Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Lion's mocks here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
    Lol yea it was 1-15, dunno why i was thinking 5-11.....anyway, my point is things can change quick. The Phins were an exception not the rule, but with a good draft and FA signings I think we can be a 6-8 win team.

    You can't really compare starting rookies in the NFL with the other sports due to the large difference in roster numbers and the number of injuries incurred throughout a NFL season. That said, 7 rookie starters is too many, but we won't have 7 rookies starting for us....maybe 3-4 though.
    I suppose in a perfect world that could happen. But to be honest I'd rather build the lions slowly and make them contenders on a more durable level.

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • #32
      I made 3 scenarios based off who are 1st pick is.

      No free agents yet, mainly because we have no idea what is happening with the CBA.

      Scenario A:
      1- N. Suh DT
      2- J. Best RB
      3- T. Lindley CB
      4- M. Johnson LB
      5- B. Deaderick DE

      Scenario B:
      1- E. Berry CB/S
      2- G. Hardy DE
      3- L. Houston DT/DE
      4- S. Render G
      5- J. James RB

      Scenario C:
      1- G. McCoy DT
      2- M. Iupati G
      3- J. Arenas CB
      4- M. Wright S
      5- D. Briscoe WR

      Thats it for now, I wanted to do something a little different and at this point I would be happy with just about any of those scenarios. Also it is my own personal feeling that with any of these scenarios in the first two rounds you are getting one of the top two players at their position in the draft.
      Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD; 01-13-2010, 05:51 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        I'm not going to fall folly to the pipe dream of FA. so here is what I see in the draft.

        1. Suh else Okung - The one thing I've seen out of this FO is that it will take a #1 of the position if available. While yes Berry is the best available at his position I don't hink Ko Simpson is that bad at the SS position or at least not as bad as our starting UT, CBs, or LT. Yes, I did see what the OL Coach and OC said about Backus but I'm not buying it.

        2. Kyle Wilson CB

        3. George Selvie - Big pipe dream for me because I really like Selvie even more so than Brandon Grahm.

        4. Mike Johnson OG Alabama - OGs usually drop like rocks unless they have aspirations of being an OT like in the case with Brandon Albert. Last year Duke Robinson everyone's top OG plumited to the 6th round. Max Jean Gillis dropped far as well when he came out.

        5. Jacoby Ford WR - We need a new return threat and lets hope that Ford fills that gap.

        6. Walter McFadden -I liked what I saw from him in the bowl game I don't even know if he will be here in the 6th
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

        Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post

          Scenario C:
          1- G. McCoy DT
          2- M. Iupati G
          3- J. Arenas CB
          4- M. Wright S
          5- D. Briscoe WR

          Thats it for now, I wanted to do something a little different and at this point I would be happy with just about any of those scenarios. Also it is my own personal feeling that with any of these scenarios in the first two rounds you are getting one of the top two players at their position in the draft.
          I like Scenario C the best. Arenas is a great player and I've heard good things about Briscoe.

          broth your draft has some of my favorite prospects in this draft Kyle Wilson, Mike Johnson, and Jacoby Ford. Wilson and Ford would bring some speed to an overall slow team. I like the risk of Selvie in the third if he makes it there.

          Comment


          • #35
            I'll put my two cents in for whatever it's worth...

            Two players of note that I think Detroit might have a reasonable shot at getting if they pay them enough:

            Aaron Kampman - instant, not to mention huge, upgrade at DE. Hopefully he wants to go back to a 4-3 system with his hand in the dirt every down AND stay in the NFC North.

            Dunta Robinson - Dude needs a change of scenery and Detroit needs to seriously upgrade at CB. He's young enough to grow with the core and can still be a playmaker.

            The draft:

            1. Suh / McCoy - Whoever we walk away with is going to give us some serious presence at the interior of the D-line with SLH. Tremendous upgrade either way at UT.

            2. Donovon Warren - Likely an immediate starter who (hopefully) we can put across from Robinson. Suddenly, our secondary doesn't look too shabby at all.

            3. Johnson / Asamoah - Either one of these guards would be an instant starter and help provide Stafford with added protection as well as help the O-line get a major push in the run game and open up some friggin holes.

            4. Dexter McClester - I seriously doubt that he fall this far, but here's hoping...tremendous change-of-pace back who can catch out of the backfield and is a homerun threat.

            5. Walter Thurmond III - Losing his entire senior year will hurt his stock big time, the question is just how far does he fall. If he can be had here, he would be a great addition to the team and give us some depth at CB.

            5. Myron Rolle - Will he play football or continue growing his brain? If he goes for the former, he will be tremendous value here and look great paired with Delmas.

            6. Me - Because I'm dope and would only take plays off to smoke a cig and post on here. Word.
            [

            Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
              I made 3 scenarios based off who are 1st pick is.

              No free agents yet, mainly because we have no idea what is happening with the CBA.

              Scenario A:
              1- N. Suh DT
              2- J. Best RB
              3- T. Lindley CB
              4- M. Johnson LB
              5- B. Deaderick DE

              Scenario B:
              1- E. Berry CB/S
              2- G. Hardy DE
              3- L. Houston DT/DE
              4- S. Render G
              5- J. James RB

              Scenario C:
              1- G. McCoy DT
              2- M. Iupati G
              3- J. Arenas CB
              4- M. Wright S
              5- D. Briscoe WR

              Thats it for now, I wanted to do something a little different and at this point I would be happy with just about any of those scenarios. Also it is my own personal feeling that with any of these scenarios in the first two rounds you are getting one of the top two players at their position in the draft.
              Of your scenarios C is also my #1 pick ... all are in positions of need & quite possibly all 5 could step right in year 1 & start/contribute. Scenario A would be #2, but I would have selected an interior offensive lineman in place of Micah Johnson ILB in the 4th rd. (Shawn Lauvao G ASU?) Scenario B is #3 b/c I know nothing about RB James from Miami, but that's on me he could be amazing. Good work!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                I like Scenario C the best. Arenas is a great player and I've heard good things about Briscoe.

                broth your draft has some of my favorite prospects in this draft Kyle Wilson, Mike Johnson, and Jacoby Ford. Wilson and Ford would bring some speed to an overall slow team. I like the risk of Selvie in the third if he makes it there.
                Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
                And proud of it!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                  Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
                  pretty much. But you never know ;) stranger things have happened.

                  Sig by Fenikz

                  I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                    You people are sick & twisted ...
                    I'm posting this here b/c it seems to be the thread people are reading right now. So, people read this please ... we are fans of the Detroit Lions! So when it comes to Free Agency & blockbuster trades stop it with this incessant, myopic drivel!!!
                    First off, free agency ... key word here is "free" people. Not free of costs, but free to choose. So put yourself in the cleats of an NFL free agent .. .what would you look for? Winning team that competes for playoff spots? Talent on the roster surrounding you? A stable coaching staff that has been establshed for a number of years? Maybe nice weather or a safe town to raise your family in? Detroit offers none of that & I find it preposterous that many of you feel we can lure top shelf players such as Reggie Bush, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Glen Dorsey, Aaron Kampman or Marlin Jackson here! Really?
                    Agreed.

                    Plus some of these guys could be RFAs not UFAs depending on what happens with the CBA . From what I heard, the RFA number would be pushed from 4 to 6 years if no new agreement is met.
                    Ray Edwards is in his 4th year.
                    Reggie Bush is in his 4th year.
                    Last edited by tblain1; 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
                      I'd say there are more than 32 players that should get a first round grade this year.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                        ... I find it preposterous that many of you feel we can lure top shelf players such as Reggie Bush, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Glen Dorsey, Aaron Kampman or Marlin Jackson here! Really?
                        Detroit curently has very little to offer; with only a handful of playoff appearances this decade, a tendancy to change coaches/coordinaters with the changing of the seasons ... not to mention we tend to be cheap & in a recession based economy Michigan is one of the states with the darkest cloud hovering over it! So stop it that we will be in a position to acquire any of these players next year, or even in 2011...

                        I will not forget Schwartz saying in his first press conference "we have a plan to run the footbal & stop the run, without that you can not be successful in this league".
                        1. Who the hell wants Reggie Bush and Braylon Edwards? Bush is sorely underachieving as a RB and Edwards drops more passes than Roy Williams ever did.

                        2. We changed head coaches every three years with records like ours that would be the league norm.

                        3. We are not cheap we just sign crappy players to big contracts. Ask Backus, Woody, and Redding how cheap we are.

                        4. Schwartz has also said this is becoming a passers league. So it seems like he is talking out both sides of his mouth. Not that it is a bad thing.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                        Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
                          Major Wright is not going in the 2nd round. Remember we pick at the top of each round too, maybe Arenas doesn't make it out of the 2nd, but I don't see Wright being that much of a stretch. He is a 3-5 rounder at this point.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            IMO Arenas, Wright, and Briscoe will all be gone by the end of round 2.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                              IMO Arenas, Wright, and Briscoe will all be gone by the end of round 2.
                              there's always a few who fall, remember Alan Branch?

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                                I'll pass on Cody.
                                I dunno I think it would be really cool to have two guys who command a double team.
                                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                                DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                                Originally posted by njx9
                                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information