Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Campbell or Kyle Wilson... 34th pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
    True story, look up Adam Poldesh's workout numbers. Evener their Punters are beastly
    Erin Henderson wasn't all that hot tho

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
      I'd agree, but right now I'm more convinced that Mayhew and Schwartz would take someone they know from their Senior Bowl experience. I'm pretty sure they will.
      Just because they were at the Snr. Bowl doesn't mean they will automatically favor one of the seniors. I think with all the JR talent coming out this year that would be very short sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
        Just because they were at the Snr. Bowl doesn't mean they will automatically favor one of the seniors. I think with all the JR talent coming out this year that would be very short sighted.
        http://www.freep.com/article/2010020...2010342/?imw=Y
        I think that with all the juniors coming out, there's definitely a better class of juniors than we've had in the past," general manager Martin Mayhew said at the Senior Bowl. "In the past, you look at that junior list, and about every third name you get excited about. Well, this year, it was about every fifth or sixth name I wasn't excited about.

"There was a very high-quality group of juniors that came out. I think that's going to make it a deeper draft."

Comment

What about a guy like Donovan Warren? Player who they could have kept an eye on at Michigan.
          Is he a reach at 34?

Comment

I would imagine it's an advantage to better know certain prospects. Sure if there's an amazing junior available, we'll have to go that way. But if it comes down to a good junior and a good senior, the fact that they know that senior from the Senior bowl can certainly influence the decision.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
              What about a guy like Donovan Warren? Player who they could have kept an eye on at Michigan.
              Is he a reach at 34?
              In my not-so-expert opinion, I'd say too early. I even think it could be early for Wilson at #34. Yes, he is rising, but wasn't his original projection 3rd round? Also it looks like there is a good group of CB/Ss this year. I wouldn't mind waiting until 3-4th round to pick one up unless someone like Earl Thomas slipped to the 2nd round.

EDIT: Nevermind...looks like a lot of recent mocks have Wilson going late 1st. Maybe the guy has jumped significantly.
              Last edited by tblain1; 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I'd take Bruce Campbell. Maryland players always beast. No exceptions.. Don't even bother looking it up. Terps dominate life.
                You know it's funny about the school thing ... I sense you are being very tongue & cheek about Maryland, but I had a verbal joist with someone pre senior bowl about Kyle Wilson being from Boise St!! Really, in all their domination the past 5 years, name a solid skill player from Boise in the league? Clady & Colledge are linemen but not too many skill players coming out to the NFL ranks from that program. Just something to consider, it does not 100% turn me off from Wilson, just say'n ...

Comment

In my not-so-expert opinion, I'd say too early. I even think it could be early for Wilson at #34. Yes, he is rising, but wasn't his original projection 3rd round? Also it looks like there is a good group of CB/Ss this year. I wouldn't mind waiting until 3-4th round to pick one up unless someone like Earl Thomas slipped to the 2nd round.

EDIT: Nevermind...looks like a lot of recent mocks have Wilson going late 1st. Maybe the guy has jumped significantly.
                  I think the reason Kyle Wilson was down on some draft boards was because he didn't play against elite competition. He put a lot of those doubts to rest at the senior bowl. I think he's a legit late 1st rounder. At this point I would jump on Wilson at 34, especially with the state of our secondary....I like Perrish Cox to. Cox and Wilson are neck and neck for who will be the 2nd corner off the board. Hopefully we'll get a shot at one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                    You know it's funny about the school thing ... I sense you are being very tongue & cheek about Maryland, but I had a verbal joist with someone pre senior bowl about Kyle Wilson being from Boise St!! Really, in all their domination the past 5 years, name a solid skill player from Boise in the league? Clady & Colledge are linemen but not too many skill players coming out to the NFL ranks from that program. Just something to consider, it does not 100% turn me off from Wilson, just say'n ...
                    Jared Zabranksy wants a word with you!

Boise St. never is ranked very highly on the recruiting lists so I wouldn't expect them to have a lot of pros. They go for a certain type of player for what they do and it works for them. They are starting to sprinkle some top end talent into the pros though. (p.s.watch out for Titus Young)

Comment

Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
                      Is he a reach at 34?
                      I actually think Warren could have the most potential out of any corner in this years draft. If he runs in the 4.4's I would be very happy to take him at 34. Don't forget he had 3 different D-coordinators in his 3 years there and he still excelled. That is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                        I think the reason Kyle Wilson was down on some draft boards was because he didn't play against elite competition. He put a lot of those doubts to rest at the senior bowl. I think he's a legit late 1st rounder. At this point I would jump on Wilson at 34, especially with the state of our secondary....I like Perrish Cox to. Cox and Wilson are neck and neck for who will be the 2nd corner off the board. Hopefully we'll get a shot at one of them.
                        Don't forget about Patrick Robinson. He still has a very legit shot at being the second corner taken off the board too. Even Warren to an extent, albeit he is the darkhorse of the group and would need a very impressive combine.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yea, I mean there is still a lot of time left for guys to move up and down the boards, but from what I've read, Robinson struggled during senior bowl drills. He probably hurt his stock while Wilson and Cox improved theirs. We'll know more after the combine I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                            Yea, I mean there is still a lot of time left for guys to move up and down the boards, but from what I've read, Robinson struggled during senior bowl drills. He probably hurt his stock while Wilson and Cox improved theirs. We'll know more after the combine I guess.
                            I really don't like Robinson as a prospect. He isn't a strong tackler and overrated at this point. I would rather have Warren, Cox, Wilson, and even the guy from Wake before him.

Comment

Yeah, he should go in the first, looks like maybe the Eagles @ 24.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                                Yeah, he should go in the first, looks like maybe the Eagles @ 24.
                                Yeah we'll see. A lot may depend on his combine numbers too. Kyle Wilson has today's hype, but will he get tomorrow's hype? Lots of good CBs lumped in the same range so someone could separate at the combine. But I do like that he has performed on the field; I'd rather value that over how high he jumps in front of a board of pegs or a 40 time in spandex.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information