According to 97.1 Lions might be interested in Haynesworth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to 97.1 Lions might be interested in Haynesworth

He doesnt fit Washingtons 3-4 and apparently wants a trade. Coaching staff wants him out, enter Lions. We dont know what Washington wants for him but imagine if we got him for cheap, maybe a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. And we still draft Suh, our defensive line would look like this:

Vanden Bosch, Suh, Haynesworth, Williams, Avril, Hill

that is beastly

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
    He doesnt fit Washingtons 3-4 and apparently wants a trade. Coaching staff wants him out, enter Lions. We dont know what Washington wants for him but imagine if we got him for cheap, maybe a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. And we still draft Suh, our defensive line would look like this:

Vanden Bosch, Suh, Haynesworth, Williams, Avril, Hill

that is beastly
    If the Lions traded for Haynesworth, I would think they would begin strongly considering going in another direction at #2. Possibly swapping picks with the Redskins as part of (but not all of) the trade and drafting someone like Eric Berry.

But then again, given that the Lions are drafting #2 and have Suh and McCoy to choose from, I'm guessing this is just radio hearsay.

Comment

The Lions shouldn't draft Suh anyways, so why would they draft him if they traded for Haynesworth?

Their number one priority has to be protecting Matt Stafford. Trading for Haynesworth would be great because it would allow them to draft Okung (or whichever OT they like the most) without getting criticized for passing on a supposedly one in a decade prospect.

Originally posted by SolidGold
      Bortlezzzzzzz
      Originally posted by Monomach
      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
        The Lions shouldn't draft Suh anyways, so why would they draft him if they traded for Haynesworth?

Their number one priority has to be protecting Matt Stafford. Trading for Haynesworth would be great because it would allow them to draft Okung (or whichever OT they like the most) without getting criticized for passing on a supposedly one in a decade prospect.
        Because after all of this time, the Detroit Lions still haven't figured out that Jeff Backus sucks.

Comment

i'm willing to give up on haynesworth. i don't think that he'd be good for our chemistry. i'd almost pray for an injury just so that there would be enough playing time to go around for everybody.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

That deal makes a ton of sense for the Lions.
            Corey Williams and Haynesworth will be able to play well in Jim Schwartz's scheme. The Lions got Williams at a very good price, because he couldn't play in a 3-4, but he was a pro bowler with the Packers. Haynesworth will make things easier for Williams and Vanden Bosch.
            Trading for Haynesworth would also save the Lions money. If they draft Suh at #2, they would be paying their defensive line close to $100 million, depending on Suh's gigantic contract at 2. Haynesworth only has $16.2 million left on a 3 year deal. That contract was front loaded.
            They need Okung a lot more, because now they have to go against Julius Peppers, Jared Allen and Clay Matthews 6 times. Last year, I said that the only way that the Lions can screw up with Stafford is if they get him killed, which is exactly what happened last year. If they manage to trade a second rounder, or two, for Haynesworth and draft Okung, that would be a better decision, IMO.
            Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

http://detnews.com/article/20100407/...py-Haynesworth

is the source of the "trade talks" on 97.1 today.

Comment

seeing that contract info definitely makes me more interested than what i was. $16 M over 3 years isn't bad at all. 6 years/$65M/$36M guaranteed is probably what we'll end up shelling out for the #2 pick. it would probably take a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year to get it done though.
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

problem is mayhew wants to build this team thru the draft not continuosly pick up veterans. we have already done a lot of that and albert could be one to many

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post

bla bla. Never settle for an ugly chick if you have shot at a hot one.

I want Suh. Okung is too unremarkable a top OT for me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

i agree with addict. We just got a very good LG and hopefully with the interior of our line finally solid our tackles can play to the degree that they are suppose to be capable of.

If you wanta protect Stafford build a defense so we dont fall behind early every game, which allows pass rushers to pin the ears back go go for QB rather than worrying about a run.

Comment

Ehh.. I'll pass. Let's just go with Suh and hold on to the other picks.

Comment

my problem with haynesworth is that he's telling the coaching staff what to do.
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I would personally rather just take Suh because of his youth and he will probably have more desire to play well than Haynesworth does.
                            "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                              I would personally rather just take Suh because of his youth and he will probably have more desire to play well than Haynesworth does.
                              I don't mind trading for Haynesworth, but it's no reason not to take Suh or McCoy.

Okung is not an elite prospect at OT guys, I hate to keep mentioning this. We're better off drafting Suh/Saffold (just throwing a name out) than go Okung and some bum. Okung is the top guy in the OT class, but he's no Jake Long or Joe Thomas. He's not a spectacular prospect.

And yes, we need elite players in the worst way, especially on our D-line.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information