< 2010 Lions Roster/Free Agency Discussion Thread >

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noondog View Post
    Hefney was a CFL all-star in his rookie season for whatever that's worth.
    haha probably not too much...

Comment

Cameron Wake isn't laughing.

Hefney is a former All-SEC DB.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

The Detroit Lions signed nine free agents today, including former seventh-round pick Dan Gronkowski, a tight end, and defensive tackle Terrence Taylor of Michigan.

Gronkowski was a rookie this season and was active for two games but finished the season on the practice squad.

The Lions also signed cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels, guard Kurt Quarterman, defensive end Robert Henderson, receivers Michael Ray Garvin and Kole Heckendorf and defensive backs Jonathan Hefney and Paul Pratt.

Comment

wonder if they actually have a plan for taylor. I liked him coming outa michigan but he is pretty short for a DT

Comment

Why the hell are we signing all these guys now? Did someone forget to tell the FO that we're not going to the playoffs?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

gronkowski could stick but everyone else is just here to compete in training camp and give the coaches somebody to cut in spring
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                Buchanon got benched once and got hurt twice. James is terrible and is the one that gets picked on constantly. Play actions destroy him. I watch all the games twice with local bar/game rewind, live in DC not Michigan.
                Buchanon did play better the last few games but Schwartz has even said publicly that James was the Leo's best CB all season. Also, the blame you place on James for giving up bigs plays on play action probably were actually because of mistakes made by the SS not giving James help over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                  Buchanon did play better the last few games but Schwartz has even said publicly that James was the Leo's best CB all season. Also, the blame you place on James for giving up bigs plays on play action probably were actually because of mistakes made by the SS not giving James help over the top.
                  You could also blame the lack of pass rush as well ;o)

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4833908
                    Wow, Chicago Bears DE Gaines Adams died Sunday of apparent cardiac arrest... that is sad. A life cut short at age 26 with a suspected clean bill of health. Man, I pray for his family.

Comment

Ray Edwards is a beast, I would through some money at that guy this off season.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                        Ray Edwards is a beast, I would through some money at that guy this off season.
                        RFA as it stands right now though...I wouldn't want to part with draft picks to get him. If a new CBA is reached, that would be a different story.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4833908
                          Wow, Chicago Bears DE Gaines Adams died Sunday of apparent cardiac arrest... that is sad. A life cut short at age 26 with a suspected clean bill of health. Man, I pray for his family.
                          this isn't the greatest thing for me to say but i doubt anybody on here is related to him so, that was one horrible trade for chicago.
                          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Def should go after big Ray if he becomes unrestricted....Mayhew probably already has the offer drawn up....cmon Ray! were building somethin' good here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by cotts1; 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                              Def should go after big Ray if he becomes unrestricted....Mayhew probably already has the offer drawn up....cmon Ray! were building somethin' good here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I doubt ray will be free to go... honestly stop wishing for free agents to come here. They won't.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                I doubt ray will be free to go... honestly stop wishing for free agents to come here. They won't.
                                We have 50 million in cap space, we have money to offer, which is what most FA's are interested in......good to see your such an optimist.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information