No announcement yet.

Draft day discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see any way that Suh isn't our pick. Mayhew doesn't want to follow in Millen's footsteps and Suh is a nice safe pick.
    If Im picking I'd take Okung and use round 2 to find a DT since this draft is loaded at DT.
    I just wonder what we will all be saying if Stafford gets seriously hurt next year because Backus couldn't protect him.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      I don't see any way that Suh isn't our pick. Mayhew doesn't want to follow in Millen's footsteps and Suh is a nice safe pick.
      If Im picking I'd take Okung and use round 2 to find a DT since this draft is loaded at DT.
      I just wonder what we will all be saying if Stafford gets seriously hurt next year because Backus couldn't protect him.
      Or for that matter if we pick Okung and Stafford still gets hurt and Suh lights it up in Tampa Bay? There is always second guessing.

But also I don't see us staying settled on OL just because we pass on Okung for the 2nd overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
        I'm quite glad you aren't the one picking.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

DT Suh
          RB Best
          CB Jerome Murphy
          SS/OLB Kam Chancellor

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
            No. As long as it starts with a QB and follows with Suh.
            If the day starts with Suh I'll be upset.
            Oh, yeah, I meant that.

Comment

So apparently Kowalski is saying the Lions would be very interested if the Raiders were offering up Darren McFadden. According to him the Lions offered up their 3rd rounder (#66). How would you feel about that?

I honestly would not be happy. I know McFadden seemed like a stud in college, but the guy goes down way to easily. Seems like a straight speed guy to me and nothing else at this point.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                So apparently Kowalski is saying the Lions would be very interested if the Raiders were offering up Darren McFadden. According to him the Lions offered up their 3rd rounder (#66). How would you feel about that?

I honestly would not be happy. I know McFadden seemed like a stud in college, but the guy goes down way to easily. Seems like a straight speed guy to me and nothing else at this point.
                He's been nicked up but hmmmmmmm.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                  Oh, yeah, I meant that.
                  Well you didn't say it, so good job sucking Nick.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I'll take Run DMC for a 4th.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post

I'd jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                        I'd jump on it.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

The two scenarios I am hoping for today are:

Bradford goes #1, Suh is the pick

or

Suh goes #1, trade back with TB for a 3rd, they take McCoy, then trade back again with CLE or OAK for a 2nd and a future 2nd and take Berry, Haden, Spiller or reach for K Wilson or B Graham.

Personally I would love the trade scenario the most, I want Suh and all but stock piling picks should be priority #1 for us.

Have fun watching everyone!

Comment

I would just like to say that I am 26 and have been a Detroit Lions fan since I was born and brought into it by my mother. I have lived through pretty much only bad memories. One of my favorite moments as a Lions fan was drafting Matthew Stafford last year. This was a turing point in the franchise and I believe that today assuming Bradford goes number one, drafting Suh on defense will have the same "building block" feel that Stafford was/is. I can't wait. I will die as a damn Lions fan even if they don't have another winning season for the rest of the my life. Cheers to Mr. Suh...

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

SUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Thank you baby jesus!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information