No announcement yet.

Trade Sims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I see it is that either Sims or Peterson are expendable if we can get decent value in return for either of them. That said I think most people would prefer to move Sims because Levy has proven that he can play WLB and due to Sims' age he might be able to bring a decent pick in return for us.

Comment

Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
      Show me a report where he "fell out of favor" with the coaching staff.

Also, simply because he was drafted to play in a Tampa 2 doesn't mean is the only place he fits. The defense Sims play in at FSU is very similar to Schwartz's.
      How do you explain all the trade rumors surrounding Sims then? But then again, you think that Sims and Backus aren't as bad and people think so I'm not about to get into a debate about something that the rest of us know the truth about.

Comment

Levy will be our MLB of the future. If he were going to be WLB, then fine trade Sims at all costs. But as long as Levy will be MLB, then Sims can still be useful at weakside. He will finally have another useful player in the LB corps with him and maybe he can stop trying to make every play on his own and just do his job.

God knows, the Lions have enough holes to address without having to make another one. Sims showed improvement toward the end of 09 and I am fine with them going forward with Sims at WLB, Levy at MLB and Peterson at SLB. That is a fine LB corps for my money and they can look at replacing Peterson in the 2010-11 offseason.

Edit: don't get me wrong, if someone wants to give us a 2nd round pick for Sims then yeah do it. But a 3rd rounder or anything of lesser value, no.
        Last edited by Calvin & Kevin; 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
          How do you explain all the trade rumors surrounding Sims then? But then again, you think that Sims and Backus aren't as bad and people think so I'm not about to get into a debate about something that the rest of us know the truth about.
          There is not a single, verifiable trade rumor linking Ernie Sims to anyone. They are all, for the most part media and fan generated.

Comment

i'd gladly take the 3rd rounder. sims is garbage. he's undisciplined and vastly undersized.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

he had 7 missed tackles in limited action and gave up 22 of 24 catches in coverage. and 2008 his stats were even worse. 2007 was his best year and he was still a liability that made a ton of tackles. he's too undersized to play the run. i love the way he hits people but please cut him or trade him. he stinks of millen.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/..._from_gen.html

just found this

No, Peterson still has value in this defense; the trade bait has to be someone else: an undersized, overpaid, underperforming defender with no clear role.

Ernie Sims.

Sims was locked in constant battle with Levy for starting reps and playing time, and has been maddeningly inconsistent throughout his four-year career. He'll flash breathtaking quickness and incredible hitting ability one week, and a total inability to hit the correct hole or tackle well the next. That reckless, undisciplined play is bad enough when it comes from an otherwise excellent defender – but when it comes from Sims, it's inexcusable. All that freelancing has generated only 2.5 sacks, 5 passes defensed, and 1 INT in his entire career.

Think in these terms: what's a need on this team that a rookie can't fill? Positions that need development: wide receiver, cornerback, defensive end. Any rookie drafted to fill any of these needs would probably be 2-3 years away from performing well. Potential trade partners would run an aggressive, blitzing defense, and have an available player at one of those positions.

To borrow a phrase, the strictures and conventions of sportswriting compel me to predict a few possibilities: Philadelphia and Jason Avant. New Orleans and Robert Meacham/Devery Henderson. If the Chargers have had their fill of Shawne Merriman's off-field hijinx, maybe even San Diego and Antonio Cromartie.
              as much as mlive sucks, any of those deals would be a steal.
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I never understood why all discussion in this Lions forum is essentially confined to 2 threads. Why even have this whole forum, such a waste. Scotts given us a whole forum so we can have as many threads as there are lions topics to discuss. If we were sharing it, I can see 1 or 2 threads. It'd be way easier to read if we explored the space, although I don't come here and read or post much anyway (alot to do with those factors).

Comment

lol go to the team boards page and check out how many new threads lions fans have compared to everyone else. 878 threads is ridiculous and most of the time we all just end up having to post the exact same argument 7 times because each thread devolves into the same people talking about the same things. its just easier to keep it to as few as possible. new threads are good for drawing everybody's attention to some life altering, funny, or news worthy thing that doesn't involve the draft/general discussion or roster moves.
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    try to stick to the main few threads because almost all of us read every single post and check the forum daily.

even if a post has 90 pages of stuff in it, chances are that any new post will just be talking about the previous day's posting. feel free to read back as far as you want since we cover a lot of stuff, but most of it is probably outdated now.

DO NOT go into other team's forums and talk trash unless you are going for negative rep.

Try not to get suckered into a pointless debate that wastes 30 posts and 3 pages because someone challenged your football logic. its not worth it.
                    Thanks this is really so useful, im grateful for the advise. I m an Eagle fan, but currently live in Detroit, and do cheer for the Lions. Although Eagles are my top team. What are the rep points for?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                      Thanks this is really so useful, im grateful for the advise. I m an Eagle fan, but currently live in Detroit, and do cheer for the Lions. Although Eagles are my top team. What are the rep points for?
                      People give rep to posts that they like or feel are informative. The more rep you receive the more you can give out. You can also give negative rep to posts/users you don't agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                        (off topic) is McNabb coming to the NFC North if Favre retires?

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                          http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/..._from_gen.html

just found this

as much as mlive sucks, any of those deals would be a steal.
                          If we could do trade w/ the Super Chargers ... Sims for Cromartie that would really rock.

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          (off topic) is McNabb coming to the NFC North if Favre retires? I hear he likes purple! (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                            What exactly does Sim do wrong? And if he was actually on the trade block, Id love the Saints to try at him.
                            What would you give up for him??? Any of those WRs??? :D

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                            (off topic) is McNabb coming to the NFC North if Favre retires?
                            Highly possible. I heard John Clayton talking about it today on ESPN. Not to worried though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              What would you give up for him??? Any of those WRs??? :D
                              I was thinking a pick haha... But to be honest Id do Henderson for him. Meachem has proving to be a solid #2 soon and resigning Moore would leave him open for a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                                I was thinking a pick haha... But to be honest Id do Henderson for him. Meachem has proving to be a solid #2 soon and resigning Moore would leave him open for a trade.
                                Deal. You do Henderson, and we'll give Ernie Sims to the Saints.

Fair trade, right guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information