Post your Lion's mocks here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    You guys have damn good picks every year. How can you act like you always end up with bad players? Not like you pick at the end of the rounds.
    Because we had one of the worst General Managers in sports history until this past year.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      You guys have damn good picks every year. How can you act like you always end up with bad players? Not like you pick at the end of the rounds.

Oh wait... you took Brandon Pettigrew. :D Passed up on some real nice gems... but you did get the #1 TE! :P
      We should change the name of this thread...this is post your Lions MOCK DRAFT. Not post to mock the Lions draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
        We should change the name of this thread...this is post your Lions MOCK DRAFT. Not post to mock the Lions draft.
        Ha ha ha... Sorry man. I love every single Lions poster on this site, and they love me... even if they don't know it. hahaha. I can joke like this because I'm cool like dat. :D

Nothing better than chatting on draft day with you fools. Always crackin' me up! :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          i'd rather give up our 3rd for a 4th and trade up with NE to secure Iupati.
          Lions gives up 2nd(580) + 3rd(265)=845
          NE gives up 1st(780) + 4th(58)=838

1(2). Suh/McCoy
          1(22). Iupati
          The mock I made just didnt take into account and trades. It was sitting right where we were. Honestly though, I just don't see us getting Iupati. He improved his stock at the Sr. Bowl. I'm in no way in favor of trading up at all. We have too many stating holes to fill to give up 2nd and 3rd round picks. If you want Iupati you're going to have to trade down out of the #2 spot to grab him. If you can trade down it may not be a bad idea.
          http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

• well i think its false value with the trade numbers. iupati is being mentioned as a can't miss hutchinson/faneca type right now but still being available at bottom of 1st round. we would still have our 2nd round pick(iupati in round 1) and 3rd round pick(4th rounder from patriots or whoever). we lose value late to gain value early which is a win for us.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

well i think its false value with the trade numbers. iupati is being mentioned as a can't miss hutchinson/faneca type right now but still being available at bottom of 1st round. we would still have our 2nd round pick(iupati in round 1) and 3rd round pick(4th rounder from patriots or whoever). we lose value late to gain value early which is a win for us.
              I thought you had us trading our second and 3rd for a 1st and 4th?

Lions gives up 2nd(580) + 3rd(265)=845
              NE gives up 1st(780) + 4th(58)=838

We wouldnt have a 2nd, or 3rd with this trade. And I don't see NE giving up a 1st for a 3 & 4. I dont see them trading away their first for a 2 and 3 either. Look at their trading history, they dont trade for fair value by chart they usually get the much much higher value.
              http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

• you are correct, but i'm fighting the assumption that we are losing picks. i want people to know that we aren't losing any players from this draft and that we'd still be able to fill our needs since we'd have the same amount of picks. and the team doesn't matter, we can do a similar deal with picks in early 20s. New England traded out of the 1st round last year and seemed to target players in 2nd round plus this draft is deep enough and they have a few holes to fill on defense. They also tend to not follow the draft board (mankins) and if they believe their player will be there they don't have a problem trading down (chung).
                Last edited by Prowler; 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM.
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

you are correct, but i'm fighting the assumption that we are losing picks. i want people to know that we aren't losing any players from this draft and that we'd still be able to fill our needs since we'd have the same amount of picks. and the team doesn't matter, we can do a similar deal with picks in early 20s. New England traded out of the 1st round last year and seemed to target players in 2nd round plus this draft is deep enough and they have a few holes to fill on defense. They also tend to not follow the draft board (mankins) and if they believe their player will be there they don't have a problem trading down (chung).
                  What would you think if the Lions took Berry at 2, traded up into the late first and took Iupati and then took Cam Thomas in round 4?

Comment

• i prefer the pass rush up the gut from mccoy but would like having iupati and thomas. i read a stat a year ago where i believe when a defense gets a sack the offense only scores something like 8-16% of the time as opposed to 2x-3x that.(its been a while) i'm a big fan of pressure along the defensive line which would allow us to drop more men back and stop sending as many blitzes. i also like having team leaders(either by skill or veteraness) along each of the 3 lines of defense and we're missing one on the dline. The secondary can count on delmas but still definately needs help, the linebackers can still look to peterson, foote, levy, but the dline only has grady jackson. so i'd feel more comfortable with mccoy then adding a corner/safety later.
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• we're at number two guys. Either way we get either McCoy or Suh. It's all good.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Iupati didn't look good in the actual game and that does account for something. I wouldn't want to give up any picks in moving up for him, but I'll gladly take him at #34 if he's there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Iupati didn't look good in the actual game and that does account for something. I wouldn't want to give up any picks in moving up for him, but I'll gladly take him at #34 if he's there.
                          Yes, he isn't Brendan Albert, he proved that. He is a good guard, but I don't see him worth moving up 10 spots for.

Comment

• Here's a mock I saw on ANOTHER SITE

1. Ndamukong Suh
                            2. Kyle Wilson
                            3. Dexter McCluster
                            4. John Jerry

I would absolutely positively love this draft. Unfortunately I doubt it'd happen.. I'd expect Kyle Wilson and McCluster to be gone by the end of Round 2.. and it's always tough to predict where a guard is gonna get drafted. It's nice to dream about, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Here's a mock I saw on ANOTHER SITE

1. Ndamukong Suh
                              2. Kyle Wilson
                              3. Dexter McCluster
                              4. John Jerry

I would absolutely positively love this draft. Unfortunately I doubt it'd happen.. I'd expect Kyle Wilson and McCluster to be gone by the end of Round 2.. and it's always tough to predict where a guard is gonna get drafted. It's nice to dream about, though.
                              I saw that same Mock Lions WMD and also fell in love with it. I would take 3 of those players and be very happy. Maybe Myron Rolle in the 5th? Dreaming...

Comment

• Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
                                I saw that same Mock Lions WMD and also fell in love with it. I would take 3 of those players and be very happy. Maybe Myron Rolle in the 5th? Dreaming...
                                I think Rolle is shooting up draft boards right now. I'd say he's late second-early third area. I agree that'd be a sick draft, but I'm not sure about McCluster. I like Aaron Brown more than others and I want a more complete back type like Ryan Matthew.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information