Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Lions Reach 8-8 in 2010? Discuss!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Lions Reach 8-8 in 2010? Discuss!

I say no. But since it is the twilight of the 2009 season for the Lions and jockeying position for the 2010 draft has begun, I thought it may be fun to discuss.

So Detroit sports talk personality Doug Karsch (97.1 fm the ticket in Detroit for those not familiar) said something today on air that I wanted to share here.

He looked into his Lions crystal ball and saw an 8-8 season in 2010 given these stipulations

1) they sign Reggie Bush
    2) draft 2 defensive lineman & 2 offensive lineman

In my opinion, Karsch is a fairly credible sports mind ... although hes an MSU grad who kisses major U of M butt and is constantly reminded of it ;o) Anyway, here was his rd 1 rd 2 picks for the draft I helped him along in rd 3 & 4 with some lineman ideas. By the way if Brandon Graham slips into rd 2 that would be a great pick.

1) Ndamukong Suh, Hulk, Huskers (Gerald McCoy if Suh is gone)
    2) Brandon Graham DE, U of M
    3) Vladimir Ducasse G, UMass (Jason Fox LT The U)
    4) Jon Asamoah G, Illinois (Tony Washington LT Abeline Christian)

Discuss

As a side note ...
    Ndamukog Suh through 12 games has 70 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 13.5 TFL, 17 QB hurries, 10 deflected passes & 3 blocks on special teams! This in 12 games with the Big 12 Conference Championship Saturday against Texas & a bowl game remaining … (wow!)

Comment

To be frank, I think it will take 2 more drafts to get us into .500 territory, one more draft simply isn't enough IMO. We just have too many holes to fill thanks to Millen, before we can begin to move in a very positive direction. I'df say 4 to 6 wins next year with 8 wins the following year if we draft well.
      The guy is just being way too optomistic. Not always but generally young QB's break out in their 3rd year and begin to reach their full potential.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

i absolutely love the way he drafts. we need another safety, corner and wide receiver in addition to those picks though so i'd say we'd still only get 5-6 wins.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Build with the beef!

Get younger, get massive and move piles up front. That draft would aid in doing this, I am not sure about 8-8.

Let's start with going .500 in conference. That would be amazing yr 2 of this regime.

Comment

It's staaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrtinggggggggggggggg........

Talk Radio and MLive draft talk.. Be prepared to make this face many times in the next 4 months:

Comment

why does everyone think Reggie Bush will save their team

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                why does everyone think Reggie Bush will save their team
                Because Kim Kardashian is perfection.

Comment

I thought Reggie broke it off with her?

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                    He came crawling back.

Comment

AFC East and NFC East next year. Nope. We've been blown out in every division game too. Week 2 was closer than the 27-13 score but still its Minny and they should sweep us again.

I agree we need two Dline and 2 Oline. Oh and 2 secondary players.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                        AFC East and NFC East next year. Nope. We've been blown out in every division game too. Week 2 was closer than the 27-13 score but still its Minny and they should sweep us again.

I agree we need two Dline and 2 Oline. Oh and 2 secondary players.
                        We have the AFC and NFC East next year? Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          He broke it off in her

Comment

I'd like to see us get some help in the secondary, maybe Berry if Suh is gone.

Comment

8-8 is WAY too optismistic considering that there's been no mention of upgrading the secondary whatsoever other than indirectly doing so with the addition of Suh and Graham on the line.

Based on the assumptions made, a 5 win season seems reasonable at this point.
                              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information