Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    I wanna make something perfectly clear here,

I don't hate RichRod as a coach, and I can handle one horrific losing season if it betters the program in the long run. My biggest issue with this hiring is the loss of Michigan's tradition. I hate the spread offense. I liked that the Wolverines ran a Pro-Style offense. Michigan could take pride in being one of the premier producers of NFL talent. That isn't likely to be the case anymore.

Say what you will, but that's how I see it. If I just wanted to watch entertaining football, I could watch any number of teams across the country. Michigan had a certain prestige to them, and now that appears to have died.

Words out of my mouth, I completely agree. We won't be producing the great talents of the NFL anymore. I thought recently UM inherited the term "Quarterback U". The spread has no tradition at Michigan, Carr's offense wasn't explosive but there are coaches out there that ran a Pro-Style offense that excited people(USC comes to mind).

Granted I will always be a Michigan fan, but I wasn't a fan of the hiring. I think he will succeed once the players he needs gets there, but its just not the offense I'd like to see Michigan running.

Comment

• It isn't even just Pro-Style QB's we'll be losing. Michigan produces top Offensive Lineman, and lineman don't have a chance to showcase their abilities for the NFL in this spread offense. Half the pass plays are WR screens that require them to pass protect for no more than 2 seconds, and traditional running plays (or formations) are non-existant for the most part. We're not gonna get recruits like Jake Long, Backus, Hutchinson, Rynyan, Jansen, Mo Williams, Dave Baas, etc, etc, etc.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
        he doesn't deserve your loyalty, he is 3-8. you have to earn respect, he's earned toilet paper so far.
        soon to be 3-9

Comment

It isn't even just Pro-Style QB's we'll be losing. Michigan produces top Offensive Lineman, and lineman don't have a chance to showcase their abilities for the NFL in this spread offense. Half the pass plays are WR screens that require them to pass protect for no more than 2 seconds, and traditional running plays (or formations) are non-existant for the most part.
          Did you maybe think that they've had to call so many screens because he's working with such a bad OL? His best OL this year has been injured and may never play again. He's doing the best he can with crappy OL.

We're not gonna get recruits like Jake Long, Backus, Hutchinson, Rynyan, Jansen, Mo Williams, Dave Baas, etc, etc, etc.
          Really? News to me. Every OL that Rodriguez has recruited so far has been ranked at least 4* by one or both of the major services, except for Patrick Omameh. Omameh could be the starting LT next year. He had a last minute Ohio State offer and was considered a major sleeper.

Now, how about everyone steps away from the ledge? Give the ******* man a chance. The world is not ending because of a 3-8 (9?) season. Conversely, Rodriguez has never had a winning season in his first year. Obviously he makes decent progress afterwards or he wouldn't be coaching the Maize and Blue.

Comment

• Apparently Zion Babb didn't leave the team, he was kicked off.

But more fodder for the "sky is falling" crowd...

DT Jason Kates has left the team, and according to Rodriguez, more could follow.

I'm really not worried about any of these transfers. Kates was buried on the depth chart, as were Babb and Chambers. Babb was kicked off for texting during a walk-through, FWIW. This opens up more scholarships for players that Rodriguez may actually use.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Did you maybe think that they've had to call so many screens because he's working with such a bad OL? His best OL this year has been injured and may never play again. He's doing the best he can with crappy OL.

Really? News to me. Every OL that Rodriguez has recruited so far has been ranked at least 4* by one or both of the major services, except for Patrick Omameh. Omameh could be the starting LT next year. He had a last minute Ohio State offer and was considered a major sleeper.

Now, how about everyone steps away from the ledge? Give the ******* man a chance. The world is not ending because of a 3-8 (9?) season. Conversely, Rodriguez has never had a winning season in his first year. Obviously he makes decent progress afterwards or he wouldn't be coaching the Maize and Blue.
              Sniper, you're gonna have to let this argument go. I am not gonna change my views on RichRod because for every thing you say in support, there is another thing working against him.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• The more kids buried on the depth chart that leave, the more recruits we can add that actually want to be here.

Comment

Sniper, you're gonna have to let this argument go. I am not gonna change my views on RichRod because for every thing you say in support, there is another thing working against him.
                  So basically you're just going to wait until they're good again so you can hop back on the wagon and claim you supported him all along?

Comment

So basically you're just going to wait until they're good again so you can hop back on the wagon and claim you supported him all along?
                    I never got off the bandwaggon. I can disapprove of the direction of the program and still be a fan. I watch every game and follow all the news.

Of course I won't pretend I supported him all along. But I can still root for the team and hope we do well. As I have said before, I don't doubt that RichRod will eventually be successful at Michigan. I just wish we could have gone in a different direction with the program post-Lloyd.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Xio, it seems like you're doing a fair bit of talking out of your ass right now. You're so blinded by your hatred of Rodriguez and the spread offense you can't give us a rational thought about either. Rodriguez has consistently proven that his first year will suck ass. Conversely, he has also proven that he has made consistent progress with them. The man ******* took West Virginia and turned them into ******* slaughtering machines. WEST ******* VIRGINIA! You know how hard it is to sell WVU? Come to WVU. Party your brains out, get a degree that's worth less than dog **** and play in a conference no one cares about.

I can't wait to see your reaction when the spread is ape ******* the Big 10.

Comment

Xio, it seems like you're doing a fair bit of talking out of your ass right now. You're so blinded by your hatred of Rodriguez and the spread offense you can't give us a rational thought about either. Rodriguez has consistently proven that his first year will suck ass. Conversely, he has also proven that he has made consistent progress with them. The man ******* took West Virginia and turned them into ******* slaughtering machines. WEST ******* VIRGINIA! You know how hard it is to sell WVU? Come to WVU. Party your brains out, get a degree that's worth less than dog **** and play in a conference no one cares about.

I can't wait to see your reaction when the spread is ape ******* the Big 10.
                        Dude, I am done talking with you about this. What the hell is so wrong with me disliking RichRod? I have my reasons. So what if you don't agree?
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I never got off the bandwaggon. I can disapprove of the direction of the program and still be a fan. I watch every game and follow all the news.
                          ********. Boo hoo we're 3-8! I want Carr! I want DeBord! I don't want change! Guess what? Spread offenses are all the rage in college football. Get used to it. It's not going anywhere. I love how people think Michigan would have been good if Mallett stuck around. The guy completed 43% of his passes last year, and now he's Jesus? Give me a break. Your boy Carr wouldn't have done dick with this team either. Bowl game? Maybe. Progress in the next five years? **** no. He left the team's OL situation in pathetic, and I mean, ******* PATHETIC shape. A ******* walk-on is the backup LT. A ************* WALK-ON! Ohio State's backup LT? A five star freshman. He left the DE recruiting in ******* shambles. ZERO ************* DEFENSIVE ENDS IN TWO ************* CLASSES! It starts on the goddamn lines, and Carr left in shambles. Behind the two senior DTs, who is there? No one. That's why a true frosh was able to come in and be the #3 DT. Besides Warren and Cissoko, who is good in the defensive backfield? No one.
                          No ************* linebackers ranked higher than three stars besides a ******* converted safety! SAFETIES WHO COULDN'T COVER THEIR ******* GRANDMOTHERS IN A WHEELCHAIR!

Of course I won't pretend I supported him all along. But I can still root for the team and hope we do well. As I have said before, I don't doubt that RichRod will eventually be successful at Michigan. I just wish we could have gone in a different direction with the program post-Lloyd.
                          What direction would that be?

Comment

• EDIT: Not necessary
                            Last edited by Sniper; 11-19-2008, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Because your reasons don't make any ******* sense. You're grasping at straws here. And then when he tears **** up, "Oh man Rich Rod is the greatest!".
                              Dude, I've said a billion times that I do think RichRod will eventually be successful. I'm not gonna deny the fact that I hated the hiring if he does start winning. I'm not some phony flip-flopper with my opinions. If I am wrong, then so be it.

I'm done with this. Feel free to make a huge deal of this if RichRod wins a national championship. Otherwise, leave the subject alone with me. As of now, it's your opinion of RichRod at Michigan that needs to be proven correct.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I find it amusing that you don't reply to the post that points ya boy Carr's awful recruiting at the end of his reign. I'm sure somehow you and the other "The sky is falling" crowd members will find a way to blame it on Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information