No announcement yet.

< 2010 Lions Roster/Free Agency Discussion Thread >

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad we have Eric King under contract for next. I liked what what I saw from before he got injured. Terrance Taylor on the practice squad??? Interesting

Comment

Definitely keep K Smith. His year was affected in large part by the terrible play of the o-line. Iupati/Ducasse/Asamoah/Williams...any one of those three would be a big help at guard.

Although there won't be many UFA's this year, I think that we'll see quite a cuts involving bigger names that we might have a chance to grab. Dunta Robinson is one guy that I would like to see in Detroit next season.

As for Peterson, I'm on the fence. If a salary cap is agreed to, I say cut him as his production isn't worth $7.5 mil a year. If no cap, keep him around for another season.
      [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

what are people's opinion on cherilous playing OG? would he be able to handle the move?

also im very curious on whether dorsey is still an option in a trade.

if we could trade sims and a 3rd or 4th for dorsey i would do it in a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          what are people's opinion on cherilous playing OG? would he be able to handle the move?

also im very curious on whether dorsey is still an option in a trade.

if we could trade sims and a 3rd or 4th for dorsey i would do it in a heartbeat
          6'7 is pretty tall for an OG but if it would be possible I think I'd like him to do it.

Because I think this would be the best way to solve the Oline

New LT - Goz - Raiola - Peterman - Backus

But I don't know if Gosder moving to LG is a realistic scenario

Comment

ideally i'd prefer if we somehow ended up with a new LT and guard with cherilus the long term right tackle and swingman for depth. probably too much to ask for though in one year.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Seems like the best place to post this as I'm too lazy to start a gameday thread...

Levy has 8 first half tackles and has looked great in the middle. This pleases me.
              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I can't wait for Schwartz to cut all the scrubs on this team, Anthony Henry goes first.

Comment

luckily henry is walking away no matter what. this was his last year of his deal. byrant johnson is tied with heyward-bey as the worst wr in the league according to profootballfocus stats. roy williams has a higher catch percentage.
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

does anyone know what cap room we'll have this offseason?

Comment

infinite. no new collective bargaining agreement. young free agents will be harder to come by though so unless we trade we're pretty much going to be stuck with our roster, current free agents, and draft. sounds like they are building a new agreement though and hopefully they'll have that rookie salary cap in there. it would help us out more than most teams.
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                        infinite. no new collective bargaining agreement. young free agents will be harder to come by though so unless we trade we're pretty much going to be stuck with our roster, current free agents, and draft. sounds like they are building a new agreement though and hopefully they'll have that rookie salary cap in there. it would help us out more than most teams.
                        considering we draft top 5 annually, I agree.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

i doubt we have a chance but i wonder if ford would open his wallet for peppers. i dont think he will resign with carolina and it would cost them about 20 mil to franchise him again

Comment

Maybe not Peppers b/c of the big $$, but maybe another Boilermaker across from Avril like Ray Edwards? Doubtful he leaves Minnesota, but enough $$ might sway him ... pretty sure he is a FA at the end of the season.

McBride, Hunter & White are all back ups imo. Watching their combined ineptitude today cemented my belief there ;o) Avril is a good situational DE but we lack play makers at this position in a major way! Griffen/Hardy/Graham/JPP/Hughes all might be solid options if there @ pick 34?

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                              i doubt we have a chance but i wonder if ford would open his wallet for peppers. i dont think he will resign with carolina and it would cost them about 20 mil to franchise him again
                              Even if he did, would peppers come here? Its going to be a while before we draw attrative free agents...think about the Tigers during their 90s, early 00s drought. Only reason we got pudge and maggs is because we took a chance on those guys. i think with the Lions its going to be the same.

Comment

Terrell Owens, Kyle Vandon Bosch, and Aaron Kampman are some names I'd throw out there

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information