No announcement yet.

Pac Man and Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unofficially, official folks .... Adam Jones will be joining the Lions shortly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-next-week/

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
      It's unofficially, official folks .... Adam Jones will be joining the Lions shortly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-next-week/
      <sigh> I just hope he's still worth anything on the field and is less of a headache off of it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

If Jones has anything left, don't you think he will give it here?? This is his last chance to showcase he has NFL skills.

The question now will be if this signing (combined with Houston & Ward)alters a draft selection of one of these talented CB's we have tossed around in rd 2 & rd 3??

Comment

it should open the door for best in the 2nd and/or that oregon TE in the 3rd round.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I could not tell if that was sarcastic or not Prowler??? ;o)
            Best is a solid 2nd round pick, no doubt.

ANY TE in rd 3 would be an epic fail! Only, of course, if he can play LG too & rush the QB while he is at it b/c we need those positions too!

Comment

If Pacman's camp leaked an agreement was reached I could see us nixing the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                If Pacman's camp leaked an agreement was reached I could see us nixing the whole thing.
                it would just give us an excuse to lower the money like we did to the falcons

I could not tell if that was sarcastic or not Prowler??? ;o)
                Best is a solid 2nd round pick, no doubt.

ANY TE in rd 3 would be an epic fail! Only, of course, if he can play LG too & rush the QB while he is at it b/c we need those positions too!
                people said that about round 1 last year. unfortunately i wasn't. i just remembered that his name was mentioned as one our many prospects who visited with the lions. if we are truly interested in him, then it would have to be in the 3rd round range. hopefully pettigrew's knee is fine, but maybe linehan is looking at some two TE sets and needs big bodies to go over the middle. Dickson is basically just a big receiver like Gates/Clark/Winslow. He'd provide Stafford with plenty of security since he should almost always be open. i would rather draft a top safety, but i'll trust mayhew.

Ed Dickson TE Oregon
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...Ed-Dickson.php
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Give this guy a vet minimum, and even if he screws up, there wont be any heart felt damage. Worst case, if he spends more time at Joy Rd, thsn at Allen Park, you cut him. Ahhh the things he could do at the MurdaMc...

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...pected_to.html

It's Mlive ... It's Kowalski ... but .... according to sources close to the situation, the Lions have no plans to sign Jones in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Such a cliche that Pacman goes to the Bengals. So many things that make sense about that, in a bad way ... hindsite, I'm glad he is not in Detroit. (I'll admit my child-like short sightedness at first wanting him on our team!)

Comment

Such a cliche that Pacman goes to the Bengals. So many things that make sense about that, in a bad way ... hindsite, I'm glad he is not in Detroit. (I'll admit my child-like short sightedness at first wanting him on our team!)
                        Still...given our current CB situation I wouldn't have minded us taking a chance on him. But it definitely could be for the best given the guy's past.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information