Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your reactions...With the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your reactions...With the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select..

Russel Okung..OT...Oklahoma State

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._lions_co.html

me: ****!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
    Russel Okung..OT...Oklahoma State

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._lions_co.html

me: ****!!!!!!!!!!
    It would be that feeling where your shoulders drop, you exhale in disappointment and shake your head a bit as you realize our defense could have been awesome. But then I would pick myself up thinking at least our line gets a lot better and our offense should improve; just not as much as our defense would have had we picked Suh.

Comment

First thought ... wrong guy. That article plays the "what if" game. Kowalski is a self admitted neurotic & a pessimist, so for him to worry or write about a possible DT bust or safer pick being LT is no surprise.

"What if" Suh is the next great defensive player in this league & revolutionizes the position? What if we pass b/c we play it safe & Tampa Bay trips into gettitng the stud we wanted but were too scared to take for $$ reasons? What about that Killer?

Not much sets apart Okung from Willaims ... from Davis ... from Bulaga ... from Campbell etc. imo.

Comment

My first reaction is.... Killer needs to stop this video crap. Write the damn article so I can read it. I'm not watching a video at work.

This is what I want to happen in order.

1. Suh
        2. McCoy
        3. Trade down
        4. Okung

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I would be alright with it, although he wouldn't be my first choice. As long as it's one of Suh, McCoy, Okung...in that order...I'll be pleased regardless.

The pick that I'll really be holding my breath for is the second rounder...it will be very interesting to see who goes off the board and more importantly who is left and which direction the Lions decide to go with it.
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Okay, I realize that Suh is arguably the best prospect in the draft but.......... would you guys really hate it that much if the Lions finally replaced Jeff Backus?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Okay, I realize that Suh is arguably the best prospect in the draft but.......... would you guys really hate it that much if the Lions finally replaced Jeff Backus?
              YES. The relative upgrade that a rookie LT would be over backus doesn't compare tot he relative upgrade of a Suh or McCoy to our defensive line.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                YES. The relative upgrade that a rookie LT would be over backus doesn't compare tot he relative upgrade of a Suh or McCoy to our defensive line.
                What he said.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Yeah, thats basically what it comes down to. With all the changes that have happened in the offseason, this is still true.

Comment

Me: WOO! really no LT is ever an "Elite" prospect. Brick wasn't listed as Elite, hell even Joe Thomas was listed as Elite. I love Russell Okung as a prospect. He has no holes in his game. He doesn't have any injury issues. He makes two positions better right away by moving Backus to RT and putting yet another Millen 1st round pick in a backup role adding depth to the OT position. While Suh could be a once in a decade prospect but at this point I think it is 5-10% hype.
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                      Me: WOO! really no LT is ever an "Elite" prospect. Brick wasn't listed as Elite, hell even Joe Thomas was listed as Elite. I love Russell Okung as a prospect. He has no holes in his game. He doesn't have any injury issues. He makes two positions better right away by moving Backus to RT and putting yet another Millen 1st round pick in a backup role adding depth to the OT position. While Suh could be a once in a decade prospect but at this point I think it is 5-10% hype.
                      So 90-95% is reality of him being once in a decade? Yeah... I'll take that.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                        Uhh.. both Brick and Joe Thomas were listed as Elite at the time. Don't know where you got that from.

And how does a Rookie LT and a 10 year vet LT playing RT for the first time make two positions instantly better..?

Comment

Repeat ... as a former lineman, don't listen to average Joe sports talk radio jockey about the ease of switching positions on the Oline. If they have not done it, they are guessing & trust me, it's difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.

It drives me nuts when people blindly say drafting a LT moving Backus inside fills 2 holes on your line. Wrong answer, that is sooo off base! That is essentially like putting 2 rookies in your starting line up. Does that make Stafford better? I say no way, it does not give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

I moved from C to RT. It took me a few seasons to really get it ...
                          Last edited by SINCE1978; 04-13-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                            Uhh.. both Brick and Joe Thomas were listed as Elite at the time. Don't know where you got that from.

And how does a Rookie LT and a 10 year vet LT playing RT for the first time make two positions instantly better..?
                            I'm gonna go with magic.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'm gonna go with magic.
                              Well, maybe if Marinelli was coaching us again..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information