Lions to trade for Cromartie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
    From a talent perspective I would be PO'd in San Diego if my team dumped LT & Sproles then turn around & trades Cromartie (arguably there #1 CB) for an injured & average RB in Kevin Smith. Think about that for a minute, ridiculously lopsided ...
    This. I wouldn't say they are rebuilding because they still have the important part of there offense with Rivers Jackson Gates..etc BUT they dump a first round draft pick in cro who is inconsistent and isn't physical enough for Kevin Smith who lives on the IR. Didn't think they would dump Sproles after LT got dumped but I guess they want a whole new backfield.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      this is where we learn that we just traded our 3rd rounder and that okung will be our 1st pick. followed up by promoting ernie sims to lifetime captain and that we're drafting tim tebow in the 2nd.
      no baby would be left alive in a 30 mile radius of my house if that transpired.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        no baby would be left alive in a 30 mile radius of my house if that transpired.
        with the 34th selection the lions select...Rob Gronkowski.

Mayhew, "hey, he was BPA."
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

lol well drafting tebow would solve many different needs. he can be a linebacker, tailback, fullback, wide receiver, safety, backup quarterback, reverend, etc. and yeah i'd probably be done with lions football.
          Don't forget that he would also protect us from Chuck Norris!

Comment

The MLive article, not this one from the NFL, mentioned a compensation of a Lions 5th round pick since San Diego might cut him outright ... just looking to get something for him. Wow, if that is even close to true.
            I would definately trade a 5th for Cro, maybe both of them, but unfortunately if it was MLive that said it there is a chance that they are wrong.

Comment

It would either be a 4th or 5th. No significant roster players. Solid pick-up if it happened, but no one will lose any sleep if it didn't.
              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

i like it and really hope it happens. Instant starter, sure his run defense leaves a lot to be desired but he can definitely cover. With chicago going much more pass heavy now and green bay as well a cb with his abilities will help. Hopefully cuningham and schwartz can get him to be more physical but he has shown what he's capable of doing in the past so why not give him a shot

Comment

The MLive article, not this one from the NFL, mentioned a compensation of a Lions 5th round pick since San Diego might cut him outright ... just looking to get something for him. Wow, if that is even close to true.
                  For a 5th rounder I would do it, but if he is upset in San Deigo, what is he going to be in Detroit?

Comment

Cro fo Sho.

He can cover. We still need to get a pass rush for him but he can cover and has ball skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Can't tackle but beggars cant' be choosers. 5th round pick, hell yes.

Funny San Diego still has Jammer and Cason. Damn them hoarding corner backs.

Comment

suh without playing 2 gaps, and purely blitzing would definitely help him. same with mccoy. we're slowly solving the defensive puzzle.
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

2 big "if's" but both are being rumored around the net ... DE Vanden Bosch acquired by Detroit & CB Cromartie traded for with a mid round pick. Combine these 2 moves with the #2 overall pick being an impact DT (99% positive they go that route) this would instanlty add 3 solid starters to the D, likely a 4th starter in rd 2-4 at either S or DE. That would be sick! Again, big if's but hope is alive here ... Mayhew you can do it ;o)

Comment

2 big "if's" but both are being rumored around the net ... DE Vanden Bosch acquired by Detroit & CB Cromartie traded for with a mid round pick. Combine these 2 moves with the #2 overall pick being an impact DT (99% positive they go that route) this would instanlty add 3 solid starters to the D, likely a 4th starter in rd 2-4 at either S or DE. That would be sick! Again, big if's but hope is alive here ... Mayhew you can do it ;o)
                          hate to burst your bubble but Cro at this point cannot be seen as a solid starter.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

atleast he has better hands than any of our receivers

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/l...hp?blogid=2036

But the Chargers' asking price for Cromartie may include running back Maurice Morris, in addition to a fourth or fifth-round draft pick, a league source said.
                            gotta love those anonymous league sources.

if we move morris (30 years old), then should we sign a mcgahee type to team with best from the draft? or if we take a ben tate, the who should the vet rb be?
                            Last edited by Prowler; 03-01-2010, 03:12 PM. Reason: link and morris
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              hate to burst your bubble but Cro at this point cannot be seen as a solid starter.
                              No bubble bursted here ... just one man's opinion versus another.
                              Sure San Diego has the luxury of dumping this guy they have DB stars like Weddle, Cason & Jammer! Detroit no luxury there ;o) He is certainly a grade above Will James, Eric King & Philip Buchanon wouldn't you at least agree to that? Plus it is said to be in exchange for a 5th rounder plus maybe a back-up player... come on, would we get a CB of his caliber in the 5th this draft? If it were a 2nd or 3rd rounder I might flinch at the deal.

atleast he has better hands than any of our receivers

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/l...hp?blogid=2036

gotta love those anonymous league sources.

if we move morris (30 years old), then should we sign a mcgahee type to team with best from the draft? or if we take a ben tate, the who should the vet rb be?
                              Why do we need a vet RB if we trade Morris & go the rookie route? It's not a league blue print. It helps but our run game was awful the past 1/2 decade anyway ... young or old. Rookie Best (or Tate as you say) would be fine with Aaron Brown & Dede Dorsey spelling them until K. Smith is back healthy imo. But if this is a "requirement" just our luck that there will be a herd of vet RB's available in a few days! Add to the list Mike Bell NO, Thomas Jone NY Jets & possibly Chester Taylor Minnesota! all could be had if we need a vet to go along with the rookie.

Comment

lol i completely forgot about dorsey. for a minute i thought we literally only had k smith, morris, and brown.
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information