No announcement yet.

Lions Combine Thoughts-"Oh My Gosh Freak-out Prediction Thread"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldn't argue with okung over mccoy. if we're rebuilding then it doesn't matter if we have a jeff backus. bpa approach doesn't consider a mediocre soon to be 33 year old tackle as a sticking point to not taking a top valued player.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      I think we may get Cro for just a 5th. Doesn't seem like teams are trying to beat our offer and we seem reluctant to give up Morris.
      fair enough

You are that down on McCoy???
      A few things I saw yeterday soured me on McCoy.

1. 23 reps. Kyle Wilson had more. No DT who is suppose to go top 5 should get less reps thn a cb.

2. 40yd dash - didn' do bad but didn't beat Suh.

3. the 3 Cone drill (and ths is the big one) - bombed first attempt the coach said something McCoy said "I refuse" I'm trying to find it to make sure I'm not crazy. But if I'm not that screams char issues.

This with Okung blowing it up makes me not want McCoy.

Weatherspoon is a beast. I also really like Daryl Washington out of TCU. This is a very good RB class and we should be able to get a good one if we wait until the third.
      Spoon is all that is man. Asfor RB I think Mathews and tate are the best in the class
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I think I'd be ok with using our second on Best, Matthews, or Tate. I'd rather sign a FA RB and draft Blount in the 3rd or 4th.
        Matthews please and thank you!

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

at broth223:

McCoy is as high character a guy as there is. He said "i refuse" to himself (to make himself do better), not to the coach.
          save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
            at broth223:

McCoy is as high character a guy as there is. He said "i refuse" to himself (to make himself do better), not to the coach.
            Any proof of this?
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
              Any proof of this?
              I didn't catch it, but I would also agree McCoy has probably the best character in this draft outside of Tebow, nothing about him is even close to being bad character at all. I would have to go back to look for that blurb, but I highly doubt it was in the context you thought it was, just because McCoy isn't that type of player at all.

I found some interesting things about McCoy after the combine also:

According to CBS' Charley Casserly, the consensus at the Combine was that Gerald McCoy is a slightly better prospect than Ndamukong Suh.
              Suh had more college production in a read-and-react scheme and easily had a better Combine, but NFL evaluators apparently still think McCoy offers more upside. "It's a little more McCoy 1A and Suh 1B," said Casserly. "I ask two questions: Who's the better athlete and who's the better pass rusher? McCoy comes up more often than not as the yes guy there."
              Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

According to FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo would select Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy if the draft was today.
              Spags apparently feels strongly enough about McCoy that the rest of the front office would go along the pick. Fans of Sam Bradford in the organization will have to wait for his pro day in late March to build momentum. If Bradford is able to allay doubts about his shoulder, we still believe the Rams will end up going quarterback at No. 1. Mar. 2 - 6:46 pm et
              Source: FoxSports.com

I guess it depends on who you ask, but some teams are very very high on McCoy after the combine, so I really don't think he's played himself out of the #2 spot.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I didn't catch it, but I would also agree McCoy has probably the best character in this draft outside of Tebow, nothing about him is even close to being bad character at all. I would have to go back to look for that blurb, but I highly doubt it was in the context you thought it was, just because McCoy isn't that type of player at all.

I found some interesting things about McCoy after the combine also:

I guess it depends on who you ask, but some teams are very very high on McCoy after the combine, so I really don't think he's played himself out of the #2 spot.
                He might have kept himself at #1 even, if Spags really likes him. Good news for the Lions, having to take Suh :P.

If they trade down I'll throw a tempter tantrum

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information