Trading Calvin..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Calvin..

There has been significant talk about how good of a deal this could potentially be for the Lions. What does everyone here think?

I feel if we could get a couple good picks for him then lets do it. By the time this team comes around he will want to be the highest paid WR in the league. I know he stretches the defense and has a lot of value, I just think for the right price there could be a great deal for the Lions somewhere out there.

I wouldn't deem him untouchable, but I don't think any team would be willing to pay what I'd want for him. Something like this year's 1st, 3rd, and 5th plus next year's 1st would get my attention.

Comment

A team like Baltimore could be interested in a deal like that.

Comment

1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and 1st, and 3rd next year plus a player would be a good starting point. Anything less than that, I would deem him untouchable. Except maybe trading for Drew Brees and Colston. Or Philip Rivers and the entire secondary from the Chargers.
        http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

AHHAAHH det now it all, hahahaha. I know Calvin is good but come on.

Probably more realistic is P-L's trade and that could happen, 1,3,5 not to much for CJ, and asking for the extra first is reasonable. Though they might want another player then maybe Sims.

Most likely case would be 1, 4, 1....somewhere around there. Its gonna be at least 2 first round picks.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            AHHAAHH det now it all, hahahaha. I know Calvin is good but come on.

Probably more realistic is P-L's trade and that could happen, 1,3,5 not to much for CJ, and asking for the extra first is reasonable. Though they might want another player then maybe Sims.

Most likely case would be 1, 4, 1.
            Point being i wouldnt trade him on any fair deal it would have to be something rediculous along the lines of the saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams.

Comment

Id take him on New England for this years first, oaklands first next year and a 4th

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                Id take him on New England for this years first, oaklands first next year and a 4th
                I'd be willing to give up a lot to get Calvin. Moss is getting up there but he still has some good years left, giving Brady Calvin/Moss/Welker would be amazing. We have some big holes though and I doubt we make a move where we would have to give up that much.

Comment

Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
                  Point being i wouldnt trade him on any fair deal it would have to be something rediculous along the lines of the saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams.
                  we will trade you our entire draft this year!

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                    There has been significant talk about how good of a deal this could potentially be for the Lions. What does everyone here think?

I feel if we could get a couple good picks for him then lets do it. By the time this team comes around he will want to be the highest paid WR in the league. I know he stretches the defense and has a lot of value, I just think for the right price there could be a great deal for the Lions somewhere out there.
                    Where? Local radio? I'm curious.

I think it's next to impossible that it actually happens because you don't have any other threats on the outside and just drafted a strong-armed QB to grow with him...
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

i have no problem trading him. the picks we get would form the core of our team. that is more of an impact for us than simply having one guy who is getting killed every week by defenses. i can't remember the last time he was fully healthy.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I haven't read the thread yet.. but I was gonna make this same exact thread earlier in the AM hours.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          we will trade you our entire draft this year!
                          Your draft is wearing #6 and just threw another pick.

Comment

I would trade Calvin.. We got a 1 and 3 for Roy Williams basically.. Calvin is younger, taller, faster.. basically better all around. And he isn't a diva. I know we ripped Dallas off in the trade but that should be a starting point.

We would have no weapons in the offense though, so that'd suck. We could build up the Defense and OL with what we got for Calvin, but that slows Stafford's progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              I would trade Calvin.. We got a 1 and 3 for Roy Williams basically.. Calvin is younger, taller, faster.. basically better all around. And he isn't a diva. I know we ripped Dallas off in the trade but that should be a starting point.

We would have no weapons in the offense though, so that'd suck. We could build up the Defense and OL with what we got for Calvin, but that slows Stafford's progress.
                              It would be ok though. The Pats will trade for him and you can draft Gerald McCoy and Jason Fox in the 1st this year then take Julio Jones next year with Oakland's pick. Everyone's happy...except Al Davis

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information