Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason game 1- Lions at Steelers (7:30EST)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suh is going to have a hard time this year i think. He will get double teams an a regular basis. But thats fine IMO, he's a rookie and even if his stats arent there if he's taking double teams it should open a lot up for avril and KVB

dixon's dominance of us shows our awful depth at secondary... should be a huge concern but here's to hoping we stay healthy

Comment

Originally posted by LOltheLions? View Post
      agreed but come on, its the number 3 Qb, the chances of him playing are 1 in a million.
      So........you're saying there's a chance?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by LOltheLions? View Post
        agreed but come on, its the number 3 Qb, the chances of him playing are 1 in a million.

Some things i noticed:

-Stafford looked comfortable. His first 2 passes looked rusty but he shook the webs off real quick. That pass to Burleson over the middle was beautiful. I know its early but Staffords the real deal

-The o-line did a great job in pass coverage , besides Backus' stupid penatly. Their run blocking was average. I was impressed with Cherilus and Rob Sims especially.

- KVB and Suh look to be a deadly combination on the right side, while Avril on the left looks very fast. I did not see Williams do much of anything though, but hey its still early.

-Our secondary is going to be burned a lot this year unless the front 4 can get a lot of pressure and stay consistent. Hopefully Delmas returns by the 3rd or 4th pre-season game.

- Really liking Randy Phillips, hopefully he has the job over Ko Simpson.

- Caleb Campbell made a couple of plays that looked good, i still want to see him play more with the first string. That screen play he broke up was beautiful.

- Zach Follett is going to be one of those love/hate guys i can tell already. It seems as if he's going to take himself out of position on PAs or screen plays, but he looks great against the run. Maybe we'll just have him playing strictly blitz and zone schemes. I can't see him covering a TE or RB but hey, we'll see. Overall i think he's an OK fit at WLB.
        Welcome to the board. Here are a couple Lion sigs if you want one per Calvin and Kevin.http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...1&#post2259381

On the subject of Suh double teams, shouldn't Sammie Hill be starting next to Suh? Corey Williams is listed at 320 but he is best used at UT as a penetrator. It seems Hill could eat up blockers and let Suh rush the passer, but maybe it isn't that simple.
        Last edited by Scotty D; 08-15-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          Welcome to the board. Here are a couple Lion sigs if you want one per Calvin and Kevin.http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...1&#post2259381

On the subject of Suh double teams, shouldn't Sammie Hill be starting next to Suh? Corey Williams is listed at 320 but he is best used at UT as a penetrator. It seems Hill could eat up blockers and let Suh rush the passer, but maybe it isn't that simple.
          I'd rather have Suh cause double-teams which open up things for others.

Comment

I was at the game in person

Got absolutely soaked. Only saw 4 other Lions fan there but wasn't harassed too bad for wearing one
            Oline played well and that tripping on Backus was bogus but he got destroyed by Harrison on that play. Good pass to Calvin though
            Stafford had some touch and good throws on out routes and int was Bests fault. Stinks td drive was on second string though but still a good practice drive. Bad field position first 2 drives especially with DWs big error at 3 and tripping penalty
            Suh looked good getting doubled which is huge for us helping the rest of the Dline
            KVB has alot left in the tank and Avril looked good too. Big years for both IMO.
            Best is absolutley incredibly fast and had good vision. That run around the edge made me say wow and that spin move in the backfield on the td drive reminded me of another former Lions RB

Comment

Stafford looked much better and thats the major for the lions. If he keeps on getting better everything else will work itself out. Because the defense has to improve and Best looks like a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

Thanks, as far as Sammie Hill, he's an up and comer who still has to develop. He appears to be just a space eater like you mentioned, but i would much rather have a talent like Williams who can take on 1-1s, and rush the QB/clog up running lanes. I think KVB and Suh on the right side are a disaster for teams with an average o-line. Suh/KVB will obviously have a much harder time against a great offensive line and thats where we're going to see just how good Spivey, Houston, Delmas, and Bly are really going to be.

By the way, where Julian Peterson?

Comment

I'll say this agian from a falcons season ticket holder do not count on chris houston to be a starting CB. He will make a few good plays, but gets lost in coverage. I know the lions DB was pretty bad last year, but still Houston isnt good.

Comment

i see shwartz having our CBs pressing a lot and using their speed to run with the wrs. Pressing will give out dline a little more time to get in the QBs face...

as it is right now our defense will live and die by our Dline

Comment

I was really impressed with what the first stringers did, true it was pre-season and I don't take a lot of stock in it, but looking good.

Really was impressed with Best, that speed is going to be deadly, If they can get a pounder to go with Best flash it would be a great combo

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information