Trading Calvin..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    The Gaines Adams trade was really really bad.
    a second round pick isn't all that bad. it's only unfortunate that they already traded away everything else to get Cutler.

for the record: I do believe Cutler will pull himself together and make the Bears a much better football team next season.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Just adding to the Bears discussion ... they are a 6-9 team (probably 7-9 if they beat Detroit Sunday) and that would make them 4-4 in the division. Whoopy!!! They won't pick until rd 3 in this draft and better go Oline to protect their ASSet (Cutler).

Call me a homer but I would rather have Matt Stafford/Johnson/Pettigrew and a full arsenal of picks to improve the D then wino Cutler and rd 3 picks and beyond with 7 wins. Give us 2 more off season and we will have passed Chicago in the NFC North. Just my opinion ...

Comment

• Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
        Just adding to the Bears discussion ... they are a 6-9 team (probably 7-9 if they beat Detroit Sunday) and that would make them 4-4 in the division. Whoopy!!! They won't pick until rd 3 in this draft and better go Oline to protect their ASSet (Cutler).

Call me a homer but I would rather have Matt Stafford/Johnson/Pettigrew and a full arsenal of picks to improve the D then wino Cutler and rd 3 picks and beyond with 7 wins. Give us 2 more off season and we will have passed Chicago in the NFC North. Just my opinion ...
        Call me a cynic but I don't think Cutler will struggle next season, at least not as much as he has this season. Besides, they'll get Urlacher back next season as well. Face it, when it comes to the NFC North we have some ways to go. But with a decent-ish line, a promising quarterback and a few guys able to catch balls and/or run with them.
        A little defense and who konws, we might be able to challenge Chicago. Maybe.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

The Bears don't have the draft pick ammunition until like 2011 with the Culter & Gaines Adams trades!!
          I think he was painting a hypothetical of "if he were a bear I wouldn't trade him unless..."

The way the Bears have been drafting though (sounds horrible to say) but they are better off with Cutler. The guy can be great.

The team I'm wondering about for next year is Minnesota. Will Favre really retire this time? If so, who is their QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
            I think he was painting a hypothetical of "if he were a bear I wouldn't trade him unless..."

The way the Bears have been drafting though (sounds horrible to say) but they are better off with Cutler. The guy can be great.

The team I'm wondering about for next year is Minnesota. Will Favre really retire this time? If so, who is their QB?
            Sure he was ... Chicago would salivate over a WR like CJ. For now they have Johnny Knox ;o)

Cutler has already been a Pro Bowler, not a bold statement to call him great imo. I am not a fan however of him or his skills even. His on field body language & cry baby/ "me first" mentality in the locker room would not settle well with me if I were a teammate.

Yeah the QB carousel in Viking land will be interesting for 2010 and beyond. Clearly the confidence towards Sage & Tavaris as starters is low.

Comment

The Bears don't have the draft pick ammunition until like 2011 with the Culter & Gaines Adams trades!!
              This has nothing to do with what I said. Why would you reply with this?

Can you not read?

Comment

• Probably not.

Comment

• you'd need all the picks you could get
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• This thread is dead. Let's let it happen with dignity.
                    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                      If the Bears had Megatron, I wouldn't trade him for less than 2 firsts and a third. Three firsts if he were going in the same division.
                      In the history of the NFL has any team ever traded 3 1st rd draft picks?? I read that correctly right Monomach??

Comment

In the history of the NFL has any team ever traded 3 1st rd draft picks?? I read that correctly right Monomach??
                        Yes, you read that part correctly...not that your previous reply had a single thing to do with it. Your previous reply was a complete non sequitur. It would be like me saying out of the blue "YEAH, WELL THE LIONS HAVE BEEN PATHETIC FOR YEARS" in response to you talking about whether or not you should draft a DT this year.

...and yes, a team has traded 3 first round picks...plus three 2nd round picks, one 3rd round pick, one 6th round pick, and five players. That team is in our division, for Christ's sake.

There was also a recent trade of an entire draft plus another first and third. That would be more than three firsts.

How young do you have to be to not remember these? They weren't all that long ago and both are legendary in the football world and even on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information