No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having said all that I have above, already stating that I didn't like the hire and don't like it now, and that I hate the spread option offense, I'm willing to give Rod a shot. I'm not calling for him to be fired. I'm also not expecting a BCS bowl game next year. If he goes 6-6 I'll look at it as he's moving forward. However, if we're not at least in contention for the Big 10 title by his 3rd year, I am going to be wondering what's going to be done. I will never jump off the Michigan train, but I will also never jump on the RichRod train either. While I will be happy when Michigan starts winning again(and I believe that Rod will have success here) I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his or the spread option offense.

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      I've always felt that Michigan was never fully on board with a switch the spread offense. RichRod might be a great coach, but he wasn't Michigan's 1st, 2nd or seemingly 3rd choice. All the guys who first had a shot at the job it seems were running Pro Style offenses.
      Kind of have to agree with you here Xio. Rod was definately not the first choice it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        Kind of have to agree with you here Xio. Rod was definately not the first choice it seems.
        That doesn't make RichRod any less or a coach than, say, Greg Schiano though. That's not what I was suggesting if anyone got that impression.

It's just that a transition to a new coach who didn't bring sweeping change with him would have been easier for Michigan to withstand.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Having said all that I have above, already stating that I didn't like the hire and don't like it now, and that I hate the spread option offense, I'm willing to give Rod a shot. I'm not calling for him to be fired. I'm also not expecting a BCS bowl game next year. If he goes 6-6 I'll look at it as he's moving forward. However, if we're not at least in contention for the Big 10 title by his 3rd year, I am going to be wondering what's going to be done. I will never jump off the Michigan train, but I will also never jump on the RichRod train either. While I will be happy when Michigan starts winning again(and I believe that Rod will have success here) I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his or the spread option offense.
          And to be clear, I am not advocating the firing of RichRod either. We've made this drastic change to the program, they have to see it through to the end at this point.

Don't let my sig fool you. D-Unit added RichRod to it and I thought it was hilarious enough to keep.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

That doesn't make RichRod any less or a coach than, say, Greg Schiano though. That's not what I was suggesting if anyone got that impression.

It's just that a transition to a new coach who didn't bring sweeping change with him would have been easier for Michigan to withstand.
            In reality, Rod probably has more upside as a coach than Schiano or Les Miles. I don't think I would have necessarily been any happier with those hirings either to be honest.

Comment

And to be clear, I am not advocating the firing of RichRod either. We've made this drastic change to the program, they have to see it through to the end at this point.

Don't let my sig fool you. D-Unit added RichRod to it and I thought it was hilarious enough to keep.
              If nothing else, at least RichRod looks alot happier than RodMar in your sig. ;)

Comment

If nothing else, at least RichRod looks alot happier than RodMar in your sig. ;)
                DJP told me to take it down cause his smirk was scaring him. I tend to agree, but it shall stay.

Rod Marinara is an abomination.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

DJP told me to take it down cause his smirk was scaring him. I tend to agree, but it shall stay.

Rod Marinara is an abomination.
                  I'll tell you something about RodMar though. While the Lions may be horrid, if you have Sirius or XM you can listen to him every Wed. on Movin' the Chains, which is about my favorite radio program right now. I actually like him every time I hear him on the show, or his knowledge at the very least. He may be a terrible head coach, but he knows his stuff when it comes to the Cover 2 and DLine techniques, and honestly when he gets fired, I don't think it'll be very long before he gets picked up by someone as a DLine coach.

Comment

I'll tell you something about RodMar though. While the Lions may be horrid, if you have Sirius or XM you can listen to him every Wed. on Movin' the Chains, which is about my favorite radio program right now. I actually like him every time I hear him on the show, or his knowledge at the very least. He may be a terrible head coach, but he knows his stuff when it comes to the Cover 2 and DLine techniques, and honestly when he gets fired, I don't think it'll be very long before he gets picked up by someone as a DLine coach.
                    Sure. He was always suited to be a D-Line coach. But he can't handle the rigors of being a head coach.

We must be more comfortable with the national media than local guys. haha
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Sure. He was always suited to be a D-Line coach. But he can't handle the rigors of being a head coach.

We must be more comfortable with the national media than local guys. haha
                      Haha, it's funny, Pat Kirwan (who's one of the hosts of Movin' the Chains) just loves the guy. Not as a head coach though.

Comment

• I know I'm going to jinx it, but I can't contain my excitement anymore. We're beating UCLA 36-33. This is after we started 1-12 from three and were down by 8 early in the game. Manny Harris is beasting: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists.

Comment

• Did we end up beating UCLA?

So how ugly is gonna get today guys? Sheridan is starting again.

Over/under two picks for Jenkins??

sig by Pacific

Comment

• WTF!

Odoms should never return a punt ever again. He's botches a fair catch every week!
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Steve Brown can go straight to hell. **** you Stevie Brown.

Comment

• Ugh, 2 plays......

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information