No announcement yet.

Draft day discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Donovon Warren now a UFA or did he get drafted? I'd like to see the Lions pick him up.
    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by noondog View Post
      So is Donovon Warren now a UFA or did he get drafted? I'd like to see the Lions pick him up.
      It looks like he is a Jet now.

http://twitter.com/donovanwarren
      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• nevermind, beaten to the punch.

and i love this draft. jason fox can push for the RT spot now and be groomed to become a clone of Jeff Backus in 2 years. Great value.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          The day has finally come!!!!!

Suh and Best is what I think is going to happen.
          You nailed it brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
            Willie Young tied for the DL lead at the combine with a 38 inch vertical. He's also gonna be a 25 year old rookie.

I like the Jason Fox pick a lot.. and I'm indifferent to our Mr. Irrelephant. Never heard of the guy :( I was hoping for Blount or Brandon Lang.. but oh well.
            Blount must not have impressed the staff at the Senior Bowl like most thought. Probably for the best, but big, fast guys that people tend to bounce off of are always solid for depth. I thought he was going to be the irrelevant pick or Donovan Warren ... who .....

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
            It looks like he is a Jet now.

http://twitter.com/donovanwarren
            ...... got some really bad information to come out as a Junior! What a dumb move, obviously should have stayed put for hsi senior year. Got the degree, another year to improve on the weaknesses etc ... good luck now making the Jets practice squad!

Comment

• Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
              Add on the draft picks spent on Corey Williams, Rob Sims, Chris Houston and Shaun Hill and you can add 3 more starters and a solid backup QB with starting experience.
              I include these with the Lions picks which make me think they did an even better job. Those are all starters for Detroit and huge upgrades, Detroit needed to hit on as many starters as they possibly could. Granted Hill isn't a starter, and Houston is average at best, but they were still needed. Sims and Williams both though are significant upgrades I believe to positions much needed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I'm not expecting too many UDFA's to come to Detroit at this point (after all if you can pick a situation my guess would be you go to a good team?) but this has been another excellent offseason, I just hope the results are good next year. That'd be nice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• as long as we pick outside of the top 5 next year then i won't be too disappointed. 6-10 range is alright since we'd have 4-5 wins at least.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    I'm not expecting too many UDFA's to come to Detroit at this point (after all if you can pick a situation my guess would be you go to a good team?) but this has been another excellent offseason, I just hope the results are good next year. That'd be nice.
                    Not sure if this is accurate, but UDFA signings so far appear to be:

RB Aaron Higdon- (5'8" 190) Charleston
                    FB Matt Clapp- (6'2" 246) Oklahoma
                    WR Michael Moore-( 6'0" 207) Georgia
                    TE Richard Dickson - (6'2" 245) LSU
                    DT Robert Callaway - (6'5" 312) Saginaw Valley State
                    LB Ryan Stamper - (6'1" 235) Florida
                    CB Aaron Berry - (5'11" 180) Pittsburgh
                    LS Sam Scroggins - (6'5" 240) West Virginia State
                    DE Chima Ihekwoaba - (6'3" 260) Wilfrid Laurier (Tryout)

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/4...undrafted-free

I actually think that Ihekwoaba could make the team from his tryout. The guy is actually extremely athletic. At the CFL combine he had a 42.5" vertical, 4.37 short shuttle, and 10' broad jump.

EDIT: Just watched a highlight video of him, and he doesn't look nearly as explosive as those workout numbers would indicate.

Video I could find of some of the guys:

Aaron Higdon

Chima Ihekwoaba
                    Last edited by ironman4579; 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM.

Originally posted by Jakey
                    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Stamper from UF could make the team and contribute. I'm glad to see Michael Moore get a chance he's a solid player nothing special though.

Comment

• Higdon doesn't look too bad. He apparently led all NCAA RB's last year with a 9.9 YPC average. I doubt he ever ends up being a contributor as a RB, but from the highlight tape (not the best source, I know) he may be able to make the team as a kick/punt returner.

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information