Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI - Lions 2010 Picks Per Round (Oct 09)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI - Lions 2010 Picks Per Round (Oct 09)

Thought this might get lost in the shuffle on the 2010 draft discussion thread so I started a new one gang.

According to another respectable draftnik website (sorry Scott, it was not listed here?) our beloved Detroit Lions picks are as follows for the 2010 Draft.

1st Round
    2nd Round
    3rd Round
    4th Round
    5th Round
    5th Round (from Denver)
    6th Round
    7th Round

It's not too early, how would you fill these 8 slots? Discuss.

Here is my early card ...
    (subject to change as quickly as tomorrow ... hehe)

6) Gerald McCoy DT - OK
    38) Charles Brown LT - USC
    70) Darrell Stuckey S - Kansas
    102) Crezdon Butler CB - Clemson
    134) Alex Carrington DE - Arkansas St
    154) Eric Cook C - New Mexico
    165) Blair White WR - MSU
    197) John Skelton QB - Fordham
    Last edited by SINCE1978; 10-28-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

1) DT Suh Neb. He is a true playmaker at DT. led his team in tackles? insane!

2) Brandon Graham DE Mich. I love him. will play well both ways.

3) Mike Johnson G Alabama. i prefer vlad ducasse, but he will improve our line depth.

4) Dexter McCluster RB/WR Ole Miss. curveball. here is our sproles/harvin/reggie bush. with the way our offense blocks every play could turn into a screen to him. having him there on dump offs will give the d-line something to think about and slow that pass rush down. plus he's not an ''every down'' back so hopefully kevin won't feel threatened. 7 catches 137 yards 1td and 22 rushes for 123 yards against arkansas last week...we can use him. maybe even 3rd round.

5) who knows what corner will be here yet? get me a corner! any corner!

5) Dan Williams DT Tennessee. 6'3" 327 DT from Tennessee. What more do we need to know? they know how to produce DTs in the volunteer state.

6) Myron Rolle S Oxford. i think he's stable but unspectacular. beats the s*** out of manuel who is anything but stable. and this is 6th round.

7) Drew Davis OT Alabama. 6'7" 305lbs. Lets get some size out there for depth. this is 7th round so not looking for left tackle of future, just depth potential.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

What's that undisclosed pick we got from NYJ for O'Connell? And I can't remember who we traded for, but we sent an undisclosed pick somewhere, too..

Comment

turns out that we could have actually used o'connell the other week.
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I want one OL and two DL in the first three rounds. Then, best player after that.

Comment

Lions need more WRs

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                I want one OL and two DL in the first three rounds. Then, best player after that.
                This, with the possibility of Eric Berry, if it were to work out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  Even with Detroit's musical chairs secondary? I like the idea of drafting beef myself, I have them taking several D & O lineman. Just wondering if your value for secondary help comes in later rounds of the draft, FA, or maybe you are satisfied with the current group? Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                    Even with Detroit's musical chairs secondary? I like the idea of drafting beef myself, I have them taking several D & O lineman. Just wondering if your value for secondary help comes in later rounds of the draft, FA, or maybe you are satisfied with the current group? Curious.
                    i would say so. Gotta stop the run before you stop the pass and a good defensive line that can put pressure on the QB can mask a mediocre secondary.

Comment

i like the talent at dline a lot better than the secondary in this draft. i think if we add 1 more player in FA and another in the draft then we should be able to survive another year.
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                        i would say so. Gotta stop the run before you stop the pass and a good defensive line that can put pressure on the QB can mask a mediocre secondary.
                        This secondary isn't mediocre. They are terrible other than Delmas. The only other bright spot might be Ko Simpson and that is a long shot based on what I've heard from Bills fans. Of course it will be BPA depending on the board so two DL/OL might be what we pick, but we need at least 2 corners. If its close BPA wise, take a corner in Round 2 or 3 or in Round 1 if the two stud Dts and Okung are off the board take Berry unless there is some other riser at OT/DT we don't know about yet. It will be tough to surpass Berry for BPA for anyone else not named Suh,McCoy or Okung. Also get the best corner you can get in free agency.

Stopping the run we need one DT in order to do that with Hill,Jackson for one more year IMO, decent backup Dts in Flu and Cohen and our LBs in place plus Delmas in run support. Better corners or Berry at safety would also help in the run too because I think we could put Delmas in the box alot more and let Berry roam. I remember a few big runs this year on us being due to poor corner support/containment.

However for interior pass rush we really need a stud like Suh or McCoy. Interior pass rush will help our D-Ends out greatly IMO. Which in turn we might not need a DE in the draft. We'll see how Hunter,Avril and McBride play the rest of the year.

Plus FA who knows where we go.

Comment

there will be mass suicide if berry/mccoy/suh/and okung are all gone by the time we pick.
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                            there will be mass suicide if berry/mccoy/suh/and okung are all gone by the time we pick.
                            I could see it happening. Depends obviously where we are picking mainly due to the Rams game and Browns game. If that happens, trade down if you can to someone who wants a QB that "fell". If no trade down, who knows at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                              I'm saying this with my #1 pick on the board of Gerald McCoy mind you ... but Detroit's passing D (yards against) is ranked #30 while their rushing D (yards against) is #20. Both not spectacular but our DB's are basically 2nd stringers and other teams "has been's" and the rotation next to Delmas at S is not cutting it either. If we can target a CB & S in our first 4 picks with a DT/ DE & LT that would be fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information