Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason game 1- Lions at Steelers (7:30EST)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason game 1- Lions at Steelers (7:30EST)

http://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/21080251812
    Players ruled out for the game: FS Louis Delmas, RB Kevin Smith, WR Mike Moore, TE Brandon Pettigrew, DE Jared DeVries, LB DeAndre Levy, CB Aaron Berry and K Jason Hanson.

is this going to be shown on one of the major channels?

Comment

They didn't show the first quarter because of technical difficulties and now my channel has gone black.

Comment

i was able to watch the first quarter on CBS. loved what i saw to be honest. Dline got a lot of pressure, best had some solid carries, staffords int was mostly best's fault.

Comment

Avril and KVB looked great. Randy Phillips had some nice plays.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
            i was able to watch the first quarter on CBS. loved what i saw to be honest. Dline got a lot of pressure, best had some solid carries, staffords int was mostly best's fault.
            That was the biggest thing I saw, but lets not forget that this is a injured steelers O-line. Still happy to see the first team D-line dominate though.

Comment

Game started back up.

Felton with two nice runs and a catch. He will be our short yardage back this year.

Comment

How has Suh looked so far?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

-Manny Ramirez had good push at LG
                  -Shaun Hill manages the game well, hits his check downs and doesn't force it.
                  -87 Clark nice catch
                  -Shaun Hill floated a nice pass to Dan Gronkowski for a long gain
                  -Eric King had a nice pass break up
                  -Houston broke up a pass and looked ok in coverage
                  -Paul Pratt had a penalty and got picked on
                  -Defense was attacking ball early and Pitt was coughing it up
                  -LB Ashlee Palmer blitzes for a sack on Dixon, blew up another running play in backfield
                  -Time Toone caught a nice pass, 2 for 23 yards
                  -Caleb Campbell had a nice TFL and pursuit
                  -Willie Young was shedding blocks and shows promise
                  -Jason Fox worked at LT, looked natural out there
                  -Aaron Brown had a nice run out of a screen and was solid running the ball all night. Had some nice returns.
                  -Stanton looks much better than last year, he is fine as the #3 QB.
                  -Dede Dorsey fumbled inside the 20 but it was a monster hit
                  -Spievey gets beat for Brown 68 TD, Gunther pissed
                  -WR Fowler couple of nice catches
                  -Ihekwoaba, Chima DE nice pressure big hit on Batch
                  -TE Richard Dickson had two nice catches, one drop. Went down with injury

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    -Manny Ramirez had good push at LG
                    -Shaun Hill manages the game well, hits his check downs and doesn't force it.
                    -87 Clark nice catch
                    -Shaun Hill floated a nice pass to Dan Gronkowski for a long gain
                    -Eric King had a nice pass break up
                    -Houston broke up a pass and looked ok in coverage
                    -Paul Pratt had a penalty and got picked on
                    -Defense was attacking ball early and Pitt was coughing it up
                    -LB Ashlee Palmer blitzes for a sack on Dixon, blew up another running play in backfield
                    -Time Toone caught a nice pass, 2 for 23 yards
                    -Caleb Campbell had a nice TFL and pursuit
                    -Willie Young was shedding blocks and shows promise
                    -Jason Fox worked at LT, looked natural out there
                    -Aaron Brown had a nice run out of a screen and was solid running the ball all night. Had some nice returns.
                    -Stanton looks much better than last year, he is fine as the #3 QB.
                    -Dede Dorsey fumbled inside the 20 but it was a monster hit
                    -Spievey gets beat for Brown 68 TD, Gunther pissed
                    -WR Fowler couple of nice catches
                    -Ihekwoaba, Chima DE nice pressure big hit on Batch
                    -TE Richard Dickson had two nice catches, one drop. Went down with injury
                    It wasn't Spieveys man

Edit: He may have had a chance to stop him after the catch but where the ball was thrown combined with the two routes he had to stick to his guy until it was too late

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenLament View Post
                      It wasn't Spieveys man

Edit: He may have had a chance to stop him after the catch but where the ball was thrown combined with the two routes he had to stick to his guy until it was too late
                      You could be right, I did not see the play that clearly. Gunther was really going after him on the sidelines though. I heard management is high on Spievey but the coaches are down on him because of the nagging injuries. I think its Phillips or CC Brown for that other starter spot.
                      Last edited by Scotty D; 08-14-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        How has Suh looked so far?
                        He was doubled on two plays that I saw (one of those turned into either a Cliff Avril, or a KVB sack). He seemed somewhat hesitant, but powerful (his strength translates on this level). He's gonna be a problem for O-lineman 1-on-1. I wasn't blown away, but he looked good for a rookie DT (they usually need some seasoning before they become beasts). I expect him to have solid stats this year, but they won't show the actual impact he has on the line.

Comment

Fox dropped coverage when the game was suspended due to rain and lightning, but I caught the first half. Some things I noticed:

1. Stafford looks much better. One throw in particular that caught my attention was an out to Burleson (I think). He put great touch on the ball to get it over the LB's without having it float...not a throw he making most of last year. The INT was Best's fault although the throw was a little high.

2. Jahvid Best looks like the real deal. He has no problem getting to the outside and turning upfield. I really liked how he was running between the tackles. One run in particular where he spun away from two defenders in the backfield and gained positive yards. Responsible for the pick, but his hands looked good otherwide.

3. First team D-line looks so bad-ass. Suh was getting doubled most of the time and had a couple of strong bull rushes, although he did take himself out of a couple of plays. KVB and Avril were getting into the backfield consistently.

4. Houston was so-so at CB. No-call against Wallace on the deep ball could've gone either way...he should've been able to get a hand on the ball at least imo, but he did have the speed to stay with him which was a positive.

5. Randy Phillips was probably the biggest surprise of the night for me. He was making plays and always seemed to be around the ball. I hope he keeps it up.

6. O-line looked pretty good, save for the one play where Backus was bull-rushed and put on his ass....he ended up getting called for tripping on the play. Sims looked very good at LG.

Overall, I was very encouraged by the play of the first-team O and D, but our lack of depth was obvious.
                          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Stanton looked like garbage, and he is not fine as the number 3 QB.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Stanton looked like garbage, and he is not fine as the number 3 QB.
                              agreed but come on, its the number 3 Qb, the chances of him playing are 1 in a million.

Some things i noticed:

-Stafford looked comfortable. His first 2 passes looked rusty but he shook the webs off real quick. That pass to Burleson over the middle was beautiful. I know its early but Staffords the real deal

-The o-line did a great job in pass coverage , besides Backus' stupid penatly. Their run blocking was average. I was impressed with Cherilus and Rob Sims especially.

- KVB and Suh look to be a deadly combination on the right side, while Avril on the left looks very fast. I did not see Williams do much of anything though, but hey its still early.

-Our secondary is going to be burned a lot this year unless the front 4 can get a lot of pressure and stay consistent. Hopefully Delmas returns by the 3rd or 4th pre-season game.

- Really liking Randy Phillips, hopefully he has the job over Ko Simpson.

- Caleb Campbell made a couple of plays that looked good, i still want to see him play more with the first string. That screen play he broke up was beautiful.

- Zach Follett is going to be one of those love/hate guys i can tell already. It seems as if he's going to take himself out of position on PAs or screen plays, but he looks great against the run. Maybe we'll just have him playing strictly blitz and zone schemes. I can't see him covering a TE or RB but hey, we'll see. Overall i think he's an OK fit at WLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information