Trade Sims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Sims?

Should the Lions trade LB Sims? With the emergence of Levy? While he may have some trade value.

Sig by Bone Krusher

We should take what we can get for him. Yes, trade him.

Comment

Wait until Broduer reads this ... hahaha! (You are new to the site, welcome ... that will make more sense over time!) Sims trade value is as low now as it probably ever has been with the lack of productivity & injuries in 2009. I would like to get a draft pick for him but my guess is they hang on to him.

Comment

I don't see the point whatsoever. As Since1978 said, his value has never been lower. He will provide depth at LB next season and can play on ST. If I'm not mistaken, his contract is up after this season anyhow...if he shows up, re-sign to a depth player type of contract, if not then let him walk.

I don't see us getting anything higher than maybe a fifth for him at this point.
        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Trade him if your sticking with a 4-3 or if Peterson is staying. If your cutting Julian then you have to keep him. My gut says that they are keeping Peterson as they can't afford to get rid of good players at any position for any price. But if they do trade him I think you get a 3rd or 4th at best.

If they move to a 3-4 you'll have to hang onto him.
          http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
            Trade him if your sticking with a 4-3 or if Peterson is staying. If your cutting Julian then you have to keep him. My gut says that they are keeping Peterson as they can't afford to get rid of good players at any position for any price. But if they do trade him I think you get a 3rd or 4th at best.

If they move to a 3-4 you'll have to hang onto him.
            What are you talking about "if they move to a 3-4"???

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
              Wait until Broduer reads this ... hahaha! (You are new to the site, welcome ... that will make more sense over time!) Sims trade value is as low now as it probably ever has been with the lack of productivity & injuries in 2009. I would like to get a draft pick for him but my guess is they hang on to him.
              Thanks for the warm welcome. Any advise you have about the forum?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Neither Ernie Sims nor Jeff Backus are half as bad as Lions fans think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
                  Neither Ernie Sims nor Jeff Backus are half as bad as Lions fans think they are.
                  What makes you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                    Thanks for the warm welcome. Any advise you have about the forum?
                    try to stick to the main few threads because almost all of us read every single post and check the forum daily.

even if a post has 90 pages of stuff in it, chances are that any new post will just be talking about the previous day's posting. feel free to read back as far as you want since we cover a lot of stuff, but most of it is probably outdated now.

DO NOT go into other team's forums and talk trash unless you are going for negative rep.

Try not to get suckered into a pointless debate that wastes 30 posts and 3 pages because someone challenged your football logic. its not worth it.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Because both are solid starters and yet Lions fans constantly talk about how terrible they are. It's doesn't match the reality of either player.

Comment

What exactly does Sim do wrong? And if he was actually on the trade block, Id love the Saints to try at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Madden says otherwise ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                            What exactly does Sim do wrong? And if he was actually on the trade block, Id love the Saints to try at him.
                            He doesn't fit their defense anyone since they scrapped the cover 2 that Rod Marinelli employed. Sims can be a tackling machine but he's not of a playmaker. He battled injuries this year and has fallen out of favor with the new coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                              He doesn't fit their defense anyone since they scrapped the cover 2 that Rod Marinelli employed. Sims can be a tackling machine but he's not of a playmaker. He battled injuries this year and has fallen out of favor with the new coaching staff.
                              Show me a report where he "fell out of favor" with the coaching staff.

Also, simply because he was drafted to play in a Tampa 2 doesn't mean is the only place he fits. The defense Sims play in at FSU is very similar to Schwartz's.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information