No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spivey is not doing himself any favors in the coaches minds so far from what I read ... but I guess it's still early? Still a head scratcher with him ... he played in a zone scheme mostly @ Iowa & Detroit is mostly man coverage, I wondered about the fit?
    To me there are 3 early front runners for CB picks in the top 20: Peterson, Amukamara & A. Williams would all be prime picks with Detroit's #1 in 2011. With Lawrence Jackson added this week & the promise Willie Young shows, DE is not likely a 1st round "need" right now. (although the thoughts of a Greg Romeus excites me)

Comment

Scott's 1st mock is out ... I LOVE his selection for Detroit (Peterson) kid looks amazing against NC tonight returning the ball. I DO NOT LOVE he has us drafting #5? ;o)

Comment

So....Peterson had like 257 return yards and a td. Also had 5 tackles. Special teams help plus good tackler...sounds like a great guy to draft.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

All that while Les Miles had Peterson sitting the bench in stretches of the 2nd half to get experience to younger players. He also left for the locker room with 2:00 left in the half! Amazing effort, UNC's special teams units were in shambles with all teh suspensions ... but PP was everywhere!

Comment

right now im not sure we'll be in a position to draft peterson. Looking at scotts first round tho i think that no matter what we'll be in a position to draft an impact player at either of our 3 big needs in DE CB and OT. LB i'd rather wait until 2nd or 3rd

Comment

After seeing the game today, it looks like we need to draft a Referee with our Round 1 pick.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                After seeing the game today, it looks like we need to draft a Referee with our Round 1 pick.

What do you guys think?
                I'm on board.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

round 1- ot
                  round 2- oline
                  round 3- cb

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                    round 1- ot
                    round 2- oline
                    round 3- cb
                    It'll be tough to pass on an OT but I think I'd rather get Patrick Peterson. OT in Round 2 and LB in Round 3.. and then another LB and CB in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                      round 1- ot
                      round 2- oline
                      round 3- cb
                      round 1 - commish
                      round 2 - ref
                      round 3 - LT.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                        It'll be tough to pass on an OT but I think I'd rather get Patrick Peterson. OT in Round 2 and LB in Round 3.. and then another LB and CB in there somewhere.
                        i disagree. how long can we go let our franchise keep getting pummled by Backus`s shoddy play? We need an elite left tackle pronto!

sig by Pacific

Comment

I doubt this would ever happen, but would be awesome if it did. What if we drafted Patrick Peterson this year and then after we get done with the draft, we offer our 2012 1st and 2nd round picks to the Cleveland Browns for Joe Thomas and maybe throw another one of our players in their too along with the draft picks. I highly doubt the Browns would ever do this, but it might be worth trying.
                          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

joe would never be traded, not even for that. i don't believe in the tackles in next year's draft. I'd rather settle for a 2nd or 3rd round tackle and take the top tier talent at corner than reach and get an average tackle.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I still want the Lions to go with Patrick Peterson in the first round this year. I'd like to see them make a play for Marcus McNeil from S.D. to address tackle, ideally before the week 6 deadline. Maybe a package of a 3rd and a 5th along with Gosder or something.
                              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                                joe would never be traded, not even for that. i don't believe in the tackles in next year's draft. I'd rather settle for a 2nd or 3rd round tackle and take the top tier talent at corner than reach and get an average tackle.
                                Thats the problem with next years draft, there aren't really any tackles worth taking where were picking. So we pretty much have to take Patrick Peterson, which I have no problem with because I have been wanting him for a while now. But we need to try and do something with that LT position. Backus has been alright but this injury to Stafford is bringing up questions again. We need to at least try to pickup a great LT either through trade or free agency. It would be nice if someone like Gabe Carimi would fall to us in the second though.
                                "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information