• Show
Clear All

• Lions to trade for Cromartie?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Discuss!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

I just read an article about this on pft. What do we give up? Kevin Smith? Avril? 3rd rounder? I dunno about this move...

Comment

I can't imagine the Lions would give up anything like that for him. K. Smith maybe, possibly a fourth round pick?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

i would imagine it would have to be morris since he isn't injured right now. i know smith opted not to have shoulder surgery, so maybe they feel alright about his knee and feel we can pick up a quality free agent plus definitely go with a rb in 2nd round. atleast i'm hoping that's the case. please say we aren't trading any picks.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I think it would just be a pick

Comment

Yeah, he's had his issues, but he's still 3X better than any CB on our team. Even when he plays like *****, his ***** is still better than our *****.

Get Him.

Comment

this is where we learn that we just traded our 3rd rounder and that okung will be our 1st pick. followed up by promoting ernie sims to lifetime captain and that we're drafting tim tebow in the 2nd.
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                this is where we learn that we just traded our 3rd rounder and that okung will be our 1st pick. followed up by promoting ernie sims to lifetime captain and that we're drafting tim tebow in the 2nd.
                I think you would be the first person I'd kill if that happened.

Comment

lol well drafting tebow would solve many different needs. he can be a linebacker, tailback, fullback, wide receiver, safety, backup quarterback, reverend, etc. and yeah i'd probably be done with lions football.
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Say we trade Kevin Smith, where does that leave us at the RB position? Maurice Morris and Aaron Brown? I wasn't counting on Kevin Smith next year anyways, but that'd be ugly.

Comment

i'd have to get a new lions jersey if we trade smith. however it does make sense to move the injured guy since we can't play with an injured running back. even though i do appreciate everything he's done, cromartie is an athletic ballhawk. i don't care if he gives up a few touchdowns, they were probably going to score anyway. at least we know he'll snag a few interceptions for us like a bigger dre bly.
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

From a talent perspective I would be PO'd in San Diego if my team dumped LT & Sproles then turn around & trades Cromartie (arguably there #1 CB) for an injured & average RB in Kevin Smith. Think about that for a minute, ridiculously lopsided ...

Comment

cro fell out of favor over there. something about not being physical enough, shying away from contact, and free styling i think. but all i can remember is him picking off that pass from manning in front of reggie wayne.
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

The MLive article, not this one from the NFL, mentioned a compensation of a Lions 5th round pick since San Diego might cut him outright ... just looking to get something for him. Wow, if that is even close to true.

Comment

thank god, we actually have 2 of those anyway.
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information