Tony Scheffler a Lion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Scheffler a Lion ...

Adam_Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler, Broncos get undisclosed draft pick ...

(my apologies about no link yet)

Thoughts?

Sounds like a 5th rounder went to Denver.

Scheffler is a Chelsea/WMU kid coming home. Hopefully he catches more than 30 balls ... Holy crap, what is up with the TE love by this organization. I wonder if BP's knee is shot?? I wonder why not a RB or CB for Ernie?

Brodeur is EXTATIC ... Ernie lover! Ha!

We target an OLB in the draft now boys. Weatherspoon/Kindle/Hughes @ #34 baby!!!!
    Last edited by SINCE1978; 04-19-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I've been a fan of Scheffler since he entered the league. I bet we sign Keith Bullock to play WLB.

Comment

this trade doesnt make sense to me

Comment

This does seem like one of those combo/follow up deals ... unfinished until they fill the OLB spot. Maybe "pain train" Follet is penciled in? (doubtful) ;o)

My concern is getting rid of a starter on a bad defense means just another hole to fill. Maybe it's Follett ... but also, I like Jerry Hughes or Weatherspoon @ #34 & or Donald Butler in rd 4.

Comment

looks like detriot also gets a 7th rounder

Comment

Follett can easily replace Ernie's production (so could anything with the ability to walk but that's not the point) and Tony is a solid pass catching tight end, so it works for me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I thought Julian Peterson was the one being shopped ... looks like he stays put now! They would not consider dumping Foote, Sims & Peterson in 1 off season, from the worst D in the NFL .. .would they?

Comment

He is not great but solid nice move for Det.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                    this trade doesnt make sense to me
                    Me either.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                      Sounds like a 5th rounder went to Denver.
                      that fifth rounder is the Eagles', not ours. We just sent away Ernie to play in Philly. We get a seventh + scheffler for Ernie. WINNNN

Please be ok Pettigrew!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

This trade makes me concerned about Pettigrew... and now we have 4 7ths. Meaning we may draft Bill Stull.

Yughk.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ct-with-lions/

Tony Scheffler is pumped about joining the Lions, but he had to tell coach Jim Schwartz he would not seek a new contract before Detroit agreed to acquire him.

The Lions didn't want a holdout, and Scheffler was happy to oblige.

Scheffler grew up an hour from Detroit and told Mike Klis of the Denver Post he wants to "Restore the roar!"

"I was just talking to my brother about that," Scheffler said. "It's going to be surreal walking into that locker room and putting on those clothes for the first time."

Comment

Hey all just joined been looking at this site and forums for years now, and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm a closet Lions fan, but I have to say I like the move/moves they have been making this off season.

The trade makes sense if you think about it, Scott Linehan uses a lot of 2 TE sets, and our number #2 TE just retired (Casey Fitzsimons), which really lead to this deal. Will Heller is more of a blocker with soft hands.

Ernie Sims really hasn't lived up to his potential, but you also have to remember the Millen+Marinelli really reached on him because Marinelli loved him in his "Tampa Two" system, and envisioned him as the Derrick Brooks. Since the Schwartz took over he looked lost out there by going in the wrong gaps, and was taking piggy back rides 5-15 yards down the field before he could actually take a guy down

Comment

Originally posted by nmb1114 View Post
                              Hey all just joined been looking at this site and forums for years now, and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm a closet Lions fan, but I have to say I like the move/moves they have been making this off season.

The trade makes sense if you think about it, Scott Linehan uses a lot of 2 TE sets, and our number #2 TE just retired (Casey Fitzsimons), which really lead to this deal. Will Heller is more of a blocker with soft hands.

Ernie Sims really hasn't lived up to his potential, but you also have to remember the Millen+Marinelli really reached on him because Marinelli loved him in his "Tampa Two" system, and envisioned him as the Derrick Brooks. Since the Schwartz took over he looked lost out there by going in the wrong gaps, and was taking piggy back rides 5-15 yards down the field before he could actually take a guy down
                              Good points ... welcome out of the closet!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information