Yea, it just scrolled across on NFL network

Lions get
    Vikings 1st rounder (Jahvid Best)
    Vikings 4th rounder (#128)

Vikings get
    Lions 2nd rounder (#34)
    Lions 4th rounder (#100)
    Lions 7th rounder (#214)

Basically we just moved back into the first, dropped down in the 4th, and gave up one of the million 7th rounders we have. Really good trade from my perspective.

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

I totally agree, and as nmb1114 said the Vikings could have taken him since Chester Taylor left town

Comment

If Best stays healthy then that price was next to nothing to pay

Comment

A few things to keep in mind about Best is that he should make a instant impact and will prob get over 1,000 yards from scrimmage his rookie year. His speed could be killer in the dome. You can never have enough weapons for a young QB and the lions have greatly improved the depth at the skill positions

Comment

I saw Detroit taking Best, figured you guys would wait but seeing you only gave up a 7th really, and didn't risk losing him, I love the move. He's a play-maker, he can really do some special things on the field and you have to love what the organization has put around Stafford and Calvin.

Best is a great fit with or without K Smith. Great start to the draft for you guys I felt, and I could also of easily seen Minny taking Best if they didn't like Clausen.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Loving this draft so far. Best was the right pick, I love his game breaking speed and shiftiness.
              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Yeah I came to terms with Suh and was always content and happy with the pick I won't lie I am an Okung fanatic but Suh is a guy I liked. Best I don't I've been adimately anti-best for a while and I'll be prepared to eat crow because I'm the only person who doesn't like him.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I like him, I just think that we didn't need to trade up...Also, does anyone realize what we could have gotten for 34 as well as the top of the 4th in a trade down? We could have picked up a 5th at the top of the 4th, but now we dont draft until late 4th...

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                    I like him, I just think that we didn't need to trade up...Also, does anyone realize what we could have gotten for 34 as well as the top of the 4th in a trade down? We could have picked up a 5th at the top of the 4th, but now we dont draft until late 4th...
                    still got a 3rd round pick

Comment

Yeah, I know we still have the 3rd, but we could have traded down tomorrow and picked up some extra picks in a deep draft. Same in the 4th.

Comment

If Best can stay healthy, then this draft is already insanely good. CB/O-line/LB in round three would be oh so sweet.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Love it....hoping CB is addressed at 66. I like Jerome Murphy if he's there.

Comment

Have you guys looked at any highlights of Best? Dude is fast and shifty as hell.

Comment

You guys were supposed to do stupid **** like take Dez Bryant at #2. I'm very displeased with you. Bad Lions! Bad!

This whole Lions-not-acting-like-retards thing is depressing. It's going to take some getting used to. I miss Matt Millen.

Comment

Love the first round.. Hoping we can pick up a CB in Round 3 but it wouldn't completely ruin the draft for me if we didn't.

Random names I'd like to see us get in the rest of the draft:: Brandon Ghee, Jerome Murphy, Corey Wooton, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Kam Chancellor, Walter Thurmond, Myron Rolle, O'Brien Schofield, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Clifton Geathers, Brandon Lang, Perry Riley, Javier Arenas, anddd Lindsey Witten. Now, having said those names.. we're not gonna draft any of them.. Oh well, I definitely trust Mayhew.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information