Michigan Wolverines Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
    Zion Babb and Artis Chambers have left the team.

Despite rumors that McGuffie is transferring, nobody can confirm this. They can confirm though that McGuffie's grandmother did die and Sammy might miss the OSU game to go to the services.
    MGB does not share your enthusiasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Because some of the stuff people say are way past the border between moronic and controversial. People calling for him to be fired already are a perfect example.

As if you needed a reason.

He's doing fine. Cut the man some ******* slack.
      Anybody who turns the criticism from himself to the fans doesn't deserve any slack. The fact of the matter is that Michigan is a job that requires a certain degree of success. He had to have known what he was getting himself into.

The dude needs to channel his inner-Marinelli and say "It's on me" a couple times.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Anybody who turns the criticism from himself to the fans doesn't deserve any slack. The fact of the matter is that Michigan is a job that requires a certain degree of success. He had to have known what he was getting himself into.

The dude needs to channel his inner-Marinelli and say "It's on me" a couple times.
        And when Michigan's rolling up 10 win seasons starting in '10, where will these retards be?

Comment

And when Michigan's rolling up 10 win seasons starting in '10, where will these retards be?
          Let's not assume he acheives that success at this point. He isn't going to win 10 games in his first 2 seasons combined the way things are going now.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I wanna make something perfectly clear here,

I don't hate RichRod as a coach, and I can handle one horrific losing season if it betters the program in the long run. My biggest issue with this hiring is the loss of Michigan's tradition. I hate the spread offense. I liked that the Wolverines ran a Pro-Style offense. Michigan could take pride in being one of the premier producers of NFL talent. That isn't likely to be the case anymore.

Say what you will, but that's how I see it. If I just wanted to watch entertaining football, I could watch any number of teams across the country. Michigan had a certain prestige to them, and now that appears to have died.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Let's not assume he acheives that success at this point. He isn't going to win 10 games in his first 2 seasons combined the way things are going now.
              I never said he was.

First year at Salem College: 2-8 Program was dropped the year after

First year at Glenville State: 1-7-1
              Years after: 4-5-1, 6-4, 10-3 (lost NC game), 8-3, 8-2, 6-4 (Starting with the 10-3 year, his team won a piece of the conference title game every year)

First year at WVU: 3-8
              Years after: 9-4, 8-5, 8-4, 11-1, 11-2, 11-2.

Notice the significant improvement as time goes by? Now imagine that improvement that has been proven to occur and combine it with the talent he can rake in at Michigan...

ZOMGZ BURNZ HIM AT THE STAKE!

Comment

I wanna make something perfectly clear here,

I don't hate RichRod as a coach, and I can handle one horrific losing season if it betters the program in the long run. My biggest issue with this hiring is the loss of Michigan's tradition. I hate the spread offense. I liked that the Wolverines ran a Pro-Style offense. Michigan could take pride in being one of the premier producers of NFL talent. That isn't likely to be the case anymore.
                So you enjoy boring, predictable, conservative offenses? Whatever floats your boat. The '07 pro-style offense was one of the biggest disappointments in UM history.

Say what you will, but that's how I see it. If I just wanted to watch entertaining football, I could watch any number of teams across the country. Michigan had a certain prestige to them, and now that appears to have died.
                You won't be bitching about the prestige and the offense when UM's rolling up 40 a game.

Comment

he doesn't deserve your loyalty, he is 3-8. you have to earn respect, he's earned toilet paper so far.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    he doesn't deserve your loyalty, he is 3-8. you have to earn respect, he's earned toilet paper so far.
                    Yet he's going to get my loyalty. Whether they're 0-12 or 12-0, UM is my team. He's not going to get fired this year, next year, or any time before 2012 for that matter. Get used to the offense, and come back to me when they're tearing **** up. Good thing WVU fans didn't jump off the ledge after a 3-8 season.

Comment

• Bottom line, him saying that was really, really stupid. What was he thinking? I don't care if he is taking unfair criticism, you should know better then to respond this way, especially when your generalizing Michigan's fan base. Winning is expected, this is Michigan.

Comment

• Sniper, you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Of course I wasn't happy with the Pro Style offense Lloyd Carr ran. That was a little too conservative for my liking, but there are innovative, exciting coaches out there that run similar offenses.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

So you enjoy boring, predictable, conservative offenses? Whatever floats your boat. The '07 pro-style offense was one of the biggest disappointments in UM history.

You won't be bitching about the prestige and the offense when UM's rolling up 40 a game.
                          are you serious? the 07 offense was one of the biggest disappointments in UM history....they won the capital one bowl over florida....they are 3-8 right now

pro-style vs rich rod, and you think pro style is the failure

atleast when alabama brought in nick saban, he won the independence bowl in his first year. i don't understand how people think they have to be that bad this year. this is college, if you're a good enough coach you can recruit whatever talent you want and bring them with you. he did a horrible job in the offseason bringing talent in and it shows.

how many national titles has rich rod won? zero. he's earned nothing. his only saving grace is finding talented duel threat qbs and quick running backs in a spread offense. it's pretty easy to win if you have 2 heisman candidates on your roster.

yeah, next year will be different, but he's wasted a full year already and 1 year quickly becomes 2, then 3.
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                            are you serious? the 07 offense was one of the biggest disappointments in UM history....they won the capital one bowl over florida....
                            Whoop-dee-*******-do. They won a bowl game. They also finished 63rd in the nation in scoring offense. They finished 8th in the Big 10! 8th! With the school's leading QB and RB, an explosive playmaker at WR, a great possession guy, the #1 pick in the draft at LT etc...They scored 3 points against Ohio State! 3!

pro-style vs rich rod, and you think pro style is the failure
                            Give Rodriguez the same amount of experience on his players, and he's averaging 35+.

atleast when alabama brought in nick saban, he won the independence bowl in his first year. i don't understand how people think they have to be that bad this year.
                            They also had the personnel to run Saban's scheme. They also didn't lose their QB, RB, two WR, LT, LG, C, RG, SLB, WLB, FS, SS and a bunch of depth guys. If you legitimately think it's the same type of situation, you're delusional.

this is college, if you're a good enough coach you can recruit whatever talent you want and bring them with you. he did a horrible job in the offseason bringing talent in and it shows.
                            Yeah, it's not like he's had to start 871 freshmen this year.

Freshmen that have seen playing time this year:

Steve Threet
                            Justin Feagin
                            Sam McGuffie
                            Mike Shaw
                            Avery Horn
                            Kevin Koger
                            Dave Molk
                            Martavious Odoms

Mike Martin
                            Boubacar Cissoko
                            Michael Williams

That's all freshmen or redshirt freshmen. That doesn't count the multitude of sophomores on the team. If Michigan starts the same players again next year on offense (they won't, but work with me) they will returnEVERY SINGLE STARTER

He's had to flip-flop between a water buffalo and a mental ****** at QB. Combined, they had one pass attempt before this year. 1!

how many national titles has rich rod won? zero. he's earned nothing.
                            Winning two (one, but he gave Stewart all the talent + playbook to work with) BCS games at WVU is pretty much the equivalent of winning NCs at major schools.

his only saving grace is finding talented duel threat qbs and quick running backs in a spread offense. it's pretty easy to win if you have 2 heisman candidates on your roster.
                            Pat White's other college offers were DB/WR offers. Steve Slaton was another "who cares?" recruits, and Rodriguez's offense turned them into the slayers of all things defense that they became. How's Pat White doing without Rodriguez this year?

yeah, next year will be different, but he's wasted a full year already and 1 year quickly becomes 2, then 3.
                            His track record/prior history beg to differ

Comment

• this is a "what have you done for me lately" world. Michigan HAS to impress next year or its recruiting will start to falter. Which it already has a bit, but we'll see what freshman qbs next year can do. They'll need time to mature, which is the problem. 2 years of crap. and we already had a system in place with the top rated qb of his recruiting class all ready to step up.

this just feels like michigan hired a contractor to build them a new house. and in the process michigan's wife was slapped around and its daughter became pregnant. this new house had damn well better be worth it.
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• I'm taking Sniper's side here. The one thing that really hurt us on offense the last several games is QB play. I've seen improvements in a lot of areas on offense, but Threet and Sheridan should not be starters at Michigan.

There is a lot to be excited for

1.The OL has gotten better
                                2.Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor, Michael Shaw, and hopefully Sam McGuffie
                                3.Kevin Koger looks like a playmaker at TE
                                4.Mike Martin
                                5.Warren and Cissoko look like they'll be a decent tandem
                                6.Mouton and Ezeh are improving
                                7.We should have a healthy WR corp next year
                                8.This staff is recruiting well.

If there are people on the staff that the school is not happy with, they'll be gone. Is a 3 win season acceptable? No, but let's not say that we'd look better in a pro offense. We'd still have 10 new starters on offense, we'd still have either Threet or Sheridan at QB, and we'd still have Charles Stewart, Morgan Trent, Justin Thompson, and Stevie Brown starting on defense.

I do think this season has made a lot of Michigan fans irrational, but I'm willing to give RichRod time. As Snipe said, his track record speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information