2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Draft Discussion

It's just a matter of time before this surfaced...I wanted to beat everyone to the punch for no good reason.

The two dudes that I'm high on right now:

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    2. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Either one of those players would give us another elite prospect at a need position.
    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Peterson unless Backus sucks this year and stafford gets hit too many times.

Best case scenario is our line hold up this year with a vaild running attack and Sims at LG. Also itd be nice to see progress and potential from fox.

If we are able to actually go all defense next year, getting us Peterson, a LB and a DE or safety that would be the draft that could put us over the edge.

Worst case scenario is Stafford gets hit too many times and we need to go OT and then address defense after that.

Comment

I'm not worrying about it since our pick next year will be in the late 20s.

Comment

We need talent at

CB
        OLB
        DE
        LT
        SS

I like Greg Jones, LB out of MSU or Bruce Carter,LB UNC. Depending on how Kevin Smith heals I wouldn't mind going with Mark Ingram, RB. I have to read up on the CB and OT prospects. How about Suh's teammate Jared Crick?
        Last edited by Scotty D; 04-27-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I like the 2 DE's in the Big 10 ... Heyward & Claiborne. We should be picking about 15? ;o)

Barksdale LT from LSU is a load too ... but I think Jason Fox could be molded into the LT of the future after Backus. Looking forward to his development as a Lion, but would vote for either DE above.

Comment

The pick should be a corner, and next year should be a great year for the position. With either Patrick Peterson, Price Amukamara or Aaron Williams to choose from, the team should be able to get a good one.

Only other option would LT if Stafford takes a beating and we cant upgrade in f/a or trade.

Comment

The two 2011 mocks on Walter's site has the Lions picking 9th in both with Gabe Carimi and Ras-I Dowling the picks. Petersen was already gone in both mocks.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                Peterson unless Backus sucks this year and stafford gets hit too many times.

Best case scenario is our line hold up this year with a vaild running attack and Sims at LG. Also itd be nice to see progress and potential from fox.

If we are able to actually go all defense next year, getting us Peterson, a LB and a DE or safety that would be the draft that could put us over the edge.

Worst case scenario is Stafford gets hit too many times and we need to go OT and then address defense after that.
                I'd love peterson, but if the Line doesn't look right this year a top lineman will be our priority.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I wouln't mind seeing a guy like Robert Quinn. Watched a few youtube clips of him and he looks like an absolute beast.

Comment

Ya I usually start this, but seeing as how I would have said Patrick Peterson, its cool.

Comment

I REALLY want a LT this year.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                        I REALLY want a LT this year.
                        Yeah well you wanted Okung and not Jahvid Best so you don't count Broth.

I'm on the Patrick Peterson bandwagon this year. I've heard he could be the best CB prospect in quite a while, an elite prospect at the position.. I'm expecting a 7-9 season at best, which should land us around #10 Overall. Knowing how the draft usually pans out, I'd expect Peterson to be around a #4 or #5 pick. I'd be all for doing what we had to do to trade up for him.

Of course, now that I said that, Patrick Peterson will wind up being a Mid-Round 2 pick when the draft comes around..
                        Last edited by WMD; 04-29-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                          Yeah well you wanted Okung and not Jahvid Best so you don't count Broth.

I'm on the Patrick Peterson bandwagon this year. I've heard he could be the best CB prospect in quite a while, an elite prospect at the position.. I'm expecting a 7-9 season at best, which should land us around #10 Overall. Knowing how the draft usually pans out, I'd expect Peterson to be around a #4 or #5 pick. I'd be all for doing what we had to do to trade up for him.

Of course, now that I said that, Patrick Peterson will wind up being a Mid-Round 2 pick when the draft comes around..
                          You just wait Okung is going to be a multi pro bowl LT and Suh is going to be a multi probowl DT.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            You just wait Okung is going to be a multi pro bowl LT and Suh is going to be a multi probowl DT.
                            I'll read this as Okung will make a pro bowl or 2 and Suh is going to be a ten time all pro DT.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Peterson is still a little inconsistent for me to want him that high right now. He's got amazing physical tools and ability though. If he cleans his game up just a touch, I'd be all over that pick. Adrian Clayborn is my guy right now.

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information