Jared Veldheer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Veldheer

how about taking this guy in the 2nd round. It looks like he needs a year or 2 before he starts which is perfect because Backus will almost be a free agent by the time Veldheers ready.

I'd rather pass. The Lions aren't in a position to take project players. If we do draft an offensive tackle, I want it to be someone could contribute soon, just in case Backus reverts to his old ways

Comment

I'd prefer Saffold there, if we're taking OL in the second.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

2nd is pretty high ... especially pick #34. He has "upside" but not sure he is an NFL caliber LT. Not highly recruited out of HS, grew a ton in college, not certain on him & pick #34 needs to be a certainty imho ... a player that starts in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
          2nd is pretty high ... especially pick #34. He has "upside" but not sure he is an NFL caliber LT. Not highly recruited out of HS, grew a ton in college, not certain on him & pick #34 needs to be a certainty imho ... a player that starts in 2010.
          his arms are too short. He's a guard.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

bruce campbell would be the only tackle that i would feel comfortable taking there. i'm pretty sure that we can write in a RB in that spot though. maybe a corner.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              bruce campbell would be the only tackle that i would feel comfortable taking there. i'm pretty sure that we can write in a RB in that spot though. maybe a corner.
              second round picks are always tough to project because we have so many needs we can essentially go BPA and fill a hole.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

If we are going to take an OT this season who we expect to start in one or two years it has to be at #2 or trade down. There isn't really a non major project outside of the top 10.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

CB or RB or whatever really good player drops to #34. If we go any other way.. thats just dumb.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
                    how about taking this guy in the 2nd round. It looks like he needs a year or 2 before he starts which is perfect because Backus will almost be a free agent by the time Veldheers ready.
                    I look at Veldheer and read all the hype because of his size, etc and two words come to mind: Herman Johnson. I don't see Veldheer going before the fourth at the earliest, but more likely the fifth like Herman. Depth lineman, that's it.
                    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                      CB or RB or whatever really good player drops to #34. If we go any other way.. thats just dumb.
                      Dumb isn't the word I'd use if we were to draft a potential LT of the future. Less than ideal, maybe. I'd still like a DT/LT draft in the first two rounds. Running backs are dime a dozen in the draft.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        Dumb isn't the word I'd use if we were to draft a potential LT of the future. Less than ideal, maybe. I'd still like a DT/LT draft in the first two rounds. Running backs are dime a dozen in the draft.
                        Yes thats true. And I guess, at worst, we could just turn the potential LT into a OG. But I think we are hurting too much at CB to pass it up.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information