No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its not a need now, but im stilll holding out hope I get a Stafford - A.J Green reuinon.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
      I know its not a need now, but im stilll holding out hope I get a Stafford - A.J Green reuinon.
      what you're saying is Detroit should draft a wide receiver in the first round?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
        Matt Millen is that you?
        "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

i know they should i just want them to bc im a UGA fan and they only got 1 year together in college. Right now they arent a OL that is ranked a high to draft early so they might have to look in another direction via trade.

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
            I still want the Lions to go with Patrick Peterson in the first round this year. I'd like to see them make a play for Marcus McNeil from S.D. to address tackle, ideally before the week 6 deadline. Maybe a package of a 3rd and a 5th along with Gosder or something.
            My thoughts exactly. McNeil makes a lot of sense and that's a trade I would do in a heartbeat. It would stop them reaching for a LT in the 1st rd and allow them to concentrate on defense.

The Lions actually have a better chance of grabbing Peterson now that Stafford is hurt and will likely miss half the season. A shutdown CB like Peterson or Prince A, trade for McNeil and then use the 2nd rd (provided they don't send it to the Chargers under such a scenario) on a OLB or more OL help.

Comment

this is all true. But we need to address OT and we need to do it fast. Watching stafford get hit like that scares the crap outa me and we cant let it happen over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                this is all true. But we need to address OT and we need to do it fast. Watching stafford get hit like that scares the crap outa me and we cant let it happen over and over again
                he's an NFL QB, he's gonna get hit no matter what. The Lions need talent more than they need anything else. If there's no elite LT available next year, I say we grab Peterson and try to get lucky in the second round.

And for god's sake we need to get Staff a few lessons in how not to land on your throwing shoulder.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

In a couple years it will be illegal to touch the qb. We shouldn't even bother with an oline.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Yes, we need to upgrade left tackle. However, taking a left tackle just to take one is stupid. Let me use Scott's car analogy. If you buy an expensive car you're not going to overpay for a below average insurance policy that offers little coverage, just for the sake of having an insurance policy.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Yes, we need to upgrade left tackle. However, taking a left tackle just to take one is stupid. Let me use Scott's car analogy. If you buy an expensive car you're not going to overpay for a below average insurance policy that offers little coverage, just for the sake of having an insurance policy.
                      on the other hand, Scott always says if you don't have a franchise QB etc. etc. and he's right. but right now we've got a potential franchise QB, but we're ruining him by giving him the David Carr treatment.

If there is an LT out there worthy of a high pick, we can't afford not to take him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

The line is not THAT bad, so no we aren't giving him the David Carr treatment.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          The line is not THAT bad, so no we aren't giving him the David Carr treatment.
                          I'll admit to that being a little hyperbolic.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

problem is we're in a division that has 2 of the best DE's in the game. That being said we also have a 2nd year QB that has separated his throwing shoulder twice.

if there's not an elite DE available then lets trade for a veteran LT. If it takes our 2nd round pick so be it. We can get all the talent in the world but if we have a QB who gets killed every game and continues to get hurt we still won't win.

Comment

to be honest, like someone said earlier, i'd be all for biting the bullet and working a trade for Marcus Mcniel. we'd have to pay up, in money and probably send a 3rd and either a guy like goz or maybe a 5th, not really sure, but why not just sack up and fix this problem now. Move backus to RT and all of a sudden we have a very good oline.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                I'll admit to that being a little hyperbolic.
                                Injured three times in 17-games worth of NFL season. He's definitely not being done any favors.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information