Tony Scheffler a Lion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
    A little random, but at least we'll have a tight end who can catch the ball on
    Madden now. I don't know about you guys, but I had problems with Pettigrew dropping a ton of balls.... and he's slower than crap.
    lol that's just you I think. Pettigrew & CJ saved my ass the fist few years. HE went over 70 catches and 800 yds 12 td's first three seasons until I had a very strong receiver draft and got me a few A potential 80+ ovr rookies with glue hands in rounds 3-6.

But regardless: pretty good TE in Madden, mr. Pettigrew.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I've been thinking about how we should have done this three way trade to get Rob Sims and keep our 5th round pick.

Seattle gets
      5th - PHI

Detroit gets
      Rob Sims, LG
      7th rounder - PHI

Philadelphia gets
      Ernie Sims, LB

5th round pick or one year of Scheffler??

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        I've been thinking about how we should have done this three way trade to get Rob Sims and keep our 5th round pick.

Seattle gets
        5th - PHI

Detroit gets
        Rob Sims, LG
        7th rounder - PHI

Philadelphia gets
        Ernie Sims, LB

5th round pick or one year of Scheffler??
        I'd take Scheffler. I'm not sure about the rules of Comp picks but I assume if he leaves, he'll sign somewhere else and be a starter and get quite a bit of work.. which would result in us getting better than a 5th rounder compensatory pick.

Comment

idk how i feel about this. still very confusing to me.

Dizon at the Will?

Warren, Spikes, Zoltan in the 7th?

whats with mayhews fascination with 7th round picks

Comment

An outstanding trade by Detroit. Good to see fellow Lions fans who give profootballfocus.com a looksie. Ernie was flat out awful last year - and I believe his 2008 season might have been the worst in recent history by anyone who plays the linebacker the position. Some Lions fans may still be mesmerized by his draft status and physique, but the Lions will ultimately get better by plugging anybody into the WLB spot now.

Scheffler is an ideal #2 TE who will give Detroit an even more potent version of the Wiggins/Kleinsasser combo Linehan deployed in Minnesota. Getting anybody to watch Sims' film and decide to trade us an asset for him is full of win, in my opinion.

Comment

Agree with those who mention Linehan likes his two TE sets. Fitzsimmons retiring meant the Lions were probably going to look at a TE lower down in the draft anyway so why not pick up a guy who improves depth and is good insurance for Pettigrew for very little cost. Losing Sims is also addition by subtraction and he wasn't going to be re-signed in 2011.

Pettigrew and Scheffler are also two different types of TE anyway so I wouldn't read too much into Pettigrew's health. Scheffler can also be used in the slot in a Dallas Clark type role and gives Stafford another weapon. La Canfora even reported today that BP is recovering "very well".

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                idk how i feel about this. still very confusing to me.

Dizon at the Will?

Warren, Spikes, Zoltan in the 7th?

whats with mayhews fascination with 7th round picks
                steals and dey looks epiczzz on madden?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Huss View Post
                  An outstanding trade by Detroit. Good to see fellow Lions fans who give profootballfocus.com a looksie. Ernie was flat out awful last year - and I believe his 2008 season might have been the worst in recent history by anyone who plays the linebacker the position. Some Lions fans may still be mesmerized by his draft status and physique, but the Lions will ultimately get better by plugging anybody into the WLB spot now.

Scheffler is an ideal #2 TE who will give Detroit an even more potent version of the Wiggins/Kleinsasser combo Linehan deployed in Minnesota. Getting anybody to watch Sims' film and decide to trade us an asset for him is full of win, in my opinion.
                  Welcome, 3 posts ... your cherry has been popped! Hate to bust you up so early on but listen to that statement ... "an ideal #2 TE" really? Even if Sims was a bad fit, or overpursued lanes, or had durability issues or ... (fill in the blank, the guy was hated on this board!) he was Detroit's defensive captain, a top 15 overall pick, still young & a starting OLB! He is going to start in Philly! Traded for a #2 TE?? I like Scheffler, he's from my neck of the woods, was a tremndous talent even back in the day ... but we are putting a ton of faith into a 7th round pick Follett to fil lthat void. or Dizon who is NOT a starting NFL OLB imho. Plus, if we go OLB with pick #34 or #66 it leaves RB or CB or ... (whatever needed position) out of the equation. Just say'n ... It's a bit of a head scratcher, unless the other shoe drops & Schwarz wrangles in Keith Bullocks to sign a 1 year deal.

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                  Agree with those who mention Linehan likes his two TE sets. Fitzsimmons retiring meant the Lions were probably going to look at a TE lower down in the draft anyway so why not pick up a guy who improves depth and is good insurance for Pettigrew for very little cost. Losing Sims is also addition by subtraction and he wasn't going to be re-signed in 2011.

Pettigrew and Scheffler are also two different types of TE anyway so I wouldn't read too much into Pettigrew's health. Scheffler can also be used in the slot in a Dallas Clark type role and gives Stafford another weapon. La Canfora even reported today that BP is recovering "very well".
                  Good points fella. BP will be back & really needs to produce year 2 ... more than just block real good. ;o)
                  Last edited by SINCE1978; 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

http://freep.com/article/20100420/SPORTS18/4200325/

matt millen defending his boy.

"It's not so much (Detroit) giving up on him. They weren't going to re-sign him," Millen said. "He's at end of his contract, the last year of his deal. The style of defense he was drafted for they're not running in Detroit.

"Ernie Sims, he's got exceptional skill. Nobody is going to outrun him. He had problems with hitting so hard, he knocked himself out a bunch of times. Three short years ago, people were talking about Ernie Sims being a Pro Bowler. Then he got beat up, and they changed defenses. But that's the same Ernie Sims drafted just a few years ago. I think Andy Reid did an outstanding job of getting himself an outstanding football player."
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                      http://freep.com/article/20100420/SPORTS18/4200325/

matt millen defending his boy.

"It's not so much (Detroit) giving up on him. They weren't going to re-sign him," Millen said. "He's at end of his contract, the last year of his deal. The style of defense he was drafted for they're not running in Detroit.

"Ernie Sims, he's got exceptional skill. Nobody is going to outrun him. He had problems with hitting so hard, he knocked himself out a bunch of times. Three short years ago, people were talking about Ernie Sims being a Pro Bowler. Then he got beat up, and they changed defenses. But that's the same Ernie Sims drafted just a few years ago. I think Andy Reid did an outstanding job of getting himself an outstanding football player."
                      I'm a little confused about millen. He was excellent on tv before he became a terrible GM right? So right now whta is he? Is he that excellent TV guy again or is he some washed up, hated GM who pretends to still have TV cred?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

he's a guy who needs to try flying a plane solo to europe right now.
                        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Getting rid of Sims is a good enough deal for me. I wouldn't have cared if we just got a 7th back. Addition by subtraction.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

I too am glad Detroit got rid of Sims. More for the sake that all of the haters in here will stop gripping about him, hahahaha!!!!

"Value" is relative. We only have to look as far as one of our recent roster additions CB Chris Houston. Atlanta thought they were getting "it" for a traded 5th round pick in excange for Houston ... the 41st overall draft pick in the 2007 draft.

Regardless of a websites measurables on "worst" at a position he still started & Reid has him slated as a starter in Philly (a damn solid D) so giving up a starter for an earlier suggested 7th round pick, come on ... really? Mayhew loves him 7th round picks but that to me is not "value". just say'n ...

Comment

Scheffler was a great target for Cutler. Luckily he has a similar QB in Det.

2010 Projection: 65 Catches, 850 yards, 6 TD

you guys are lucky

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                Wow ... we will really be tossing around the pigskin if #1b TE has that sort of season.
                                C. Johnson, Burelson, Pettigrew & B. Johnson will want touches too. Interesting. Maybe we just don't run the ball like Indy & pass all darn game! (kidding ... sort of)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information