No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be crazy but I really like Ingram if he was there, imagine the tandem of Best-Ingram

Comment

1. Peterson
      2. AJ Green
      3. Ingram
      4. Carimi

i would like an elite LT, but this is one potentially outstanding skill position draft class.

the famous image
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

It appears that picture of Peterson is photoshopped

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m...asp?p=15301515

Still cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          I'll read this as Okung will make a pro bowl or 2 and Suh is going to be a ten time all pro DT.
          I read this as very likely.

'11 is going to depend entirely on what the biggest problem is next year. If the line is so-so and the secondary gets torched every sunday, than it'll be a CB or maybe an extra pass-rusher if the top CBs are gone... If the stanchize is getting gangtackled 10 times a game than it's LT all the way.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what needs we have next year. LT, RB, DE, CB, MLB, WLB, and SS look like they could be needs if things don't work out right.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
              It'll be interesting to see what needs we have next year. LT, RB, DE, CB, MLB, WLB, and SS look like they could be needs if things don't work out right.
              I don't think running back will be a need, at least not a major one next year. After investing a lot into Jahvid Best the team isn't going to invest a lot in another running back (even as a compliment to Best). I think Levy should be able to hold down one of the linebacker spots going into 2011. Assuming we will be picking where I think we will (in the 5-12 range), left tackle, defensive end, and corner back are probably the most realistic options in the first round.

Comment

LT is easily going to be a need next season regardless of if Backus does well or not. He's going to be pushing 34-35 Backus isn't Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or John Ogden he can't play at a high level for much longer.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Fox can be groomed to replace him and Backus probably has 2-3 more years left. I wouldn't say LT is a definite need.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

i like the idea of strengthening a certain unit. this season was dline. next should probably be the secondary. we could spend the 1st round pick on almost any position, but the rest of the draft and offseason would probably be spent on adding 3 more bodies in the secondary.

use the first rounder on a DE, RB, WR, CB, whatever we believe will have the biggest impact.
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I don't think running back will be a need, at least not a major one next year. After investing a lot into Jahvid Best the team isn't going to invest a lot in another running back (even as a compliment to Best). I think Levy should be able to hold down one of the linebacker spots going into 2011. Assuming we will be picking where I think we will (in the 5-12 range), left tackle, defensive end, and corner back are probably the most realistic options in the first round.
                      Yeah, I'm thinking we pick around the same area.

I'm not expecting us to be very good, but I also have a hard time trying to figure out what could be so bad on our team that would cause us to lose 10+ games. The DL looks to be real nice, the OL seems solid and the passing game should work fine.. I guess our Secondary and Running game could give us problems.

Hopefully we can draw up some better 3rd down plays too. Linehan made a few pretty bad play calls last year on 3rd or when we went for it on 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Fox can be groomed to replace him and Backus probably has 2-3 more years left. I wouldn't say LT is a definite need.
                        Fox is more a right tackle.

Also WMD, if Best works out, then we'd only need to draft a big body running back. Those can be had in the 4th-5th round.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

Also WMD, if Best works out, then we'd only need to draft a big body running back. Those can be had in the 4th-5th round.
                          I agree. Fox will be more valuable at RT. I want a left tackle with elite talent.

Comment

technically backus is more appropriate at RT too. lack of elite kick slide. i think fox is backus' long lost son.
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              technically backus is more appropriate at RT too. lack of elite kick slide. i think fox is backus' long lost son.
                              Easy fella ... Backus is not that old! ;o) Fox is his "little brother". Michigan Wolverines love that phrase anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

Yeah definitely. I wasn't listing Round 1 needs.. just things we might have to address next year. I'd expect us to pick LT, DE, or CB in Round 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information