Oakland University basketball discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
    Nice Blog and at least we know your real name......Dan.
    Corey and Nick always refer to me only as Dan.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

joe lunardi's current bracketology has them going against georgetown. most smaller schools lack bigs. can they stop greg monroe? can they reign 3s to beat better teams?
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
        joe lunardi's current bracketology has them going against georgetown. most smaller schools lack bigs. can they stop greg monroe? can they reign 3s to beat better teams?
        OU has big men. Keith Benson is an NBA caliber player. He was being projected as a first round pick by some reputable draft sites (don't laugh, its true). He's 6-11. We've also got Will Hudson at 6-9 and a 7-foot Serbian off the bench just in case.

Oakland has the right combination to be an upset team: Veteran, 4-year starting point guard in Johnathon Jones (led the NATION in APG last year), a legit big man (Benson), and great depth. Also a veteran coach in Greg Kampe who has been there for 26 years.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

i was just checking them out on espn.com. nice shooters, benson is ridiculously productive, and yeah a nice matchup against anybody. they have an absolutely amazing nonconference schedule. memphis, kansas, syracuse, michigan st, and wisconsin. i'd still like to have seen them win one of those games before i write them in over a 3 type seed. i want to see them destroy ipfw though. i had a friend who used to play for them.
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

i was just checking them out on espn.com. nice shooters, benson is ridiculously productive, and yeah a nice matchup against anybody. they have an absolutely amazing nonconference schedule. memphis, kansas, syracuse, michigan st, and wisconsin. i'd still like to have seen them win one of those games before i write them in over a 3 type seed. i want to see them destroy ipfw though. i had a friend who used to play for them.
            They've come a long way since they played all those big games vs. top opponents. I'm not saying they'll pull an upset if they make the tourney, but they're one of the more likely 12-16 seeds to do it, IMO.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

In case any of you are interested, Oakland University's game is on FSN Detroit at 6 pm tonight. They're playing North Dakota State and when (not if) they win, they'll clinch the outright regular season championship for the Summit League.

Watch #34 Keith Benson and #23 Johnathon Jones. These guys are amazing.

Mario Impemba calls the game for FSN.

Extra incentive to watch: you'll be able to see me sitting at the scorers/media table. I know so many of you are dying to see the man, myth, legend that is Xio.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

jones looks pretty efficient and benson looks like hasheem thabeet.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/keith-benson

incase people were wondering about him.
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

If any of you care, I wrote this in-depth player feature on Johnathon Jones earlier this month:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzlies_den/index.html

If he were a few inches taller and had more bulk, he'd probably have the talent to sniff the NBA.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Am I the only OU follower/fan/student on the forums
                    I drove by OU yesterday, does that count?

I watched the 1st half of their game against ND State the other day, but they didnt play very well. I saw they came back to win pretty big though.

Comment

Keith Benson went off tonight for a career-high 32 points to go with 10 rebounds and four blocks.

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...pfw_feb27.html

Oakland finished 17-1 in conference and will be the No. 1 seed in next weekends conference tournament.

Read my story! Please . . .
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...d_preview.html

I have no shame.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

As expected, Keith Benson wins Summit League POTY:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...onors_men.html
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Did anyone watch the Summit League Tournament on ESPN2 last night?

I was there covering the tournament all week. Here's my story from last night:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...mpionship.html
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

did you watch 1st and 10 yesterday. skip bayless said oakland was going to get rolled by 40 lol.
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

did you watch 1st and 10 yesterday. skip bayless said oakland was going to get rolled by 40 lol.
                                That's ignorant. We played Kansas earlier in the year and only lost by 30, haha.

We surely won't do worse than way back then when we had a lot of issues to straighten out.

They should be an upset special pick for a lot of people.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information