Jahvid Best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jahvid Best

Anything and everything related to Jahvid Best, please post it here! I think you guys got one heck of a guy on and off the field, someone you're going to be very happy with. Based on the comments from Jim Schwartz after the draft, how you guys moved up in the draft for fear of losing him, etc. I think Detroit did an excellent job scouting him. Schwartz alluded to all the attention given to Spiller and while I don't think he wanted to say it, I think he feels he got what can easily end up being the #1 RB in the draft.

Personally, I think that when it's all said and done, Jahvid Best will be considered the best running back from the 2009 and 2010 draft classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6M1jSZcto

Comment

Jahvid Bestís Size Concerns Put to Rest

http://www.lionsgab.com/2010/05/13/j...s-put-to-rest/

Comment

I think he's a great pick also and a perfect fit, what makes me worry some is the fact that Kevin Smith isn't around right now to take some of the load off of him, I feel like he shouldn't be getting 20 carries + a few receptions so soon. I think if you ease him in with 12 carries, 5 receptions he's explosive enough to make it work.

He never really carried the load at Cal, so if I'm Detroit I want to make sure I keep a bigger back around the way the Titans did initially with CJ and Lendale.

Great pick though, great fit, I think he'll be one of the better backs in the league though, it's hard to deny his talent.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Don't forget Maurice Morris is still around too, I feel comfortable with him carrying the ball some

That highlight reel excited me a lot from seeing him run deep pass routes. There hasn't been a back in the league to do that consistently since Faulk. I don't think Chris Johnson even runs that many deep routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
            Don't forget Maurice Morris is still around too, I feel comfortable with him carrying the ball some

That highlight reel excited me a lot from seeing him run deep pass routes. There hasn't been a back in the league to do that consistently since Faulk. I don't think Chris Johnson even runs that many deep routes.
            Maurice Morris is a solid back.

What about some plays that have Best in the backfield and Aaron Brown out in the slot?

Comment

Follett on Jahvid Best

Follett is definitely not hesitant when it comes to offering his scouting report on Jahvid Best, the Lions rookie running back whom he played with at California.

"He's the fastest guy I've ever seen on a football field, in my opinion," Follett said. "DeSean Jackson, Marshawn (Lynch) was out there at Cal, but he has another gear and his cuts, he doesn't lose any speed. I can't wait.

"I already had it played it out in my head of him busting a 70-yard run and everyone going crazy in Ford Field. I'll be sitting on the bench just like, 'I told you so. I told you so.'"

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/05/2...27&feedID=3701

Comment

definitely adds another dimension to our already dangerous offense. he'll help stafford out and as long as stafford takes the next step i fully believe we'll have a top 10 offense

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                  definitely adds another dimension to our already dangerous offense. he'll help stafford out and as long as stafford takes the next step i fully believe we'll have a top 10 offense
                  Top 10 in the NFC North, sure. The Lions definitely have pieces in place, but they aren't there yet and it has everything to do with the offensive line that is still a huge question.

I expect Best to have some nice highlight plays this year as a runner and in the screen game, but I just don't see that line giving him enough holes and protecting Stafford well enough in that division to make the leap yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                    Top 10 in the NFC North, sure. The Lions definitely have pieces in place, but they aren't there yet and it has everything to do with the offensive line that is still a huge question.

I expect Best to have some nice highlight plays this year as a runner and in the screen game, but I just don't see that line giving him enough holes and protecting Stafford well enough in that division to make the leap yet.
                    We had nothing at OG last year. This year we get Rob Sims at LG and Peterman (underrated) at RG. That is a huge upgrade. Dom is fine at C and Backus needs to keep up his solid play at LT. Goz, Jansen, and Fox will battle at RT and its a question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                      We had nothing at OG last year. This year we get Rob Sims at LG and Peterman (underrated) at RG. That is a huge upgrade. Dom is fine at C and Backus needs to keep up his solid play at LT. Goz, Jansen, and Fox will battle at RT and its a question mark.
                      Where do you figure Backus ranks among left tackles in the league?

You guys know Backus better than I do, but I think you'd agree you could use an upgrade there and as you said, right tackle is a question mark

Like I said, there are some nice pieces in Detroit, but I think you're another year away from taking a leap forward.

I like Mayhew and what he's doing there, but I think he's done the Lions a disservice by not making a more concerted effort to improve the offensive line.

Comment

Depends on how you look at it. If you are looking at pure talent alone I would rank him 24-32 area. If you factor in his durability and the actual product he puts on the field I think he can be a top 15 LT.

Comment

Well it depends on how you evaluate him.

Based on his entire career: 25-30 range

Based on just last year: 7-12 range

Based on how good I think he'll be moving forward: 10-20 range

We could definitely upgrade Backus, but his performance last season pushed left tackle down our list of needs. Upgrading right tackle, defensive end, linebacker, and corner back are more important at the moment.

Comment

scale 1-53, how much of a dissapointment was Cherilus for us?

I say 30, I hated the pick when made so it's about as bad as I'd expect.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

makes me more mad that we could have had so many other o lineman

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information