No announcement yet.

Tony Scheffler a Lion ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we are going to see quite those types of numbers from Scheffler because Burelson and Pettigrew (when healthy) will get their share of touches. However, I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed if Scheffler caught 50 passes and 4 TD.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
      I too am glad Detroit got rid of Sims. More for the sake that all of the haters in here will stop gripping about him, hahahaha!!!!

"Value" is relative. We only have to look as far as one of our recent roster additions CB Chris Houston. Atlanta thought they were getting "it" for a traded 5th round pick in excange for Houston ... the 41st overall draft pick in the 2007 draft.

Regardless of a websites measurables on "worst" at a position he still started & Reid has him slated as a starter in Philly (a damn solid D) so giving up a starter for an earlier suggested 7th round pick, come on ... really? Mayhew loves him 7th round picks but that to me is not "value". just say'n ...
      Whether it's good "value" is determined by the market any given year. Good starters are being traded for 5th round picks right now. Even if you assume that these guys had/have "off field" issues and would otherwise be drawing 3rd or 4th round picks, a guy that has literally been one of the worst starting LB's in the league over the past couple season isn't going to draw even a 5th in the current climate.

Getting a 7th and a player is exceptional value in the current NFL trade market.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
        I don't think we are going to see quite those types of numbers from Scheffler because Burelson and Pettigrew (when healthy) will get their share of touches. However, I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed if Scheffler caught 50 passes and 4 TD.
        2006 was his rookie season.

His numbers with Cutler the next two seasons:

2007: 49-549-5

2008: 40-645-3

I'll disregard 2009 as he obviously wasn't a good fit in Boy Wonder's offense. His numbers dropped to 31-416-2.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
          Welcome, 3 posts ... your cherry has been popped! Hate to bust you up so early on but listen to that statement ... "an ideal #2 TE" really? Even if Sims was a bad fit, or overpursued lanes, or had durability issues or ... (fill in the blank, the guy was hated on this board!) he was Detroit's defensive captain, a top 15 overall pick, still young & a starting OLB! He is going to start in Philly! Traded for a #2 TE?? I like Scheffler, he's from my neck of the woods, was a tremndous talent even back in the day ... but we are putting a ton of faith into a 7th round pick Follett to fil lthat void. or Dizon who is NOT a starting NFL OLB imho. Plus, if we go OLB with pick #34 or #66 it leaves RB or CB or ... (whatever needed position) out of the equation. Just say'n ... It's a bit of a head scratcher, unless the other shoe drops & Schwarz wrangles in Keith Bullocks to sign a 1 year deal.

Good points fella. BP will be back & really needs to produce year 2 ... more than just block real good. ;o)
          Thanks for the welcome. It should also be noted that Scheffler is more than a #2 TE - he's essentially our slot receiver as well, much like Dallas Clark. He upgrades us at 2 positions(farewell, Dennis Northcutt!), and while I'd never project TE1 numbers from him Fantasy-wise, 40/500 would mean a whole heckuva lot for both Stafford and CJ.

I don't mean to call you out, but some of the things you said are precisely why I'm so glad Ernie is gone. Defensive captain? Great. We've got much more seasoned vets coming in now like KVB who'll fill that void. Top 15 pick? Seems to be about his only positive nowadays. Don't think we can cling to his draft position any longer - he'll never play like a top 10 pick. Young and starting? On the Lions. And on the Eagles, until they see what Schwartz saw as well. I wish Ernie the best, but I wont be holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Huss View Post
            Thanks for the welcome. It should also be noted that Scheffler is more than a #2 TE - he's essentially our slot receiver as well, much like Dallas Clark. He upgrades us at 2 positions(farewell, Dennis Northcutt!), and while I'd never project TE1 numbers from him Fantasy-wise, 40/500 would mean a whole heckuva lot for both Stafford and CJ.

I don't mean to call you out, but some of the things you said are precisely why I'm so glad Ernie is gone. Defensive captain? Great. We've got much more seasoned vets coming in now like KVB who'll fill that void. Top 15 pick? Seems to be about his only positive nowadays. Don't think we can cling to his draft position any longer - he'll never play like a top 10 pick. Young and starting? On the Lions. And on the Eagles, until they see what Schwartz saw as well. I wish Ernie the best, but I wont be holding my breath.
            B/c you are new I'll let you! (jk) Naw, it's totally cool to have different opinions on things (ie calling me out) ... I don't mind. ;o) I was more playing the devils advocate FOR Ernie Sims since he is not here to defend himself. hahaha! Again I'll say it, I like that Sims is gone I just would have liked either a RB or a defensive player in return. A slot WR/#2 TE (whatever) with questionable work ethic (according to Josh McDaniels) and a 7th rounder is not my idea of value. Others seem to disagree, that's fine. I bet he does fine in Philly.

Comment

With this trade, I wouldn't mind seeing us take Eric Norwood if he is there in the 4th round. I saw him play in a few games and was pretty impressed. It seemed like he was constantly in the play. He blew up Sneed in one game I saw while Sneed was still talked up as being a high prospect.

Comment

Scheffler is a great match-up problem, not only because of his size, but he has incredible athleticism, speed (for his size), leaping ability, and excellent hands; he's a human highlight film. I think he led all tight-ends in '08 in average yards per catch.

What you won't see in the stats is how he outworks and out-physicals his defenders, how he's not afraid to put his body on the line for a catch, and how he's super-clutch under pressure. He will never quit on a ball thrown by Stafford, even if it's just to deflect it from going to an opponent. He will protect your quarterback. Here's a highlight film someone made; that'll get you pumped up. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3_OP1JCs9o

His main problem has always been his health, but it's probably directly connected to the way he plays. Stafford will love him.

Comment

I'm laughin so hard at the commments on that vid.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information