The Stanchize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stanchize

Just curious as they didnt air the game here... how did he look? From the looks of it, better than Culpepper.

Today was a good day. Cleveland won, pushing themselves behind us in draft order. We lost to a good team in a close game (and without Stafford). And damnit I've never been this glued to the score updates for SEA v. TBAY. GO TAMPA BAY!!!

Its sad, but I'm now at the point where I'm rooting for draft position instead of wins in hopes that we get the Boy Named Suh.

He was really nothing too special. Better than Culpepper though.

Comment

Do not bash Daunte Culpepper. He is why we didn't need to draft Matthew Stafford.

Comment

Stanton didn't play well but he looked better than DC for sure. He had one good drive with a couple good throws(one to Calvin and one to DW) down 24-17 to tie the game but the rest of it wasn't very good QB play. At one point, Schwartz looked at Stafford and joked about him going in there. Stanton deeper just isn't very accurate and his short stuff on screens wasn't good either, Morris really had to make a couple nice catches on the screens. Morris had a great day though and the halftime adjustments on the Oline worked. Gosder got pulled, he was playing terrible and Man Ram. Gosder really better get his act together. He is my most disappointing player for us this year I think. It was Avril or Sims but both had good days today.

Stanton did not do one thing to get us back from the 17 point deficit unless you count the terrible int he threw allowing Delmas to get a 100 yard int return. He also didn't do anything when Breaston muffed the punt and we had great field position or the final two minute drive he looked lost. One good drive we'll take it though better than 0 and 3 points by DC. Of course he didn't get starter reps this week but still, no excuse for Stanton.

Stinks we can never get a complete game from both the O and D. When the O stunk in the 1st half the D played well, then both played well in the 3rd, then 4th Quarter defense fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          Do not bash Daunte Culpepper. He is why we didn't need to draft Matthew Stafford.
          Do you think Culpepper would get back up to 3 bills? I think we should give him a try and LT or DT.

I mean since fans think he is so talented and that we shouldn't have drafted a QB instead of him, maybe he is more talented at those positions and we don't need to draft a LT or DT this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
            Do you think Culpepper would get back up to 3 bills? I think we should give him a try and LT or DT.

I mean since fans think he is so talented and that we shouldn't have drafted a QB instead of him, maybe he is more talented at those positions and we don't need to draft a LT or DT this year.
            Now seriously....did anyone think that we didn't need to draft Stafford because we had Culpepper AND he was our future??

But anyway, how about Tampa Bay? Our draft positioning is getting better and better. So its St Louis at 1 win (in a close loss yesterday) then Tampa Bay and Detroit 2 wins. I hate rooting for draft position but Suh looks so damn good and fills probably our biggest need.

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
              Now seriously....did anyone think that we didn't need to draft Stafford because we had Culpepper AND he was our future??

But anyway, how about Tampa Bay? Our draft positioning is getting better and better. So its St Louis at 1 win (in a close loss yesterday) then Tampa Bay and Detroit 2 wins. I hate rooting for draft position but Suh looks so damn good and fills probably our biggest need.
              I don't know how much you listened to sports talk radio last year, but yes, that was the feeling of some Lions fans haha. Everyone was talking about how he lost weight and how he would be a quality starter in the league.

Comment

it was all about aaron curry #1 and taylor mays before he decided to stay in school.
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Mr. Farmington Hills Harrison is getting the starting nod in SF Sunday!
                  This was the nail in the coffin for C Pep ....

Comment

Stanton is going win these last two games and then we are going to have to trade Stafford...

Comment

between him and calvin we could get about 5 first round picks plus some mid rounders.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

They said we need to build the TRENCHES and our D"fense before we drafted a QB.. and that Culpepper could hold us over until we drafted Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow or whoever. Aaron Curry and Jason Smith were supposed to provide immediate help, which is what we needed after an 0-16 season.

Comment

So far you guys have the #2 pick because of SOS over Tampa. In case you were wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            They said we need to build the TRENCHES and our D"fense before we drafted a QB.. and that Culpepper could hold us over until we drafted Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow or whoever. Aaron Curry and Jason Smith were supposed to provide immediate help, which is what we needed after an 0-16 season.
                            I think after looking at this season, it's pretty safe to assume that if we took Curry or Smith over Stafford we would be facing another winless season. So much for immediate help, lol.

Comment

Yep. Stafford single-handedly won that Cleveland game for us, and I'm not sure we beat Washington with Culpepper at quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information