is visiting Detroit today. Depending on his health and his price, he would be a decent stopgap solution at Left Guard. He's a better run blocker than pass blocker, but he's better than what we have right now at Left Guard, which is nobody. I would still want to draft a good guard in Round 2 for the future if Grubbs or Blalock fell.

He should play right guard if he's a better run blocker.

Comment

He played left guard all the time in Baltimore I think though.

Comment

Would be a great signing. If we sign him, I think it might indicate that George Foster will indeed play RT, rather than shifting inside to guard . . . and therefore, no Joe Thomas . . .

Or I suppose it could mark the end of the Damien Woody era as well . . .

Hmm . . .
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Depending on the price, I'd be happy with the signing.
          "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

I think it would mark the end of the Damien Woody era. Fairly surprised that Mulitalo didn't make his first visit with Washington. He reportedly wants to stay in the DC area and the Skins are looking for a guard. That said, if he's healthy, Edwin would help you guys out inside. Add another OL piece in the draft, and the whole line looks much better.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
              I think it would mark the end of the Damien Woody era. Fairly surprised that Mulitalo didn't make his first visit with Washington. He reportedly wants to stay in the DC area and the Skins are looking for a guard. That said, if he's healthy, Edwin would help you guys out inside. Add another OL piece in the draft, and the whole line looks much better.
              Toonster, what do you think of George Foster? Is he best suited to play OG or RT for us? Or is he essentially a "throw in" from that trade that will have little effect on whether we draft Thomas or not . . .
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I was hoping that he'd visit... adding Multalo and Foster can only help us. I guess we could get rid of Woody and still draft JThomas... have a line of Backus-Multalo-Raiola-Foster-JThomas (or something)... or either JScott/Foster can play RT and we could spend the pick differently.

I'm glad they're getting players for the Oline. Now I just hope they pan out.
                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I think Foster is our Right Tackle with Tucker providing some depth there right now. I think Woody will stay depending on the draft and Saipia will back him up at Right Guard. However, if Justin Blalock drops to us Woody could be gone.
                  Backus,Mulitalo,Raiola,Woody,Foster doesn't seem too bad to me.
                  Hope we sign him. Foster is making 2.3 million this year.
                  http://www.thenetrat.com/lionscap2007.html

Comment

I just realized why Mulitalo visited. Our O-line coach Collello coached him in Baltimore. Good connection there. Hopefully, that is enough to sway him away from Washington.

Comment

I think Foster is our Right Tackle with Tucker providing some depth there right now. I think Woody will stay depending on the draft and Saipia will back him up at Right Guard. However, if Justin Blalock drops to us Woody could be gone.
                      Backus,Mulitalo,Raiola,Woody,Foster doesn't seem too bad to me.
                      Hope we sign him. Foster is making 2.3 million this year.
                      http://www.thenetrat.com/lionscap2007.html
                      Getting Blalock would really be great. He's vastly underrated on this forum IMO.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        Getting Blalock would really be great. He's vastly underrated on this forum IMO.
                        Which is great.

I love players that are top 15 picks before the Combine and 2nd round picks after... the workout warriors jump and the great performers fall to your 2nd round pick.
                        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                          Which is great.

I love players that are top 15 picks before the Combine and 2nd round picks after... the workout warriors jump and the great performers fall to your 2nd round pick.
                          great for us, sucks for him though.

Is everyone this harsh on him everywhere or is it just a NFLDC thing?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Mulitalo didn't sign, which leads me to believe that perhaps he wanted too much cash.

If you look at the deals that some less-than-top-tier interior lineman have received this offseason, and the fact that he's 32 and may never see another big contract, it wouldn't surprise me if Edwin's demands were a touch out of Detroit's range.

Comment

Edwin is probably waiting to see on Washington's offer. He would prefer to stay in the DC/Baltimore area.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information