Rob Sims traded to Detroit per Adam Schefter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    okung is still in play, just its more even now between him and suh.

Suh is the pick. Backus is Detroit's T, Schwartz loves his skills. Unless ....... he can be RT & we get rid of Cherilus?? There might be a team willing to trade for ol' Gos right? (Buffalo)

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
    Killer seems to think that he is still a strong possibility. While he is a luxury pick [Suh may be a luxury pick to a certain degree], hes gonna be needed more down the road.

But then again... check out Pride of Detroit's statistical look at our roster. LINK Backus was better then 84% [!!!!] of the league's OT [based on their criteria]. That's pretty good. Whereas our DTs STUNK. Something to chew on...
    Welcome back wingboy ... ;o) Yeah, Backus is not as awful on the field as Detroit sports talk radio makes him out to be. People assume if the Oline is weak or bad it's the highest profile guy's fault ... our G's have been awful for sooo long, this crew of coaches/GM get that & are fixing things. YES!

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
      Welcome back wingboy ... ;o) Yeah, Backus is not as awful on the field as Detroit sports talk radio makes him out to be. People assume if the Oline is weak or bad it's the highest profile guy's fault ... our G's have been awful for sooo long, this crew of coaches/GM get that & are fixing things. YES!
      Yeah, if you look at the link, our LG was the worst in the league.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

man-ram wouldn't have made it in pee-wee football last year.

adding two impact trench guys in williams and kvb, and now 1 more at the top of the draft will make for one heck of a good offseason.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          man-ram wouldn't have made it in pee-wee football last year.

adding two impact trench guys in williams and kvb, and now 1 more at the top of the draft will make for one heck of a good offseason.
          With Rob Sims, really 3 impact trench guys ... then the draft.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...football-town/

"This is a football town," Sims said Tuesday, per John Niyo of the Detroit News. "Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit. I mean, that's football. Football and cars. This is more of what I'm accustomed to. Out there [in Seattle] the stars are Bill Gates and Paul Allen and the people that run Boeing. This here is what being in the NFL is supposed to be about, [standing] up here at the mic talking to reporters and stuff. In Seattle, it's not like that. It's drinking coffee, sittin' down and chit-chatting. This is a change, but it's a change that I've been looking forward to."

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

"This is a football town," Sims said Tuesday, per John Niyo of the Detroit News. "Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit. I mean, that's football. Football and cars. This is more of what I'm accustomed to. Out there [in Seattle] the stars are Bill Gates and Paul Allen and the people that run Boeing. This here is what being in the NFL is supposed to be about, [standing] up here at the mic talking to reporters and stuff. In Seattle, it's not like that. It's drinking coffee, sittin' down and chit-chatting. This is a change, but it's a change that I've been looking forward to."
              He's the man. "Football and cars".

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

BUT ... he is a Buckeye? ;o)

Comment

that just means we don't have to feel guilty about lowballing his contract extension.
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    Suprised more people aren't talking about this. A few teams wanted Sims. Lions are slowly improving, and not many people are seeing it.

Seahawks didn't get rapped, they are just in rebuilding mode and trying to pile up on draft picks.
                    Correct. They dont think Sims fits the new ZBS system they're putting in. As for Seahawks fans being upset with Sims he didnt really help out in the run game as far as i could see.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

That really hurts my feelings that all we do is sit around drinking Espresso and talk football.

Maybe if the team had won a few more games it would feel more like Pittsburgh. All i can say to Sims is your going to freakin Detroit dont get your hopes up too high.

Comment

he came here for the 'future'

mekhi=future

and the 'cheddar'

cheddar bob
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information