Post your Lion's mocks here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point.
    Scotty D, what are your thoughts on Maurice Morris? Will the Lions consider letting him go and actually pursue a back in the draft or is that just false hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
      Good point.
      Scotty D, what are your thoughts on Maurice Morris? Will the Lions consider letting him go and actually pursue a back in the draft or is that just false hope?
      I really like Maurice Morris, he's a solid back. The Lions will get a RB in the draft or free agency I can pretty much guarantee you that. He's a fall back plan if they can't though. I haven't really thought what that means for Morris though. I don't think are relying on Kevin Smith at all for next year (wouldn't be shocked if he was on the PUP to start the year).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        I think Rolle is shooting up draft boards right now. I'd say he's late second-early third area. I agree that'd be a sick draft, but I'm not sure about McCluster. I like Aaron Brown more than others and I want a more complete back type like Ryan Matthew.
        Why does Aaron Brown not get opportunities, and I feel the need to ask that someone else likes him like me? Linehan didn't give him **** when Smith went down with an injury which annoyed me to no end.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Why does Aaron Brown not get opportunities, and I feel the need to ask that someone else likes him like me? Linehan didn't give him **** when Smith went down with an injury which annoyed me to no end.
          Well the rumors that were floating around during the season was that Brown kept missing assignments and wasn't always running the right route.

Comment

• Yeah I imagine he wasn't practicing well or messing up on things we wouldn't notice, and I don't know how good he is at picking up the blitz.

Comment

• Aaron Brown is a decent back, but I don't think he's cut out to be any more than a 5 or 6 touch per game kind of player.

I would absolutely love to see McCluster in Detroit. I think he would be a perfect speed back and a game-breaker. He would likely have to platoon, but nonetheless...

As for Rolle, the only way I see him going in the third round is if he absolutely convinces teams that he's in it for the long haul and not planning on a very short career to pursue being a doctor. The fact that he didn't play this year is obviously going to have a big impact as well. Considering how deep this year's safety class is, I would think Rolle will fall into the 4-5 round range...he'll be a solid pick-up there for somebody.
              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I heard the same rumblings about Aaron Brown & missing assignments & such ... regardless, the kid has speed & skill. When he touches the ball things happen, the chains move, etc ... He was a rookie. Rookies tend to react. The game is still so fast to them, he may be a perfect case for everything slowing down for him in year 2 where he can find his groove. (& his playbook!) I hope Linehan steals 10 or so plays out of New Orleans play book for Reggie Bush & get him touches in the same fashion. Bush does not block or carry 20x a game & even puts the rock on the carpet occasionally, yet Sean Payton still dials it up for him b/c he excites.

I agree on Dex McCluster from Ol Miss, very similar type of threat. He may even see action as a wildcat QB but I see him as WR with occasional sets lined up behind the QB (as a RB). If McCluster slips into the 4th I would take him for sure. RB by committee has proven effective in the league.(Jets,Chargers,Patriots,Raiders,Giants,Path ers,etc)

As for Maurice Morris, he seems a better #2 back then Aveon Cason, Rudy Johnson or some of the other clowns we have had here in the recent past. He seems to run hard, like he is mad. I like that.
                Last edited by SINCE1978; 02-03-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
                  Good point.
                  I don't think we should be pumping picks into the RB position as of right now. Plenty of places where we need help more than RB. That said IF there's a falling guy in round five or something, why not take a flyer.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    I don't think we should be pumping picks into the RB position as of right now. Plenty of places where we need help more than RB. That said IF there's a falling guy in round five or something, why not take a flyer.
                    Part of me really agrees with this. I think if we improve our offensive line, you will see some of these RBs start to improve. I'm not sold on Kevin Smith but he is serviceable and still young.

Comment

• i like maurice morris but am waiting for the combine on whether or not i would take jahvid best. i would prefer drafting a receiver in the 3rd round and a corner in the 2nd.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• McCluster in round 3 would provide a game-breaking back in the mould of a Cribbs or Harvin. To the best of my memory, I seem to recall the coaching staff repeatedly mentioning the lack of "explosion" plays that the team generates on offense. McCluster is the type of back who could change that significantly imo.

Having said that and if Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be as big an advocate at that point. I think McCluster represents far better value in round 3 than Best in round 2, especially considering some of the other prospects who will likely be available at #34.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by noondog View Post
                          McCluster in round 3 would provide a game-breaking back in the mould of a Cribbs or Harvin. To the best of my memory, I seem to recall the coaching staff repeatedly mentioning the lack of "explosion" plays that the team generates on offense. McCluster is the type of back who could change that significantly imo.

Having said that and if Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be as big an advocate at that point. I think McCluster represents far better value in round 3 than Best in round 2, especially considering some of the other prospects who will likely be available at #34.
                          I really like Best as a pro prospect. I would be more than happy with him at 34.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                            I really like Best as a pro prospect. I would be more than happy with him at 34.
                            I'd prefer Dwyer at 34 if we go RB there and he's still available.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                              I'd prefer Dwyer at 34 if we go RB there and he's still available.
                              I see Dwyer being a lot like K. Smith. Jahvid Best could be like a Jamaal Charles home run back, even when Smith comes back, they could compliment each other well.

Comment

• i want mark ingram....
                                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information