Lions to trade for Cromartie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
    Heard he wants 8 million a year. Rolle is more of a FS. We already have Delams. So unless Delmas moves to SS or Rolle moves to corner where he struggled, no thanks.
    Is that legit? He's only the #2 safety on THAT team the #1 imo (Adrian Wilson) makes 4.7 million according to an SI.com salary list (2008). Let me have some fun with this ... Bob Sanders (8.7 mil) Troy Polamalu (6.8 mil) & Ed Reed (3.4 mil). Kid better shrink his ego, he is not worth 8 mil a year in this company. No way!

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
    I personally think Delmas is more suited to be a SS, so I like this idea.

Ha ... well played woodnick. Plus I have heard multiple fellas in here claim Schwartz does not call them "free" or "strong" it's simply 1 or 2 safety or left or right safety. But if Rolle wants 8 million a season he can go fly his platinum coated kite somewhere else! ;o) I'll take a shot on drafting a Darrell Stuckey or Nate Allen in rd 3 & be good with it.

Can someone confirm that Rolle wanting 8 million a year thing?

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
      Is that legit? He's only the #2 safety on THAT team the #1 imo (Adrian Wilson) makes 4.7 million according to an SI.com salary list (2008). Let me have some fun with this ... Bob Sanders (8.7 mil) Troy Polamalu (6.8 mil) & Ed Reed (3.4 mil). Kid better shrink his ego, he is not worth 8 mil a year in this company. No way!

Ha ... well played woodnick. Plus I have heard multiple fellas is here claim Schwartz does not call them "free" or "strong" it's simply 1 or 2 safety or left or right safety. But if Rolle wants 8 million a season he can go fly his platinum coated kite somewhere else! ;o) I'll take a fly on a Darrell Stuckey or Nate Allen in rd 3 & be good with it.

Can someone confirm that Rolle wanting 8 million a year thing?

I can not confirm that Rolle wants $8 mill/yr., but I agree with you that it is absurd to ask for that as a Safety if you are not named Reed, Polamalu, or Sanders.

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=168747&spln=1

Heres the link to the rumor that Rolle wants that much. Adiran Wilson got a big deal in 2009 from Arizona, Rolle wants at least that.

Comment

there is no such thing as strong and free safeties in schwartz/cunningham's scheme. they are equal and are identified as left and right. he's looking for safeties who can run and hit equally.

and i'd say tackling and positioning should be just as important to him. i'm looking at myron rolle as a great fit. hopefully he slides down the board a couple rounds and we get the steal.
          Last edited by Prowler; 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
            there is no such thing as strong and free safeties in schwartz/cunningham's scheme. they are equal and are identified as left and right. he's looking for safeties who can run and hit equally.

and i'd say tackling and positioning should be just as important to him. i'm looking at myron rolle as a great fit. hopefully he slides down the board a couple rounds and we get the steal.
            Very true Delmas was up in the box some last year too. So theoretically we could have Rolle and Delmas assuming Rolle is a decent tackler(former CB????) too if they plan on using him in the box at all. But if 8 million per year rumor is true, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post

Yeah Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar) is intriguing ... is he done with the school commitment at Oxford? Not sure I like the idea (like in hockey & baseball) of taking a kid then waiting a year, regardless of talent.

Comment

unfortunately for everybody i think antrel rolle will sign with the giants very soon.

its a bit sketchy on the legalities of taking the rhodes and his obligations but judging from his interviews i'm pretty sure rolle's schedule is completely devoted to football for the present. it seems as if his scholarship just allowed him to finish his schooling at oxford instead of florida state. (essentially studying abroad for his senior year) after his career in the league is over or when he's 30-34 years old he'd go to medical school and then become a neurosurgeon.

two semi recent articles about myron rolle.
                the burden of being myron rolle
                http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...218/myronrolle

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...ldnt-hold-back
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Cromartie to the Jets for 2011 3rd that could be a 2nd per Glazer twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    Cromartie to the Jets for 2011 3rd that could be a 2nd per Glazer twitter
                    Glad we passed then. Definitely not worth that imo.
                    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information