Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Sims traded to Detroit per Adam Schefter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rob Sims traded to Detroit per Adam Schefter

    http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/11649776030

    Waiting on the terms.

    Does this mean Okung is out?


    Sweet Living

    I remember 9/24/08

  • #2
    5th rounder according to Killer.

    Story


    Sweet Living

    I remember 9/24/08

    Comment


    • #3
      good move since OG was a need and there wasnt gonna be a OG in the 5th as good as Sims. Atleast none you can count on.

      Comment


      • #4
        According to Schefter we got a 7th for DE Robert Henderson too.


        Sweet Living

        I remember 9/24/08

        Comment


        • #5
          I really like this move. Tomorrow Hargrove for a 4th?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
            According to Schefter we got a 7th for DE Robert Henderson too.
            I didn't even know we had the guy. This is a very good move. A 7th round pick for a an unknown guy who never played a down for the Lions. I like it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Geason Noceur View Post
              I didn't even know we had the guy. This is a very good move. A 7th round pick for a an unknown guy who never played a down for the Lions. I like it.
              A 2nd year guy from Southern Mississippi who apparently never played a down in the NFL. 6'3" 278 lbs according to ESPN.com. It also shows we signed him on Jan. 5th so we just signed him like...4 months ago as a practice squad player (I'm assuming) and turned that into a 7th round pick? So its like a free 7th round pick.

              Who is this Mayhew guy? What did he do to my typical Lions futility? I don't want to overstate a 7th round pick but he seems to be doing a lot of little things right so far. Hopefully they add up.

              EDIT: Ok, so he was a 2008 6th rounder for NYG. Was on our team beginning of last year but injured his knee in preseason (early August; maybe first game) and went on Injured Reserve. I don't remember him though.
              Last edited by tblain1; 04-05-2010, 02:46 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                I really like this move. Tomorrow Hargrove for a 4th?
                It doesn't sound like we're getting Hargrove now, but if we did it would look like Eric Berry at #2. Which would be nice.

                Like the move though, love getting a 7th back like we did with the Corey Williams deal. Mayhew must have some late round talent that he's been scoping out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  3 starters for two 5ths and 6th with Corey Williams,Houston and Sims. We should do this every year even if not all of these "starters" work out. Its a good low risk attempt. Plus a decent backup QB for a future 7th. And we get 7th rounders in return. Sounds good to me. Good new strategy when you lack talent everywhere. Williams and Sims just didn't fit the scheme but fit our scheme. Houston kind of a disappointment but still some potential and wouldn't be paid with Dunta coming into Atlanta. That plus KVB and Burleson couldn't be happier. And we still have a draft to go in a great draft year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    3 starters for two 5ths and 6th with Corey Williams,Houston and Sims. We should do this every year even if not all of these "starters" work out. Its a good low risk attempt. Plus a decent backup QB for a future 7th. And we get 7th rounders in return. Sounds good to me. Good new strategy when you lack talent everywhere. Williams and Sims just didn't fit the scheme but fit our scheme. Houston kind of a disappointment but still some potential and wouldn't be paid with Dunta coming into Atlanta. That plus KVB and Burleson couldn't be happier. And we still have a draft to go in a great draft year.
                    Fantastic summary fella ... I agree, solid strategy. Mayhew is proving to be quite an active & effective GM in a short period of time.

                    Suh is looking more & more like our #2 pick with the Skins not needing to trade up, so we stay put & get a CB, RB, S in 2,3,4 ... love it! (McCourty/Allen/Blount or Best/Cox/Asante) TASTY!!
                    Last edited by SINCE1978; 04-05-2010, 09:58 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just came to say LOL at all the bitter seahawk fans who say Sims is not good. According to stats hes the 8th best guard in the NFL last year and the 4th best LG. I think they're just really upset they got raped by the Detroit Lions. Sorry Seahawks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Suprised more people aren't talking about this. A few teams wanted Sims. Lions are slowly improving, and not many people are seeing it.

                        Seahawks didn't get rapped, they are just in rebuilding mode and trying to pile up on draft picks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          Suprised more people aren't talking about this. A few teams wanted Sims. Lions are slowly improving, and not many people are seeing it.

                          Seahawks didn't get rapped, they are just in rebuilding mode and trying to pile up on draft picks.
                          I'm pretty sure it was more he just didn't fit in their scheme so they had no use for him...


                          Sweet Living

                          I remember 9/24/08

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            okung is still in play, just its more even now between him and suh.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

                            Prowler's Newb Guide

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              okung is still in play, just its more even now between him and suh.
                              Killer seems to think that he is still a strong possibility. While he is a luxury pick [Suh may be a luxury pick to a certain degree], hes gonna be needed more down the road.

                              But then again... check out Pride of Detroit's statistical look at our roster. LINK Backus was better then 84% [!!!!] of the league's OT [based on their criteria]. That's pretty good. Whereas our DTs STUNK. Something to chew on...


                              Sweet Living

                              I remember 9/24/08

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information