No announcement yet.

< 2010 Lions Roster/Free Agency Discussion Thread >

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not sure the coaches will want to put calvin and stafford in a position to have to deal with TO so i'd give up on that one IMO.

Comment

TO played on a pretty bad Buffalo team and didn't cause any problems. Calvin seems pretty mature and I really don't think he'd have any negative affect on him. He'd probably come on a year deal and we wouldn't have to spend a draft pick on a WR. I'd sign him.

Comment

but this would be the first time where T.O. wasnt the number 1 option. and if things blow up it would tear apart our team with a 2nd year QB, TE and CJ being relatively young as well.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          but this would be the first time where T.O. wasnt the number 1 option. and if things blow up it would tear apart our team with a 2nd year QB, TE and CJ being relatively young as well.
          I'm not sure if not being the #1 option would bother him that much in this point of his career. Its a bit of a risk but we are so devoid of talent that I'd look into. Plus he'd come on a one year deal most likely, so you can cut him and it won't be a big deal. Personally I think he'd like to come play for a QB like Stafford plus he would get open with CJ on the field.

CJ, Pettigrew, Kevin Smith, Aaron Brown, and TO on the field for one play?? I think that sounds pretty sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Terrell Owens, Kyle Vandon Bosch, and Aaron Kampman are some names I'd throw out there
            I'd like Vanden Bosch... pretty sure Owens and Kampman won't play for the Lions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

All the Detroit radio guys want to sign TO this morning...SWDC lurkers??? lol

Comment

Eugene Amano would be a good free agent pickup. LG for the Titans, good run blocker since CJ got 2,000. He was drafted in 2004 so he has 6 accrued seasons and will be a free agent. Plus the Schwartz connection with the Titans. I know Loper was an uber fail but he was a backup to begin with on the Titans. Amano is a legit starter. Logan Mankins and Evans won't be free agents since they don't have enough seasons.

I would love Kampman too but thats a pipe dream. VanDenBosch eh, he's old and not the same since Haynesworth left. He would be an upgrade over White(who is gone) and Hunter for sure though.

And any decent corner will do just as long as William James does not start ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                  Eugene Amano would be a good free agent pickup. LG for the Titans, good run blocker since CJ got 2,000. He was drafted in 2004 so he has 6 accrued seasons and will be a free agent. Plus the Schwartz connection with the Titans. I know Loper was an uber fail but he was a backup to begin with on the Titans. Amano is a legit starter. Logan Mankins and Evans won't be free agents since they don't have enough seasons.

I would love Kampman too but thats a pipe dream. VanDenBosch eh, he's old and not the same since Haynesworth left. He would be an upgrade over White(who is gone) and Hunter for sure though.

And any decent corner will do just as long as William James does not start ever again.
                  James is still the best CB we have. He probably will start since it's unrealistic to expect finding 2 new starters at corner.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    James is still the best CB we have. He probably will start since it's unrealistic to expect finding 2 new starters at corner.
                    I still think Buchanon is the best we have. Buchanon wasn't picked on as much and I think there is a reason for that. It seems it was usually James/Marvin White getting beat especially for big plays. May just be the safety on that side that they picked on James but James has no speed which causes big problems and why he lines up way off the receiver. Which makes him susceptible to getting beat underneath too. Buchanon has speed and better ball skills IMO. Plus Buchanon is signed for another year,James is not.

Will be interesting too with Eric King back. I think the starters will be Buchanon,hopefully a decent FA corner or good rookie corner and then Eric King in the nickel. Maybe they bring James back to compete but I really don't want to see him starting next year for sure.

Comment

I see where Scott Wright is saying that McCoy might be a better DT than Suh. Just goes to show how hype can convince fans that a player is special.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Ray Edwards will be a RFA as things stand, so he won't be coming.

T.O. would be interesting for sure. Definitely high risk, high reward, but it would make for a sick WR combo...

Kampman would look so goooood as a Lion! He can go back to playing with a hand in the dirt all the time and would INSTANTLY improve our pass rush. Kampman and Suh/McCoy joining the D-line would be awesome.

No thanks to Peppers...
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Could you guys imagine how different our roster would have been had we selected Andre Johnson, instead of Charles Rogers? I only ask this because our team would be different along with the fact that I want Johnson so much more than Rogers at the time.

Yes, I know you could say that with a number of picks, but I actually felt at that time if we wanted a WR we actually took the worse one of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                            Could you guys imagine how different our roster would have been had we selected Andre Johnson, instead of Charles Rogers? I only ask this because our team would be different along with the fact that I want Johnson so much more than Rogers at the time.

Yes, I know you could say that with a number of picks, but I actually felt at that time if we wanted a WR we actually took the worse one of the two.
                            Well, we'd have Joe Thomas or AD instead of Calvin . . . that'd be one big difference.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

probably Derrick Johnson or Merriman instead of drafting Mike williams

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                                probably Derrick Johnson or Merriman instead of drafting Mike williams
                                Or DeMarcus Ware ... take your pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information