No announcement yet.

Lions Combine Thoughts-"Oh My Gosh Freak-out Prediction Thread"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd be ok with using our second on Best, Matthews, or Tate. I'd rather sign a FA RB and draft Blount in the 3rd or 4th.

Comment

suh puts up 32 reps
      mccoy 26
      graham 31
      everson griffen 32
      price 34
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Everson Griffen with pick #34 ... I'm just say'n! (ha)

Some of these backs will slip to rounds 3 & 4(possibly Dwyer or Blount or Hardesty or McCluster) I feel Detroit wants to move in the Chris Johnson trend (speedster who gets to the edge) rather than the Adrien Peterson trend (workhorse who runs you over)

Suh, Griffen then ... Dexter McCluster in Rd 3 baby!

Comment

Matthews looked amazing. I want him. I will settle for McCluster. That is all.
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Holy blue twinkies ... Taylor Mays just posted a 4.24 (unofficial) 40 yard dash at the Combine! At 230 lbs that is just wrong. Wow. I would love some of that is run support next year.

If Bradford's stock keeps rising as the #1 QB and say St. Louis stumbles & takes a DT, we will have some calls for a trade back to get the #1 QB I figure ... Just a fun scenario here, thinking Pete Carrol is going to want his guy running the show in Seattle ... they need to leap frog Washington so they are willing to give up pick #6 & #14 for our #2 spot to get Sam Bradford. with the deeeep DT class (likely getting a Odrick, Price @ #34) we could rope in a draft class that looked like Taylor Mays #6, CJ Spiller #14 & Jared Odrick #34.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
              Holy blue twinkies ... Taylor Mays just posted a 4.24 (unofficial) 40 yard dash at the Combine! At 230 lbs that is just wrong. Wow. I would love some of that is run support next year.

If Bradford's stock keeps rising as the #1 QB and say St. Louis stumbles & takes a DT, we will have some calls for a trade back to get the #1 QB I figure ... Just a fun scenario here, thinking Pete Carrol is going to want his guy running the show in Seattle ... they need to leap frog Washington so they are willing to give up pick #6 & #14 for our #2 spot to get Sam Bradford. with the deeeep DT class (likely getting a Odrick, Price @ #34) we could rope in a draft class that looked like Taylor Mays #6, CJ Spiller #14 & Jared Odrick #34.
              Idk man, Taylor Mays at 6? He isn't that good and there would be far better options than a RB at 14. I would be disappointed if that is how our draft played out.

Comment

I still don't see why someone would want to trade up to #2 for a QB when Tampa, who picks one spot behind us, doesn't need a QB at all. Trading to #3 rather than #2 would cost the team less, and save them millions of dollars too. And they'd still be ahead of Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  I still don't see why someone would want to trade up to #2 for a QB when Tampa, who picks one spot behind us, doesn't need a QB at all. Trading to #3 rather than #2 would cost the team less, and save them millions of dollars too. And they'd still be ahead of Washington.
                  I don't think anyone truly believes we will trade out of the 2nd spot....I sure don't....

Comment

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
                    I don't think anyone truly believes we will trade out of the 2nd spot....I sure don't....
                    100% agreed. We have a shot at one of the two best players, who are basically tied. This staff is about getting difference makers, I think it would be a real stretch to get them off this pick.

I could see it getting done, but for more than 2 2010 1st round picks. So that being said, I don't see us moving.

I actually think that our 2nd round pick could be the perfect place to trade down off of if some talent we are targeting isn't there. There are plenty of 2nd/3rd round corners that would provide great value if one with a first round grade doesn't drop.
                    Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD; 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

McCourty has been VERY impressive imo. I'm starting to like him a lot.
                      [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                        100% agreed. We have a shot at one of the two best players, who are basically tied. This staff is about getting difference makers, I think it would be a real stretch to get them off this pick.

I could see it getting done, but for more than 2 2010 1st round picks. So that being said, I don't see us moving.

I actually think that our 2nd round pick could be the perfect place to trade down off of if some talent we are targeting isn't there. There are plenty of 2nd/3rd round corners that would provide great value if one with a first round grade doesn't drop.
                        This is what I'm really starting to think...especially considering that most of the guys we would be interested in look like they are gonna be gone, like Graham, Iupati, Wilson, almost any OT, etc.

The value that will be available in mid 2nd through mid 3rd should be great and Mayhew has to figure out how to add picks in this range.

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
                          McCourty has been VERY impressive imo. I'm starting to like him a lot.
                          I agree, seems very fluid. Plus our Coaches should have a great idea of the type of player he is due to coaching him in the Senior Bowl.

Comment

McCourty or Wilson with pick #34 would be awesome.

Comment

My this will not happen dream FA + draft

FA

Daunta Robinson
                              trade 5th & RB Morris for cro

1. Suh or Okung I have crossed McCoy off my board @2 after combine.
                              2. Weatherspoon, Mathews, DT, DE, BPA
                              3. Selvie, Johnson, B. Tate, Gerhardt
                              4. OG
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                                My this will not happen dream FA + draft

FA

Daunta Robinson
                                trade 5th & RB Morris for cro

1. Suh or Okung I have crossed McCoy off my board @2 after combine.
                                2. Weatherspoon, Mathews, DT, DE, BPA
                                3. Selvie, Johnson, B. Tate, Gerhardt
                                4. OG
                                I think we may get Cro for just a 5th. Doesn't seem like teams are trying to beat our offer and we seem reluctant to give up Morris. You are that down on McCoy??? Weatherspoon is a beast. I also really like Daryl Washington out of TCU. This is a very good RB class and we should be able to get a good one if we wait until the third.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information