Post your Lion's mocks here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
    3 players in our seconrdary and no offensive lineman? Lets just put Stafford on IR now :)

I like Cody actually. I like my DT built like doughboys -- they can absorb the run better that way. Kinda like the 2001 Bears when they had Traylor and Washington. That was my kinda DT combo. Still prefer Suh at #2 if available, but now I'm thinking he might be gone.

I'm not holding my breath for FAs; thats assuming a lot of sought after FAs come here for less than they can get elsewhere and that our management is willing to pay. Not likely.

Also can we get a 4th for Peterson?? I dont even know if we could get a 7th for him considering his age and contract. If he is gone, its because we cut him.
    Well it was based off my prediction of us signing a FA LG. Schwartz likes Backus so it doesn't look like he's going anywhere, nor is Raiola. He also likes Peterman so it looks like he will be back. Cherilus had a bad year, but I doubt Schwartz is going to give up on him after one season. He was a 1st round pick after all. Therefore it looks like any O-lineman drafted this year would be a backup anyway. I just think this draft needs to be defense, defense, and more defense.

When people say "what no O-lineman"? I question whether they even really watched the Lions this year...The pass protection for Stafford really was not that bad. There were a couple bad games in there, but for the most part it wasn't to shabby. Both the plays Stafford got injured on were well after the play had broken down and was not the O-lines fault. We need a LG no question, but the rest of the line is good enough for now IMO. Lets fix the worst defense in the NFL, and we'll get back to the O-line next year.
    Last edited by cotts1; 01-13-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
      the lions winning next season or the season after that is about as likely as me making sweet sweet love with Natalie Portman tomorrow.

And trust me, I'm not holding my breath.

Do you think people in Miami thought the Dolphins would go from 5-11 to 11-5? Remember, Matt Millen is no longer associated with this franchise......Mayhew and Schwartz know what they are doing.....The Lions can win 8 games next year with some good FA signings and a good draft.

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
        Do you think people in Miami thought the Dolphins would go from 5-11 to 11-5? Remember, Matt Millen is no longer associated with this franchise......Mayhew and Schwartz know what they are doing.....The Lions can win 8 games next year with some good FA signings and a good draft.
        if the Lions win 8 next year they'll be back in the NFL basement the season after that. Progress is a slow process. Getting rid of Millen was a first step on the road to improvement, it was by no means a magic spell that cures all ails.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Of course it's not, but the NFL is truly a league of parity. Things can change dramatically from one season to another.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas, Levy, Hill, Brown should only get better in their second seasons. Stafford threw some crippling INTs that I have to think he will avoid next season. Plus no Stan Kwan = 8-8

Comment

Our defense will be ranked in the bottom 1/4 of the league again, we are not going 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                Our defense will be ranked in the bottom 1/4 of the league again, we are not going 8-8.
                Not if we draft Berry, Cody, Thompson, and Thurmond and sign Edwards and Jackson!!!! Worst to FIRST!!!!!

Comment

I'll pass on Cody.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                    I'll pass on Cody.
                    Not sure why....all the guy does is make plays....

Comment

Not if we draft Berry, Cody, Thompson, and Thurmond and sign Edwards and Jackson!!!! Worst to FIRST!!!!!
                      you're being sarcastic, right?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

you're being sarcastic, right?
                        No I don't think they will be the #1 defense..... maybe somewhere around 10-15 though if they can stay healthy.

Comment

No I don't think they will be the #1 defense..... maybe somewhere around 10-15 though if they can stay healthy.
                          with a bunch of rookies? In a division that includes the Vikings and the Packers?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

In more draft-related subjects: let's say round three comes around and Dunlap is still available, what do we do?

Yes! Assuming Dunlap got information that he would be a top 20 pick to come out as a junior, maybe dropping to pick #66 would light the fire under is a$$ that would make him play every down and grown up. Maybe.

Actually yes I do cotts. The Dolphins went from 1-15 in 2007 (an anomaly by the way) to 11-5 in 2008, great 1 season turn around. But to proove my point that this is a bad comparison to the Lions chances let me throw this out. Bookend the Fins 2 seasons above with a 2006 of 9-7 under Saban & a 7-9 season this year under Sparano and your point has holes like swiss cheese. Clearly a bad example b/c this team had 1 awful year in the past 4 seasons, were 3 of those years they were in or near the playoffs. Detroit on the other hand, has had 1 decent year (2007 going 7-9) over the past decade! Do I have to list all the awful records?
                            Yes, Millen is gone & I agree that Schwartz/Mayhew may indeed "know what they are doing", but the rotted core of a roster from his 8 years of incompetence is still rampant! We drafted talent this year,yes ... kudos, great start. But should 6 or 7 rookies really start on a respectable professional sports franchise? No way.

I like your enthusiasm however, for winning now. We all want that in this forum, sometimes I think more than the front office!
                            Last edited by SINCE1978; 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Lol yea it was 1-15, dunno why i was thinking 5-11.....anyway, my point is things can change quick. The Phins were an exception not the rule, but with a good draft and FA signings I think we can be a 6-8 win team.

You can't really compare starting rookies in the NFL with the other sports due to the large difference in roster numbers and the number of injuries incurred throughout a NFL season. That said, 7 rookie starters is too many, but we won't have 7 rookies starting for us....maybe 3-4 though.

Comment

Not sure why....all the guy does is make plays....
                                We have a lot bigger needs than a 2 down defensive linemen in the second.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information