Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we should take CJ at #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think we should take CJ at #2

    Doesn't look like we're going to sign Curtis or Mccdonald(who?). And CJ is the greatest WR prospect ever. Why pass on what could be the best player the NFL has ever seen(or so is hyped up to be)

  • #2
    becasue we're trying to build a team and as of right now adding another great WR doesnt help build the team as much as other positions

    Comment


    • #3
      If Detroit fails to bring in Curtis, McDonald, or another capable WR (who else is there?) then they really need to consider CJ. I know we all want a trade down, but in the event that we get stuck at 2 (it could very well happen), would you rather have CJ or Thomas? The bigger need is arguably at WR now that we've got Foster and no Curtis.

      I don't want Detroit taking Adams at 2. All is fine and dandy if we get him at 5, but at #2, we need to get the top talent out there, and considering our need at WR, CJ is that guy.

      But let me make this clear . . . I am not saying CJ is my #1 choice for Detroit, but IF we cannot trade down, I think we have to seriously consider it (unless we get a good WR beforehand).
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • #4
        i like CJ a lot and its intriguing i just dont see how he helps the team as much as thomas or a DE. I wouldnt be mad with the pick but i dont see it happening at all

        Comment


        • #5
          Everyone knows how I feel about drafting CJ at #2.

          If there's a weakness on the team, it definately isn't the passing offense. Yes, CJ is a great prospect and will probably be a great player, but, at this point, we need to start filling our biggest needs.

          We could walk away with Adams, Thomas or Willis in this draft... three players that can dominate three different positions (two of them that we can trade down and STILL draft).

          Marinelli knew the task he had ahead of him when he became our coach, and definately wants to win as soon as possible. What gives us the greatest chance to win... adding a stud WR or greatly improving our defense? I think the answer is defense.
          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

          Comment


          • #6
            Millen doesn't have the balls to take CJ.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Millen doesn't have the balls to take CJ.
              Millen wants to keep his job... I don't think any GM with his history would let himself draft CJ.

              Your sig is a good example.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                Millen wants to keep his job... I don't think any GM with his history would let himself draft CJ.

                Your sig is a good example.
                "with his history?"

                Yeah. He messed up with Mike Williams.

                But he also drafted C-Rog, who was a great prospect and many said the Lions' draft was worth an A JUST FOR DRAFTING HIM. The fact C-Rog was a lazy, big mouthed, no good pro is a knock on Rogers, not on Millen.

                And he also got us Roy Williams, who I think is a great guy.

                So his 'history' ain't all that bad. And I don't think anyone would really be upset or surprised or angry if he drafted CJ. The kid's gonna be a superstar probably from day 1.

                Sig by Fenikz

                I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  "with his history?"

                  Yeah. He messed up with Mike Williams.

                  But he also drafted C-Rog, who was a great prospect and many said the Lions' draft was worth an A JUST FOR DRAFTING HIM. The fact C-Rog was a lazy, big mouthed, no good pro is a knock on Rogers, not on Millen.

                  And he also got us Roy Williams, who I think is a great guy.

                  So his 'history' ain't all that bad. And I don't think anyone would really be upset or surprised or angry if he drafted CJ. The kid's gonna be a superstar probably from day 1.
                  Yeah this is where I have a problem with people basing our draft on past drafts . . . yeah, Rogers and M. Williams failed, but it doesn't make WR any less of a possibility. CJ is not anything like those two players. He is the safest WR prospect in years.

                  When Millen took Rogers, most people agreed that he was the best WR that year and had the highest upside, while at the same time, people recognized the fact that Andrew Johnson (taken third) was the safer pick. Millen did as most GM's would . . .
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Yeah this is where I have a problem with people basing our draft on past drafts . . . yeah, Rogers and M. Williams failed, but it doesn't make WR any less of a possibility. CJ is not anything like those two players. He is the safest WR prospect in years.

                    When Millen took Rogers, most people agreed that he was the best WR that year and had the highest upside, while at the same time, people recognized the fact that Andrew Johnson (taken third) was the safer pick. Millen did as most GM's would . . .
                    sure. Upside usually beats 'safe' in the draft. Same thing with Young/Leinart/Cutler last year, Young got picked first although he was not really the best QB of the bunch, that was Leinart, but his athletic upside still got him to #3, while Leinart fell to #10, although arm strenght issues did drop Leinart more than he deserved.

                    Sig by Fenikz

                    I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Millen is getting a bit gun-shy now . . . Ernie Sims last year was a very safe pick . . . he could have gotten a Quarterback, but instead chose the safe pick. It didn't turn out bad, but I'd have liked to see what Martz could do with Leinart.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You've gotta understand, though... I never said those picks were bad. Even the MWilliams pick... he was still supposed to be a dominant player. But, the players he drafted happened to be lazy/undisciplined or get caught using drugs.... which doesn't help the team OR the team's image.

                        I think thats what it comes down to... image. The Lions are the "laughing stock" of the NFL right now... and drafting a WR in the first round for three consecutive years is the reason. With the success the passing offense had last year, it would be hard for him to argue that he needs another one (especially when Marinelli WANTS a defensive player).

                        The team can do without one. I know CJ is the safest WR pick out of the 4, but he wont be the pick for the Lions.
                        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                          You've gotta understand, though... I never said those picks were bad. Even the MWilliams pick... he was still supposed to be a dominant player. But, the players he drafted happened to be lazy/undisciplined or get caught using drugs.... which doesn't help the team OR the team's image.

                          I think thats what it comes down to... image. The Lions are the "laughing stock" of the NFL right now... and drafting a WR in the first round for three consecutive years is the reason. With the success the passing offense had last year, it would be hard for him to argue that he needs another one (especially when Marinelli WANTS a defensive player).

                          The team can do without one. I know CJ is the safest WR pick out of the 4, but he wont be the pick for the Lions.
                          Is this the reason? Or is it that they haven't won more than 6 games since Millen took over in 2001 . . . Millen is the reason we are a laughing stock.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                            You've gotta understand, though... I never said those picks were bad. Even the MWilliams pick... he was still supposed to be a dominant player. But, the players he drafted happened to be lazy/undisciplined or get caught using drugs.... which doesn't help the team OR the team's image.

                            I think thats what it comes down to... image. The Lions are the "laughing stock" of the NFL right now... and drafting a WR in the first round for three consecutive years is the reason. With the success the passing offense had last year, it would be hard for him to argue that he needs another one (especially when Marinelli WANTS a defensive player).

                            The team can do without one. I know CJ is the safest WR pick out of the 4, but he wont be the pick for the Lions.
                            Eh... the Lions are one of the laughing stocks. I mean the bengals are the kings of getting arrested, Oakland destroys anything with talent, Cleveland can't seem to stay healthy, Arizona is cursed and you could go on forever.

                            CJ is going to be great, and even though he might not fill a huge need, the situation is very comparable to Reggie Bush last year. He's a great, great prospect, who should get consideration from ANY team.
                            And quite frankly, I wouldn't mind CJ in Lions Blue.

                            Sig by Fenikz

                            I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              Is this the reason? Or is it that they haven't won more than 6 games since Millen took over in 2001 . . . Millen is the reason we are a laughing stock.
                              Is the fact that we haven't won more than 6 games ALL Millen's fault? If it isn't the draft picks, why is it all his fault? What did HE do? It wasn't the coaches... or the players... it was him?
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information